The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Zuber
I didnt mean fairtrade everything. I mean, regions aren't EVERYTHING. just select regions that have been identified as suffered from unfair trade (i.e. the worse affected by the abusing producers)

Okay then two cases, either a region supplies the world with that good, in which case competition will undermine 'fair' trade operation, or a region is part of the supply in which case you're just going to cast the other competitive, developing regions back where they started.

Abusing producers? The producers haven't forced any farmers to do anything against their will. Del Monte don't go around with guns to people's heads demanding they supply at below 'fair' prices. They're just trying to compete with other 'abusing producers'
I think he's way over the top. He doesn't inspire me to participate in his causes, he makes me want to run a mile. Shooting people down continually for not being as active as he is isn't a good way to get support, in my opinion.

He expects everyone to drop everything, and for his wishes to be carried out, and blows a fuse if they're not. He doesn't run the country; if he wants to do that, he should have went into politics, not music.

And I doubt he lives in some one bedroomed shack, living off grass and water from a well either; I'm sure he's put his money to good use and bought himself all he wants.

So until he decides to give up his millions and become like the rest of us, I can't see how he has any right to preach that we're all greedy and that we should think of the poor.

Yes, organizing the concerts is good and I support it all, but that one good idea he's had doesn't excuse his attitude and behaviour.

Plus, he needs a haircut :biggrin:
Reply 62
It's good the things he's doing Live8 etc., but as a person I just find him repellent. If I were to go to the pub or somewhere with him I'd end up punching him or something.
Reply 63
homoterror
that's because the majority of people haven't thought about it. you're basically basing it on the fact that it's called fair trade.

I'm going to start stealing mobile phones, and call it the fair justice campaign.

lol btw homoterror i was comparing fair trade to the overall trade system in the world, not to free trade. and i think its undeniable that fair trade is the fairer of the two
like **** would you guys give everything up? he did work fr that money.. and he does give up his time, effort and money organisiing these things and working in Africa liek people have said. so shut the **** up he's doing more than you are.
Reply 65
kalibantre
like **** would you guys give everything up? he did work fr that money.. and he does give up his time, effort and money organisiing these things and working in Africa liek people have said. so shut the **** up he's doing more than you are.

he didnt really work for that money, he technically stole some of the money off his band members lol :rolleyes: , so he owes them big time hence why they're taking him to court to get their money back :p:
Bob Geldof - one word = a '****ing legend' - i know that's two words, but the '****ing' was needed. 'Tell me why I don't like Mondayss.....I'm gonna shoo (ooooo ooo) oot the whole day down!'
Reply 67
I agree with the very first poster. He's primarily interested in his own image and thinks he knows things that he actually knows nothing about. While it's good to pressure politicians I don't think aggressive attacks and urging people to leave work/school is a good idea at all.
kalibantre

Get a grip, you dumb ****. It's all about him wanting to look good. If he REALLY cared about Africa he'd know that he's actually pissing off a large number of African people with this stupid stunt.
Reply 69
he's a power hungry prick. we all know to donate money to the poor, but he doesnt need to get boats to bring thousans of french people to london. He just loves the attention. We KNOW there is suffering and we all do something to help the poor.
Reply 70
Inverurie Jones
Get a grip, you dumb ****. It's all about him wanting to look good. If he REALLY cared about Africa he'd know that he's actually pissing off a large number of African people with this stupid stunt.

exactly, hes a millionaire, why doesnt he give all his money to africa and why does he need to do live 8, its not really free at all, there most likely getting a profit of all the millions of people texting in the £2.

Latest

Trending

Trending