The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Hello, I'm a fellow applicant. I'm also applying for the Cambridge LLM and a few others. What stage are you at?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
For the BCL is a first class UG degree a requisite? Any chance with a good 2.1?
There's no harm in applying but I think virtually all of the successful applicants have very strong 1sts.

Law.Grad.Girl - nice to hear that another TSR member is applying for the BCL. I'm not applying for the Cam LLM - I'm interested in commercial/corporate law and Cam doesn't seem to do this as well as Oxford or London unis. Have you already done your undergrad degree? Why d'ya want to do the BCL?
I'm a current undergrad at Oxford and got a first in most of my collections (beginning of term exams) but only a high 2.1 in my first year. I also deferred my exams last year. What's the general opinion? good/not so good chance of getting offered a place on the BCL??? :s-smilie:
Reply 5
fingerscrossed
I'm a current undergrad at Oxford and got a first in most of my collections (beginning of term exams) but only a high 2.1 in my first year. I also deferred my exams last year. What's the general opinion? good/not so good chance of getting offered a place on the BCL??? :s-smilie:

Basically your question is: sort of have a 2.1 right now, will I be offered a place on the BCL? Answer: despite being exceedingly vague, no one on here will know. Better than asking random strangers, ask your tutor, as he/she will give you a better answer. However, from what I understand, the BCL is a really competitive course. They'll have plenty of (good) firsts to choose from. But, academics aside, insider politics may give you a shot.
well when you say I sort of have a 2.1, yes that was my first year result. But in the two years since then I have averaged an easy first... So hopefully I won't need insider politics. But I was kind of hoping those with some experience in the matter might be able to make a helpful contribution
Law grad girl, how are your apps going?

Latest

Trending

Trending