Sophie1992
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I would like to study Forensic Compuiting next year at Staffordshire University and was just wondering whether anyone else will be taking that course.
Mike_R
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Why do you want to do a HND and not a Degree?
Sophie1992
Rep:
?
Its more of a back up in case I don't get the grades to do the degree. I will do the top up degree afterwards
Bonyjoe
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
my flatmate does it now, they do silly modules like IT skills and People skills whereas the degree course has software development, security etc.

it may be the same degree at the end but I can imagine the people who do the full degree all the way through come out of it with a better knowledge and more experience.
Sophie1992
Rep:
?
Yes I suppose but they wouldn't do a hnd course for forensic compiuting if you didn't get the same knowledge as some1 doing the degree course especially if you intend to do the top up degree
Xtrm2Matt
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
HND and a full degree aren't too disimilar. The only thing I can see is that for a full degree is that you have to do the 3rd year dissertation.

All HND students have the opportunity to do the extra year to top it up to a full degree. I belive the HND is more vocation based, so a HND can certainly be more beneficial than a full degree in some cases!
Sophie1992
Rep:
?
Ok thank you and I still do the final year project I think
Xtrm2Matt
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You do-do a 'final year project' on the HND in your second year (got 2 guys doing a HND in my house atm), not sure what you'd do if you did the top-up year (my housemates are, they should probably know).
Abbas78600
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi, I know its been a long time since you have done your top-up degree but how was it compared to the HND and if you moved out did you find suitable accommodation. Reason I am asking is because I will be doing a top-up in a few weeks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (216)
43.99%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.41%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.33%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (103)
20.98%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (53)
10.79%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.5%

Watched Threads