The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

*Pinteresque moment follows*
Ape Gone Insane
Write a book on Female Psychology. :yy:

I'd buy 2 copies.

:p: The key is just trying to be objective and being open to trying to understand the perspective of the other person, wether or not you agree it's a rational one.
Meteorshower
Gonna adress this mainly to pedro even though i've qouted Ape :p:

In all likelyhood though, she might have any idea of what she's supposed to do. She might feel really bad about it all, but have absolutely no idea of how to act. She might not realise how her actions appear to you. It's reaally difficult to try and mentally analyse how you are perceiving things at the moment with this filter of ill feeling.

Pedro, your story sounds very familiar to what I went through with my ex for a while, and i grew gradually bitter and started saying things born out of that bitterness that didn't help anything whatsoever. Treating her coldly wouldn't be a good idea in my opinion. With these things communication is key. If you get the chance try and really picture yourself in her shoes if she gives you an insight into how she's feeling.

If that doesn't work, you're only torturing yourself through your perception, reading into things, seeing promise where there might be none and seeing reason to despair where there's none aswell... The result of that will just drain you emotionally. If you can't communicate with her and try and resolve this situation you need to take some kind of alternative action.

Write a book on female psychology, I'll become your agent. Get you deals with Faber and Faber and Barnes & Noble for the U.S edition. You'll sell billions of copies worldwide, overtaking the bible, becoming the richest man on the planet and you'll also attain a godlike, legendary status among men.

Though, on the down side, females will lose their mysterious quality that just keeps us (young) men chasing after them.
Madjackismad
Write a book on female psychology, I'll become your agent. Get you deals with Faber and Faber and Barnes & Noble for the U.S edition. You'll sell billions of copies worldwide, overtaking the bible, becoming the richest man on the planet and you'll also attain a godlike, legendary status among men.

Though, on the down side, females will lose their mysterious quality that just keeps us (young) men chasing after them.

I know you're not being serious, but it's really nothing special. Since I broke up with my ex it's been a lot easier to look back on the whole thing through her perspective, and while I don't necessarily understand why she felt like she did at certain points, or how she acted, It has been a lot easier to see why everything was difficult for her too, and the pressures and stresses she faced.

Basically, moral is objectivity is good although not easy at all initially.
Ape Gone Insane
I know nothing about violins.

Can you recommend one to buy?

Katie's had her for a while (2 years?) so time for a new one and I can think of nothing else to buy for Christmas.

Spoiler

:smile: They cost a lot (>£1000 if she has been playing for a while)
Ape Gone Insane
Your application has not yet been checked by your referee/coordinator.
17-12-2009 (18:03) Your reference is in progress.

Might be sent away soon, then! Might well have been drafted in Word already.
Ape Gone Insane
:no: (if by "soon" you mean today) :frown:

Well, no. I meant 'soon' like a couple days.

Knowing teachers, she will make sure tomorrow whether I'm ready to send it off or not.

They're not doing this to spite you! :o: I hope it all goes well for you, and promptly. :smile:
Reply 7567
Your application has not yet been checked by your referee/coordinator.
14-12-2009 (23:55) Your reference has been completed and is waiting for approval.

Hurry up! :frown:
Reply 7568
Ape Gone Insane
Is that the next step? :eek:

Do you have to approve it?

I have no idea! I finished it all off on Monday at about 9pm I think, then my reference must have done something later, but now idk what to do. I'll need to go and see her tomorrow at some point.
Edit: No, it's not me that approves it, but I'm not sure who it is.
Reply 7569
Ape Gone Insane
I know nothing about violins.

Can you recommend one to buy?

Katie's had her for a while (2 years?) so time for a new one and I can think of nothing else to buy for Christmas.

Spoiler

I dunno mine is purple, sparkly and I can plug it into an amp so i'm probably not the person to ask haha
Reply 7570
Ape Gone Insane
Have you paid?

Must you pay before/after it gets sent?

Yeah, I've paid. I think you do, yeah, but some schools will send it off then get the money off you afterwards. Mine stopped doing that due to so many people buggering off without paying last year.
bex285
Edit: No, it's not me that approves it, but I'm not sure who it is.

Your UCAS coordinator, who's probably the same person as your SQA coordinator.
just back from the hospital ... worst day ever :frown:
Bruno or Public Enemies?
Reply 7574
stefany-a
just back from the hospital ... worst day ever :frown:

How come? :console:
Reply 7575
TheUnbeliever
Your UCAS coordinator, who's probably the same person as your SQA coordinator.

Still don't know who that is :facepalm:
Reply 7576
Damn History essay :sigh:
bex285
How come? :console:

my younger sister got burned in the shower today :frown: :frown: she is only 8 years old
Reply 7578
stefany-a
my younger sister got burned in the shower today :frown: :frown: she is only 8 years old

Is she okay?
bex285
Is she okay?

yeah she will be in hospital for 8 days :o:

Latest