The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
SG Admin :angry: Wish I'd took Bus Man.
Reply 101
Higher history and modern studies. i dont find them that difficult, it's just the workload tbh. Usually I have lots of essays on the one day which really confuses me and hurts my hand. Oh and higher english is a nightmare!
AH Biology - planned on taking Int1 Practical Cookery for a skive at first, but since i liked H Bio, thought it might be quite good. Plus I wanted to go to uni to do Bio - not anymore :s-smilie: Too much to learn, Unit 2 sucks, this project has been a shambles :frown: Ah well, I dont need to pass :biggrin:
I really regret taking SG Geogrpahy. Everytime I'm in class I'm wondering why the hell did I take this subject? For my liking it's way too much to remember, all the formation diagrams climate zones, depressions. The prelim was incredibly hard and I was the only one who passed Credit in my year group. Everyone I talk to, they say they hate geography. I should have taken History or Modern and that's why I'm doind higher Modern next year!

Also French. It's a pretty useless language in my opinion. I would love to do Italian though, but my school only runs German and French. I've been forced to do French since I was eight years old... Imagine that in my school, only one person picked higher french so it's not even going to run...
Reply 104
SG Physical Education :frown:
Standard grade graphic communication - So boring.. Could of taken something like chemistry or history instead! Graph comm is insanely boring :P
JoshCurran
Standard grade graphic communication - So boring.. Could of taken something like chemistry or history instead! Graph comm is insanely boring :P

I was always hopeless at GC/techy :o:
Reply 107
I would now like to add Higher History to this list :yep:
bex285
I would now like to add Higher History to this list :yep:

:mad: .
Reply 109
moonshine_1991
:mad: .

:biggrin:
Martyna156
I really regret taking SG Geogrpahy. Everytime I'm in class I'm wondering why the hell did I take this subject? For my liking it's way too much to remember, all the formation diagrams climate zones, depressions. The prelim was incredibly hard and I was the only one who passed Credit in my year group. Everyone I talk to, they say they hate geography. I should have taken History or Modern and that's why I'm doind higher Modern next year!

Also French. It's a pretty useless language in my opinion. I would love to do Italian though, but my school only runs German and French. I've been forced to do French since I was eight years old... Imagine that in my school, only one person picked higher french so it's not even going to run...

Our school only offers French! (Despite having qualified German and Spanish teachers working in other departments) And french is compulsory up to S4, so we received no choice!
Standard Grade Music. It was largely due to the fact that us singers were shunned and weren't allowed to practice singing until about 2 weeks before the practical exam because "the piano people need a room each" so they took all of the music rooms and the classroom so we couldn't practice so we basically just did our second instrument (guitar for me which I was hopeless at!) every single week for almost 2 years! Somehow managed to get straight 1s in it! :biggrin: I am now extremely happy that I am no longer suffering in that classroom!
Higher RMPS last year. I needed to fill a column. It has the potential to be such a good course, but my school just taught it to get morons through the exam. No debate or discussion, or anything that you might expect. Just exam technique and the SQA syllabus. Waste of 6 hours a week.
Reply 113
Higher computing, I don't mind the programming part, in fact i rather enjoy it but you have to remember so much and part 2 of the coursework is just so boring.
SG Physics was the greatest mistake of my life, I've been saying that since I started it. My teacher was anything but inspiring. I'm already regretting choosing Higher Maths and I haven't even started it yet! But I need three sciences to be a Pharmacist and it's better than Physics.

Latest

Trending

Trending