The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Course help?

Wondering if i would have a chance at these 2 courses at UCL, even with poor GCSE grades(somewhat of a waster back then):

Economics and Business with East European Studies

Information Management for Business

Grades: As Level:AABC
A level-Predicted A-Business Studies(close to 100%), A(IT) And B in Maths.

Extra Curric.- A lot, prefect, several sports, school magazine, mentor, chess, debating, business comp.'s, IT comp.'s(for websites), and a bit more.

Thanks.
Anyone out there??
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
well normally they want at least B's for engligh and maths at gcse (no matter what subject you choose) and as long as you make their minimum grade requirements you have a chance of getting in.
Also to stand out, make sure your personal statement is top notch
Freyr
well normally they want at least B's for engligh and maths at gcse (no matter what subject you choose) and as long as you make their minimum grade requirements you have a chance of getting in.
Also to stand out, make sure your personal statement is top notch

A in Maths, A in Eng Lit and B in Eng Lang(At GCSE)

Hopefully i will get as far as a interview.

Anyone on the board taking this course?
Opinions of it?

Your pro's/cons?
Reply 4
As long as your predictions meet/exceed the grade requirements (which they do for both courses) and your personal statement is good, you have as much of a chance as anyone really.
Are you really interested in the East European Studies bit? Because from what I can gather they're really picky about that.
littleshambles
Are you really interested in the East European Studies bit? Because from what I can gather they're really picky about that.

I am not completly obsessed with it and to be brutally honest i am doing it do get an Economics/Business degree from UCL.

However, saying that it does not mean i will not put 100% into it.
I have been to the EU Parliament twice, from winning competitions so hopefully that while shine through on my PS and when/if i get an interview i can research everything i need about certain aspects/areas.

Though on UCL's site they do mention to show your interest in Russia especially, however going into detail about that, i could put my other offers at risk so hopefully my EU parliament experience will do me justice
Student_in_need
I am not completly obsessed with it and to be brutally honest i am doing it do get an Economics/Business degree from UCL.

However, saying that it does not mean i will not put 100% into it.
I have been to the EU Parliament twice, from winning competitions so hopefully that while shine through on my PS and when/if i get an interview i can research everything i need about certain aspects/areas.

Though on UCL's site they do mention to show your interest in Russia especially, however going into detail about that, i could put my other offers at risk so hopefully my EU parliament experience will do me justice

:angry:

Russia is clearly not part of the EU though :curious: That doesn't really communicate an interest in Eastern Europe specifically. A couple of lines on that at least shouldn't harm your other potential offers, but then I'm no endorser of doing a degree you're not interested in as a back door to a "UCL Econ" degree... :colonhash:
littleshambles
:angry:

Russia is clearly not part of the EU though :curious: That doesn't really communicate an interest in Eastern Europe specifically. A couple of lines on that at least shouldn't harm your other potential offers, but then I'm no endorser of doing a degree you're not interested in as a back door to a "UCL Econ" degree... :colonhash:

Russia is considered to be part of Europe and Asia.
I would do single Economics, but i will not be getting an A* in Maths, best i could manage would be an A. Plus this course has business mixed in and a chance to learn a foreign langauage. Everything i am interested in, so hopefully all will work well.

Anyway, any TSR users do this course?

Latest

Trending

Trending