The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1660
Rain.
Reply 1661
xo-Heva
Hallo.
I see yous didn't enjoy an extra hour in yer pit.

:awesome: I did.

:awesome:
I still haven't received my ******* maintenance loan. Angry phonecall time (once I've cleared my feet of work).
I've lost a 20 quid note.
Ugh. Not happy... :mad:
ukdragon37

:biggrin: How did/would you start C12 in the maths examples sheet? I can solve it using a quite hideous method, but it's not really a vector approach.
TheUnbeliever
:biggrin: How did/would you start C12 in the maths examples sheet? I can solve it using a quite hideous method, but it's not really a vector approach.

What I did was separate out r by:

r=1λ(car)\bold{r}=\frac{1}{\lambda}\left(\bold{c}-\bold{a}\wedge\bold{r}\right)

Then substitute r on the right by the whole equation. Expand and then you'll need to do the substitution again. After some slightly tricky manipulation you should be able to get rid of r on the right hand side which means you'd have it on the left in closed form. If this was a normal equation you'd just go in circles but since it's a vector equation it works out.

The way which we were shown in the supervision (which is shorter than my method) is to wedge and dot the oiginal equation by a to create two new equations and then combine.
ukdragon37
What I did was separate out r by:

r=1λ(car)\bold{r}=\frac{1}{\lambda}\left(\bold{c}-\bold{a}\wedge\bold{r}\right)

I see, thanks very much. :smile:

The way which we were shown in the supervision (which is shorter than my method) is to wedge and dot the oiginal equation by a to create two new equations and then combine.

Ah, that's clever. I'd tried something halfway there (dotting by a) but didn't think it helped much. I'll give seeing this through a try, since it might be more interesting/general, but I'll try your method, too.
TheUnbeliever
Ah, that's clever. I'd tried something halfway there (dotting by a) but didn't think it helped much. I'll give seeing this through a try, since it might be more interesting/general, but I'll try your method, too.

Be careful when you do the second substitution. You'll have a choice between two r terms. It should be obvious which one to leave alone :wink:

If you do it right/the process I did you should do the r-substitution exactly twice.
All my vital organs are still connected. That's good.
Madjackismad
All my vital organs are still connected. That's good.

I found my 20 quid. That's good.
xo-Heva
I found my 20 quid. That's good.

Nice! :biggrin:
TheUnbeliever

Have you managed C12 yet? :p:
Reply 1672
Homework time :facepalm:
bex285
Homework time :facepalm:

:ditto:
To anyone who is doing or has done A Streetcar Named Desire, what is the purpose of the cat screeching in the first scene? Just to create an uneasy atmosphere...or something else?
CBA! That's bad.
Kirsteneg
To anyone who is doing or has done A Streetcar Named Desire, what is the purpose of the cat screeching in the first scene? Just to create an uneasy atmosphere...or something else?

Could be symbolic of something. I've never done A Streetcar Named Desire anyway.
Kirsteneg

:lolwut: That never came up when I did Streetcar
Ape Gone Insane
Halloween party on Thursday.

I ordered my stuff on Friday, will it get here before Thursday despite the backlog? :afraid:

I hope so... Fingers crossed for you.
You could always resort to the ol' sheet and eye cut-outs. Awesome ghost! :awesome:

What are you planning on going as?
Ape Gone Insane
The best villain ever created without dispute: The Joker.

Spoiler

:eek: That is freakin' amazing!!!
Pleeeeease post pics after the party, won't you?

Latest