The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
KaramelRose
I've managed to enrol but haven't been able to register for ITS yet - gutted! Will keep trying at various points throughout the evening, but if not, there's always tomorrow!

I see...I just clicked on the link on the certificate and all I had to do was type in a password and submit it.

Hope yours is sorted soon!:smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
sk88
I see...I just clicked on the link on the certificate and all I had to do was type in a password and submit it.

Hope yours is sorted soon!:smile:

Yeah - it's not recognising my Uni ID number so will have to wait I think until this "mass re-set" thing they're doing is complete. Hopefully then it'll work. Tomorrow night I'll probably give it another go. I suppose there's no immediate rush.
Glad you got yours sorted!!!
Reply 62
Do I get it right, international students can't enrol until they receive visa?
Reply 63
Steeply
Do I get it right, international students can't enrol until they receive visa?

You're right cuz we'll need the visa number, issue date and expiry date etc.
Can't go any further till u have that info.
Anyone managed to figure out how to pay for accomodation online?
Reply 65
All done now! I've got my uni e-mail address now and also signed up for the SU website.
Reply 66
I enrolled and it said I didn't have an email address yet...and I've just signed up for ITS successfully...and can't see an email address...

How on earth do I get my @warwick.ac.uk email?!?!!

Edit: I just tried typing 'email' into the search box on my.warwick and got an option up to find out my uni email...typed in my uni number, and it's just told me there's no email info stored for that number. Is anyone else getting this?
georgia
I enrolled and it said I didn't have an email address yet...and I've just signed up for ITS successfully...and can't see an email address...

How on earth do I get my @warwick.ac.uk email?!?!!

Edit: I just tried typing 'email' into the search box on my.warwick and got an option up to find out my uni email...typed in my uni number, and it's just told me there's no email info stored for that number. Is anyone else getting this?

yep me :biggrin:
Reply 68
and me
ARRRRRGH, I don't get it. I logged in and submitted a password, and then it there was this thing saying it would take 24 hours. Or something.
Reply 70
Phewww. So glad I'm not the only one.

Turns out you can use your ITS login to access the email thingy and it works, but it's just the long gibberish email rather than the named one. Will wait it out.
Reply 71
This is really confusing. All I've given is a password. No mention of my warwick email address or anything. Why is this so much hassle?
ITS done now!

02mik_e
This is really confusing. All I've given is a password. No mention of my warwick email address or anything. Why is this so much hassle?

To be honest, compared to my previous university's enrolment this is real organised. Sure there are some IT related problems, as can be unfortunately be expected with a system this complicated, but this method is so much better than enrolling in person. I had to queue for literally five or six hours last year to enrol, setup my IT account, get my ID card and register modules.
Hmm. I've logged into my.warwick account but there is no Certificate of Enrolment for me to print out. :frown:

---

On the other hand, I can now nosy at all my German and Italian stuff now! It all feels so much closer!
Reply 74
TMDaines
ITS done now!

To be honest, compared to my previous university's enrolment this is real organised. Sure there are some IT related problems, as can be unfortunately be expected with a system this complicated, but this method is so much better than enrolling in person. I had to queue for literally five or six hours last year to enrol, setup my IT account, get my ID card and register modules.

when did they ask you to create your email account? or when were you allowed to rather?
02mik_e
when did they ask you to create your email account? or when were you allowed to rather?

Haven't done anything to do with e-mail I don't think. Just registered for ITS which was a case of banging my uni number and date of birth in, before selecting a password.
Reply 76
I had the same problem with the account being disabled, I contacted Warwick and they reset my details and it worked!
Reply 77
TMDaines
Haven't done anything to do with e-mail I don't think. Just registered for ITS which was a case of banging my uni number and date of birth in, before selecting a password.

Oh I've registered for the ITS I just haven't been given an email of any kind.
Reply 78
02mik_e
Oh I've registered for the ITS I just haven't been given an email of any kind.

Ditto - anyone know what we should do?

Contact them or just hang fire?

Knew i'd balls it up. :eek3:
Reply 79
"All students have an official University email address, in the format [email protected] or [email protected], which is used by the University for Official Communications."

I've tried logging to the intranet and into the SquirrelMail system and it works. However, when i tried sending a test mail to my gmail account, it turns out that the email address i've been assigned to is the gibberish username of my ITS account. so now my email is like "[email protected]" ??? really dont get this.

Latest