The Student Room Group

Masters in Engineering with an unrelated STEM degree + Eng Foundation Degree?

Hi all, hopefully someone can help me with this.

I have attained a 2:1 in Biomedical Science Bsc (Hons) and would like to pursue a masters in biomedical engineering, medical engineering, electronic engineering, robotic engineering, or similar.

With my current degree I highly doubt I'll be accepted onto these as I lack the engineering knowledge. Therefore would a foundation degree in electric/electronics engineering (or similar) be enough in addition to my current undergraduate degree to then be accepted onto one of them?

If anyone can offer insight, or suggest alternative pathways that'd be great, thanks!
Original post by runt0
Hi all, hopefully someone can help me with this.

I have attained a 2:1 in Biomedical Science Bsc (Hons) and would like to pursue a masters in biomedical engineering, medical engineering, electronic engineering, robotic engineering, or similar.

With my current degree I highly doubt I'll be accepted onto these as I lack the engineering knowledge. Therefore would a foundation degree in electric/electronics engineering (or similar) be enough in addition to my current undergraduate degree to then be accepted onto one of them?

If anyone can offer insight, or suggest alternative pathways that'd be great, thanks!

You will have to ask specific universities directly. I suspect your only chance will be biomedical engineering where your UG has relevance, but there might be something at the likes of UWE, ARU, Brunel?
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
You will have to ask specific universities directly. I suspect your only chance will be biomedical engineering where your UG has relevance, but there might be something at the likes of UWE, ARU, Brunel?

Yeah, makes sense to contact them directly. I guess it'll be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

Thanks for the advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending