Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you shower in the evening or morning? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you usually shower in the evening or in the morning?
    Evening
    45.26%
    Morning
    54.74%

ReputationRep:
    depends what time i start work/uni.
    if i have an early start, meaning i'd have to get up even earlier if i wanted to shower, i shower the night before.
    if i have a later start i'll usually shower in the morning, then the evening again if i'm going out.

ReputationRep:
    Morning....always in the morning.

I don't just sleep in bed...

ReputationRep:
    evening so my hair can dry overnight (hopefully anyway - my hair is very long and I generally sleep with the window open). I will shower in the morning if I have to, but it takes me quite a while to dry it with a hairdryer and I get bored.

ReputationRep:
    Generally evening, I like sleep too much, but if I've been out the night before and am horribly hungover, a shower always makes me feel better - although it's invariably afternoon by the time I've dragged myself up.

ReputationRep:
    Evening, cos I hate sleeping knowing I'm going to have to get up early for a shower. Then I never do get up early and feel generally crap.

ReputationRep:
    Evening? More like midnight. :3

ReputationRep:
    usually evening. I prefer feeling 'clean' when in bed

ReputationRep:
    The relevant question to be would be, do i shower on a monday or a friday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therealOG)
    My arguments for showering in the evening:
    1) It takes so much effort to wake up extra early to have a shower before school. This way I get more sleep

2) There is nothing more relaxing than having a nice hot shower in the evening after a hard day's work

3) I don't want to go to bed all sweaty and dirty after being outside all day, I want to go to bed clean and refreshed. Otherwise my bed sheets will get dirty and unhygienic

4) I hardly sweat in my sleep, going to school without showering in the morning makes no difference to the way I smell/look, and if it did the deodorant is backup.

What about you guys? And what are your arguments?
    For the same reasons you give, I prefer to shower in the evening. My hair is pretty thick too so it takes ages to dry
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I sadly live in a house without a shower so I have to bathe, it takes to long to do so in the morning so I am an evening washer myself.

ReputationRep:
    Usually I shower in the evenings,for pretty much the same reasons as you,it relaxes me and I like going to bed smelling all nice I've been known to have a shower in the mornings,only if I'm hostelling or something,as showers in the evenings in those places can get awkward.Drunk people=open plan bathroom=NOT GOOD. XD

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely think it's rank that people don't shower in the morning, you are the people that stink of **** and don't realise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny.)
    I genuinely think it's rank that people don't shower in the morning, you are the people that stink of **** and don't realise.
    Evening 104 42.28%
    Morning 142 57.72%

Do you go around thinking that 42% of the people you encounter stink? No, because they don't. You don't notice because there's no difference. Your attitude is what stinks, my friend.

ReputationRep:
    Moring =] and the occasional bath in the evenings too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Evening 104 42.28%
    Morning 142 57.72%

Do you go around thinking that 42% of the people you encounter stink? No, because they don't. You don't notice because there's no difference. Your attitude is what stinks, my friend.

ReputationRep:
    I PREFER TO GO NATURAL.

just kidding. morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r3l4x3d)
    What's the point in sleeping clean? If I go to bed dirty after not showering, wake up and then have a shower then there's nothing wrong with going to bed dirty?
    It's just wrong and not the done thing in my culture anyway. So do you like the idea of having a dirty bed all the time, or don't you mind?

ReputationRep:
    Usually in the evening for all the reasons you listed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chellzey)
    It's just wrong and not the done thing in my culture anyway. So do you like the idea of having a dirty bed all the time, or don't you mind?
    No my beds always dirty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r3l4x3d)
    No my beds always dirty.
    Ok. Different strokes for different folks...:rolleyes:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.