The Student Room Group

How is a top up degree counted?

Do they calculate your hnd? Even if you went to different universities?
Original post by Nicholas33
Do they calculate your hnd? Even if you went to different universities?

It's not clear what question you asking. If you already have an HND, you can do a one-year "top-up" course to gain a bachelors degree. It's then "counted" as a regular bachelors degree, just like any other. It doesn't matter if the HND came from one university and the "top-up" came from another.
No it’s all graded on your top up year so even if your HND was just a pass you can still get a first without having to work any harder than the guy who got a distinction. How do I know? I did a HND (actually on a university campus) and then topped p.
Reply 3
Original post by jonathanemptage
No it’s all graded on your top up year so even if your HND was just a pass you can still get a first without having to work any harder than the guy who got a distinction. How do I know? I did a HND (actually on a university campus) and then topped p.

I got pass in all subject in HND computing but in top up degree i got overall Second Class Honours(60+%) now i wanted to apply for usa. . Should i do wes evaluation of both hnd and top up degree?.and if yes, then does the gpa come out by calculating both hnd and top up degree marks?
Original post by shaurav777
I got pass in all subject in HND computing but in top up degree i got overall Second Class Honours(60+%) now i wanted to apply for usa. . Should i do wes evaluation of both hnd and top up degree?.and if yes, then does the gpa come out by calculating both hnd and top up degree marks?

I really don’t know much about the USA sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending