The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I like "Love after Love" by Derek Walcott.
Reply 2
I dont care because I NEVER HAVE TO READ THEM AGAIN!!!
Reply 3
Though I rather liked Havisham :biggrin:
Do you still do 'hearts and partners'?

I loved To His Coy Mistress by Marvell, and Armitage as well.
Reply 5
"Catrin", "Cold Knap Lake", and "Limbo" are my favourites from the Anthology
Reply 6
The pre 1900 poems were good. I like sonnet 130, the laboratory, my lust dutchess and the carol anne duffy poem havisham, all these quite melancholy and bitter poems, but work really well. Sonnet 130 is just about love
Reply 7
Inversnaid because I agree and it doesn't show an unhealthy obsession with psychopaths.
Reply 8
Oh yeah, forgot about the Pre 1900 ones...I love "Sonnet" by John Clare [I think that's the name] and "Tichbourne's Elegy" by Tichbourne.
Reply 9
All the poems are atrocias except blessing and patrolling branegeat Anyway who cares?!?! NEVER AGAIN! YAY!
Reply 10
Just because there are poems in there i like, doesnt mean i wont enjoy watching it burn *pulls evil grin*
Reply 11
hmm.. i like half caste.
Reply 12
i stopped thinking about those last friday!
Don't have any specefic favourite coz generally love looking at poetry. But will say I hated Education for leisure but loved: before u were mine, Nothing changes, night of the scorpion and Vultures
staylor
I dont care because I NEVER HAVE TO READ THEM AGAIN!!!

I share the feeling!! That anthology was just the epitomy of boredom in all our English lessons..so glad I didn't choose to do either English next year.

I do have one favourite though - "Nothing's Changed" in the 1st cluster.
Reply 15
I did it last year and did Cluster 1 and some of Cluster 2. My favourites were Limbo (has anyone seen that video with the guy reading it - fairly amusing for about 10 seconds), Search for My Tongue, Havisham, Nothing's Changed and that one about the guy whose son died (can't remember the name). The only ones I didn't like were Island Man, Two Scavengers in a blah blah blah and Education for Leisure
Reply 16
I hated Cluster 1. I thoughht they were all terrible. I died when 'Hurricane Hits England' came up, because i really didnt know what to put.
shyopstv
I did it last year and did Cluster 1 and some of Cluster 2. My favourites were Limbo (has anyone seen that video with the guy reading it - fairly amusing for about 10 seconds), Search for My Tongue, Havisham, Nothing's Changed and that one about the guy whose son died (can't remember the name). The only ones I didn't like were Island Man, Two Scavengers in a blah blah blah and Education for Leisure

Aw, Island man rocked!
i like 'Before you were mine' by carol ann duffy and 'mother any distance' my simon armatige
Reply 19
I hated Simon Armitage.

Latest

Trending

Trending