The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
rachelle93
And what do the numbers in "< >" mean in the activity name? : Ex BIOL211/P01/02 <14, 16> (what do the 14, 16 mean--are these weeks?)

Weeks 1-10 are michaelmas term, not including freshers week. So week 1 begins 5th Oct.

Weeks 11-20 are lent term, excluding the first friday which is a rather random lancaster tradition. Week 11 starts the monday after the first friday of term (officially). You'll only have lectures from Week 11.

Weeks 21-30 are summer term. You may have lectures for up to the first 5 of these, but science subjects usually have early exams.

After first year you won't have any taught hours in summer term.

Hope that helps. :smile:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
otu1987
Weeks 1-10 are michaelmas term, not including freshers week. So week 1 begins 5th Oct.

Weeks 11-20 are lent term, excluding the first friday which is a rather random lancaster tradition. Week 11 starts the monday after the first friday of term (officially). You'll only have lectures from Week 11.

Weeks 21-30 are summer term. You may have lectures for up to the first 5 of these, but science subjects usually have early exams.

After first year you won't have any taught hours in summer term.

Hope that helps. :smile:

Whilst this is the case, those numbers in the timetable don't correlate at all to term weeks, since those week numbers start from the first week of the summer holidays. There should be another column in the timetable which states exactly what weeks, in term time, the course is running, the numbers within the brackets however do not show that.
Reply 22
Just got word from an adviser to ignore those numbers
>>thank you, thank you :smile:
Reply 23
I'm taking French and Linguistics but there are about three French lessons on the same topic each week i may be sounding silly but at my friends uni they only have to attend one of them a week is that the same here or do i attend them all?

Latest

Trending

Trending