The Student Room Group

Instruments for NAT 5 music

Hi, I’m thinking of maybe crashing Nat 5 music in S6. I know that you have to perform on 2 chosen instruments, but would I be allowed to do piano and keyboard? Or would that be too similar?
Original post by 08_
Hi, I’m thinking of maybe crashing Nat 5 music in S6. I know that you have to perform on 2 chosen instruments, but would I be allowed to do piano and keyboard? Or would that be too similar?

you'd probably have to do something else, maybe glockenspiel?
Original post by 08_

On the course spec there is a massive table showing compatible and incompatible instruments, id imagine piano and keyboard are too similar. In my school we have a rule that if you don't do piano lessons you cant do piano as an instrument since its difficult, keyboard is easier since the chords can be played with one finger so id suggest do that. As for your second you could do an instrument similar layout similar to a keyboard like xylophone of glockenspiel and the pieces generally aren't too difficult. As an Adv higher music student im glad you are interested in the subject and i hope you enjoy it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending