Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    |If any. Got any faves from the AQA Anthology?

I really liked Carol Ann Duffy, a very good poet. I also like a few of the first poems in Cluster 2. Like Half-caste, unrelated incidents, Search for my tongue.

ReputationRep:
    I like "Love after Love" by Derek Walcott.

ReputationRep:
    I dont care because I NEVER HAVE TO READ THEM AGAIN!!!

ReputationRep:
    Though I rather liked Havisham

ReputationRep:
    Do you still do 'hearts and partners'?

I loved To His Coy Mistress by Marvell, and Armitage as well.

ReputationRep:
    "Catrin", "Cold Knap Lake", and "Limbo" are my favourites from the Anthology

ReputationRep:
    The pre 1900 poems were good. I like sonnet 130, the laboratory, my lust dutchess and the carol anne duffy poem havisham, all these quite melancholy and bitter poems, but work really well. Sonnet 130 is just about love

ReputationRep:
    Inversnaid because I agree and it doesn't show an unhealthy obsession with psychopaths.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, forgot about the Pre 1900 ones...I love "Sonnet" by John Clare [I think that's the name] and "Tichbourne's Elegy" by Tichbourne.

ReputationRep:
    All the poems are atrocias except blessing and patrolling branegeat Anyway who cares?!?! NEVER AGAIN! YAY!

ReputationRep:
    Just because there are poems in there i like, doesnt mean i wont enjoy watching it burn *pulls evil grin*

ReputationRep:
    hmm.. i like half caste.

ReputationRep:
    i stopped thinking about those last friday!

ReputationRep:
    Don't have any specefic favourite coz generally love looking at poetry. But will say I hated Education for leisure but loved: before u were mine, Nothing changes, night of the scorpion and Vultures

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    I dont care because I NEVER HAVE TO READ THEM AGAIN!!!
    I share the feeling!! That anthology was just the epitomy of boredom in all our English lessons..so glad I didn't choose to do either English next year.

I do have one favourite though - "Nothing's Changed" in the 1st cluster.

ReputationRep:
    I did it last year and did Cluster 1 and some of Cluster 2. My favourites were Limbo (has anyone seen that video with the guy reading it - fairly amusing for about 10 seconds), Search for My Tongue, Havisham, Nothing's Changed and that one about the guy whose son died (can't remember the name). The only ones I didn't like were Island Man, Two Scavengers in a blah blah blah and Education for Leisure

ReputationRep:
    I hated Cluster 1. I thoughht they were all terrible. I died when 'Hurricane Hits England' came up, because i really didnt know what to put.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shyopstv)
    I did it last year and did Cluster 1 and some of Cluster 2. My favourites were Limbo (has anyone seen that video with the guy reading it - fairly amusing for about 10 seconds), Search for My Tongue, Havisham, Nothing's Changed and that one about the guy whose son died (can't remember the name). The only ones I didn't like were Island Man, Two Scavengers in a blah blah blah and Education for Leisure
    Aw, Island man rocked!

ReputationRep:
    i like 'Before you were mine' by carol ann duffy and 'mother any distance' my simon armatige

ReputationRep:
    I hated Simon Armitage.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 17, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.