The Student Room Group

Masters to PGDip

Hello, I am currently looking at studying a Master degree online over 36 months. I can receive a Tuition loan from Student Finance but if i were to switch from Master to PGDip and exit Uni with PGDip would Student Finance want me to pay back my Masters loan all at once? Or would it be taken like my undergraduate loan is per month? Please answer in the simplest of terms a 4 year old would understand!! This process is confusing.
Hi there,

Have you started the course? If you were to start a new course and then left that course the university would send us a Change of Circumstances Withdrawal. You would then go into repayments the next available April and you would only make payments back to the loan once you are making over the payment threshold.

Thanks, Drew
Reply 2
Original post by Drew SLC
Hi there,
Have you started the course? If you were to start a new course and then left that course the university would send us a Change of Circumstances Withdrawal. You would then go into repayments the next available April and you would only make payments back to the loan once you are making over the payment threshold.
Thanks, Drew

I have not started the course yet. But if i were to enroll in the Masters but not be able to finish it, (health concerns,) would the repayments be the same if i walked away with a PGDip?
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi Meg,

Yes the repayments would be the same as long as you did not receive an overpayment but the only way you would have an overpayment is if you receive money you were not entitled to.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending