The Student Room Group

Ideal Height In A Guy

Scroll to see replies

i'm 4'11"... i'm not really fussed, they could be 3'0 or 8'0 for all i care
Reply 141
Original post by graffic
You do realise its women you are talking about? Although superior to men in every other every way, when it comes to judging others or potential partners, women are the harshest and most uncompromising of all.

In fact, the way some posters talk here, If I was a dwarf I would be pretty offended

I think it works both ways. Most of the horrible people I have known in my life have been blokes, but then the few who have had the ability to be insidiously nasty are women. I'm not about to split hairs here, because there are men who will turn down women on the basis of them being taller and therefore being 'emasculated'.

I work on the basis that because I have a cock, I am a man and that won't be changing.
Reply 142
Original post by Tullia
Why would it be a joke? :tongue:

I'm not surprised by it really. Standard misandric sentiments which are so pervasive as do be deemed the norm. Double standards in favour of women is rife within society. Ask yourself how people would have responded if he'd said the opposite?
Reply 143
abit taller than me, but not loads
Reply 144
Original post by Tullia
Highlighted typo. Just so you know that I've bothered to read your post.

I can completely appreciate where you're coming from, but I wasn't looking for a serious discussion on this.

I'm male, by the way. Just another man with a superior woman at his side.

I thought you were a guy. That's why I wasn't surprised.
Any height really, but less tall than me (5"9) might be pushing it. Tall is good!
Reply 146
Ideally around the same height as myself, not shorter though.
So from about 5'6- 5'8 max. I don't know, it depends a lot on the guy.
Original post by Regent
Actually in the UK it's more like 5'10.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

It's close to 5'10, but not actually 5'10 in most parts of the world, even the UK.

5'9 isn't small, and if it is, it's not noticably small. Again more or less average height.
Reply 148
6ft 2-3 is the best height. I am 6ft on the dot, when out u usually wear boots so 6ft 2 and taller than most.
Another thing I've noticed about this thread is how many tall women tsr has.

15-20% of women are 5'8 and above yet most them who've posted here are above that. Interesting.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 150
Middle class are generally taller. I've joined a red brick uni gym and am always surprised how tall a lot are.
Most women prefer taller guys, so if you're a shorter guy, the best thing to do is learn how to be successful from other successful short guys. AtEyeLevel.co is a short guy site, or look for other short guys here who can help step your game up.
Reply 152
I currently stand at 5'8. Personally; I prefer girls who are 5'6+, and who are noticeably taller than me in heels.

Being 5'8; I am probably in the very middle-rungs in regards to the range of the most common female height. This means that I have talked to many girls who are both taller and short than me, by more than nominal amounts. Suffice to say, it is remarkable how much of an effect height has on the dynamic of the conversation. I have noticed that if a girl is taller than me and has the ability to look down on me while she is talking to me, she is naturally more confident as a result; and I love confident girls.
6 foot 2 master race checking in
Reply 154
5 ft 10 In here. 16 years old. Want to be at least 6 ft.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 155
I'm 5'11...but wear shoes that make me 6'2 to 6'4 when with friends...They're elevator shoes. I like guys who are around my height - not shorter. So 5'11 to 6'1

Quick Reply

Latest