The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Soton electrical engineering wat are my chances

basically i have heard that southampton are a really good engineering university are good and it seems to say the same in the tables i have looked at - obviously i wont base my decision solely on that but atm thats where i would like to go. The only problem is i did a btec national award in my first year of college and i gave it minimal effort because i had to start full time work due to family issues. I have now been accpeted back onto the 2nd year of national diploma which means i have to self study some units and do catch up lessons which i dont mind because i think im capable of gettin the d,d,m entry requirements but my only problem is that my predicted grades wont reflect what i am actually capable of and what i will actually achieve. So my question is will theyjust refuse me outright and if they do when i get my grades is there any way i can re apply or appeal ?

any input much appreciated thanks and sorry for wall of text
Reply 1
i would say apply anyway and hope for the best, and really focus on your personal statement. If you do get DDM in the summer, then you can re apply and even if you are successful on securing a place, you will start in the next academic year.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Latest

Trending

Trending