The Student Room Group

is law good

Is law god to learn and is it boring/hard to do
Hi :smile:

Great question! I'm currently enrolled as a law student (also called an LLB which is an undergraduate degree in law) at the University of Essex Online. I personally really love the degree, it is a bit difficult, but in the sense that it's challenging, not in an unpleasant way. I do not find it boring as it has a lot of practical applications. Based on my personal experiences and from research, law is a versatile degree that can open many doorways to various opportunities.

All the best,

Eli
Original post by harisafzal
Is law god to learn and is it boring/hard to do

Hi @harisafzal!

I have really enjoyed studying law having come to it after doing an undergrad in English Literature. I think, like any other subject, it is difficult at times and can also be a bit boring as there is lots of legal material to read. However, having said this, in general it is full of interesting topics, cases and practical skills which are both fun to learn and also really good for personal development. If you are unsure if this subject is for you, I would recommend heading to a university open day or workshop to get a feel for the academic subject. You could also reach out to legal firms to see if you can get some work experience as this really is the best eye-opener for the profession!

I hope this helps!

Sophie :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending