The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Despite their beauty when you know what you're playing, the problem I find with pianos is they are a little bit difficult to lug to a nice, grassy spot in Hyde Park to serenade the girl of your affections with.

Well if you really like her I'm sure you'll find a way :wink:
If you desperately want a girl to open her legs, you should go out with a 'cellist.

My serious contribution, now:

Whilst I would definitely count it in a lady's favour were she to play an instrument (especially the piano), this would only suggest to me a common interest. Many people play instruments without having any interest in music.

Unless you're the kind to swoon at sub-Lisztian posturing, I hardly think musical talent leads to sexual success. I once wrote incidental music (piano / 'cello pieces) for a play - it was directed by a girl with whom I was deeply infatuated. Seeing her overjoyed with my work, dancing around the room to a waltz I'd composed, was almost too much for my then-Romantic self. I wrote her a violin sonata for her birthday, too. And of course she didn't go out with me.

Probably for the best, really, as she was seriously Christian and said she thought Beethoven was pompous. Would never have worked.
Reply 62
I'd say lead guitar actually. Let me put it this way: I find Liam Gallagher attractive... and he's a great big ugly jerk!! I think Noel is going a bit far though.

Oh yeah - and the lead singer of Franz Ferdinand... yes I know he's gay!! I think I have a guitar fetish.

I think it's basically if a guy plays guitar, he's likely to be a slightly dangerous and a bit of a 'bad boy,' and get wasted and throw TVs out of hotel windows and stuff (...I'm going very off topic here.)

And if your the type of girl who likes a bad boy (guilty) you know, the type who goes for Jack Sparrow instead of Will Turner, then guitars are the way to go! Rock n' roll dude! :biggrin:
Kit_Kat
Well if you really like her I'm sure you'll find a way :wink:

Oh I have and shall tell you all about it someday.
Reply 64
personally i am turned on by a girl that blows on instruments, like clarinets etc.. except that a girl playing a clarinet looks rather nerdy, so a flute or something is sexy, or if she can seduce you with her blowing on a sax, love a girl with good oral skills!
Da Bachtopus
Probably for the best, really, as she was seriously Christian and said she thought Beethoven was pompous. Would never have worked.

she sounds awful - you should have played her the adagio from op127

MB
Reply 66
I reckon I could get laid if I could play Liszt's 12 etudes. I guess I'd have to learn piano first though :redface:
I play a rendition of The Drugs dont work and when you say nothing at all....and the girlies love it. Im hardly the most attractive person so my guitarting(:P) and bassing help...

Is a banjo sexy though? i mean i dont see many people lusting after your typical redneck........
Reply 68
I play the flute and that seems to be a great turn on for guys. Something to do with band camp I think...
Reply 69
wow, read what i wrote just a few posts above you :wink:
Reply 70
ramroff
wow, read what i wrote just a few posts above you :wink:

*laughs again*

ramroff is my new favourite person! great minds totally think alike!
musicboy
she sounds awful - you should have played her the adagio from op127

In circumstances such as these, one must appreciate that she was f*cking fit.

I tried to convert her in many ways, lending her CDs and - as I remember - some Nietzsche. It didn't work.
James T
A question for the ladies if someone plays eg the guitar would it make them more attractable? And what instrument do you think is the sexiest? :p:

It makes someone incredibly attractive :smile:

I consider the keytar to be the sexiest of them all :smile:

I mean...how could this-

http://www.keytarmusic.com/images/KeyWallAngle.JPG

not be sexy??? :p:
feelthesunshine
Despite their beauty when you know what you're playing, the problem I find with pianos is they are a little bit difficult to lug to a nice, grassy spot in Hyde Park to serenade the girl of your affections with.

Keytar :smile:
Reply 74
jessicarabbit
Keytar :smile:

old school.... cool :biggrin:... i do prefer the guitar(if i could play it) but drums n sax r cool
Yep. Guitarists and drummers. mmmmmmmmmm:p:
jessicarabbit
I mean...how could this-

http://www.keytarmusic.com/images/KeyWallAngle.JPG

not be sexy??? :p:

I think it's even sexier now:
Reply 77
Lozza
I play the flute and that seems to be a great turn on for guys. Something to do with band camp I think...

Haha!

*wanders off to find her saxophone*
Reply 78
Oh yeah, and drums are ok.

But honestly, if you look at all the great bands, the lead guitarist is generally the best looking guy in the band. Ie. Blink 182 - Tom Delonge, Greenday (Billie Armstrong), Coldplay (Chris Martin...don't ask,) Rolling Stones (Mick Jagger - my mother thinks,) and can't be bothered to think of any more examples but it's true of most bands.
Reply 79
Pop/rock musicians don't do much for me unless they have other stuff going for them too - guitars and drums are just not that exciting to me. However, classical musicians - singers, pianists, violinists in particular...mmmmm :biggrin:

As for women, female cellists are clearly the sexiest :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending