The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Scroll to see replies

saffron.coco
me too!!
im so nervous. have you done accomodation?

Yeah, I chose Brighthelm as my first.
:smile:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 281
Eeeeeeeeek - Hope to see you all later this year! =)
I've chosen Swanborough as my first =P

Anyone applying to study Law (LLB)? PM Me! =D
__Jay__
Eeeeeeeeek - Hope to see you all later this year! =)
I've chosen Swanborough as my first =P

Anyone applying to study Law (LLB)? PM Me! =D

yep im doin law and swanbourough as my first!
Undergraduate
A-Levels - Economics, Maths, English
Offer - ABB
Sussex is up from rank 35 to 22 in times uni guide :biggrin:! (Rankings arnt that important but I think its great the unis coming up in the world :smile:)
Reply 285
Anyone applying for Economics?
PM me!
Reply 286
I've been given an unconditional offer for Computer Science (on the condition I can prove my results - good thing I kept my certificates :wink: ). Just waiting for them to update UCAS so I can accept it!

I already live & work in Brighton so I won't be moving to halls.
EleanorD
I've been given an unconditional offer for Computer Science (on the condition I can prove my results - good thing I kept my certificates :wink: ). Just waiting for them to update UCAS so I can accept it!

I already live & work in Brighton so I won't be moving to halls.

ill be doing CS aswell, as long as i get my results :rolleyes: but wait, your a woman, doing CS?:woo:
Reply 288
Leelo
East Slope is my first choice to? :smile: Hope it's not as skanky as everyone claims haha!
What course have you applied for?

Ummm... it kind of is pretty skank, I'm going to be living there over the summer and paying rent to live in what is actually a shed is pretty heart breaking. BUT if you're a true east slopian at heart I've heard they have some rocking parties! :yep:
Reply 289
caffee
Ummm... it kind of is pretty skank, I'm going to be living there over the summer and paying rent to live in what is actually a shed is pretty heart breaking. BUT if you're a true east slopian at heart I've heard they have some rocking parties! :yep:

Well the main reason I put it as my first choice was for the apparently really good social life, so as long as it's as good as claimed, I should be alright :smile: (I hope lol)
Reply 290
Insurance choice.....although it's looking likely that I probably wont get the grades for my Firm (stupid coursework moderators)

I did my accommodation stuff literally as soon as I got it way back in April I think lol so hopefully i'll be in one of the first 4 I selected.
Reply 291
Shiftehboi
ill be doing CS aswell, as long as i get my results :rolleyes: but wait, your a woman, doing CS?:woo:

I hear I'll be quite the novelty! Not to mention being one of those curious "mature" students. :wink:
Where are you coming from? What grades are you required?
EleanorD
I hear I'll be quite the novelty! Not to mention being one of those curious "mature" students. :wink:

My girlfriend will be doing Music Informatics , so she will share a few lectures with you :smile:

Look out for a shy 18 year old
*turns around to see if she saw*

Ouch she just slapped me :P
So now I have more reason to post this >:smile:

I will be studying Physics myself, coincidental that we are both going to Sussex. We met after firming Sussex, which is pretty awesome ^_^

I can't wait for it!
EleanorD

i am coming from Crawley, just finishing the BTEC national diploma for it practitioners and i am predicted DDD for it (AAA in alevel terms) and require DDM ( i think its AAB-ABB?) what about you? ;o
Reply 294
Shiftehboi
i am coming from Crawley, just finishing the BTEC national diploma for it practitioners and i am predicted DDD for it (AAA in alevel terms) and require DDM ( i think its AAB-ABB?) what about you? ;o

I grew up near Birmingham but I've been in Brighton for about 4 years now working in accounts (*yawns*). I was accepted with my DDM for Fine Art BTEC and C in Maths AS (which I did a long time ago!) I reckon I'll have a bit of catching up to do as I expect a lot of people will already be able to code a lot. Very excited though!
EleanorD
I grew up near Birmingham but I've been in Brighton for about 4 years now working in accounts (*yawns*). I was accepted with my DDM for Fine Art BTEC and C in Maths AS (which I did a long time ago!) I reckon I'll have a bit of catching up to do as I expect a lot of people will already be able to code a lot. Very excited though!

ahh i wouldnt worry about the coding, there are people in my class going on to CompSci degrees that cant code at all (despite being taught it ;o)
Umm :frown: does any1 know if sussex is forgiving for people who just miss their offers? Im quite sure im just gonna miss BBB for biomed and get BBC by a few ums...basically does any1 know if begging would work....
Reply 297
beansonfish
Umm :frown: does any1 know if sussex is forgiving for people who just miss their offers? Im quite sure im just gonna miss BBB for biomed and get BBC by a few ums...basically does any1 know if begging would work....

You're in with a chance because it's a science, and they are much less popular. Definately worth a shot.
Reply 298
Yep, unis generally accept you even if youre one grade lower than you should, especialy sussex, they're nice like that :smile:
Usually you don't even have to call, they just accept you anyway. If not, then im sure you can get the person who helped with your application to make a call and get them to let you in
Reply 299
beansonfish

I might miss my offer too lets hope it all works out, I have fingers crossed for you myself and many other going through the same pain :frown:. Any one doing Molecular Genetics Holla :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending