The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

indie_couture
yeh me too. I love southampton and the 6 year course generally. After speaking to some students its only made me like it more!
have you got that form yet? x

yep...received it a few days back.
I need to take it to the school to get the last bit of it done.
What about you?
New Username
yep...received it a few days back.
I need to take it to the school to get the last bit of it done.
What about you?

yeh I;ve got mine too. I was really stressing about it being half term and on the letter it says it needs to be back to them within 2 weeks of the date on the letter which meant mine needed to be back a week today!
I emailed my school and luckily I was able to go in today and get it signed. So hopefully send it asap, I;m just not sure what evidence I am sending them for the two criteria :s
indie_couture
yeh I;ve got mine too. I was really stressing about it being half term and on the letter it says it needs to be back to them within 2 weeks of the date on the letter which meant mine needed to be back a week today!
I emailed my school and luckily I was able to go in today and get it signed. So hopefully send it asap, I;m just not sure what evidence I am sending them for the two criteria :s

ohh yes, they also ask evidence :s-smilie: It says that if the evidence is insufficient they'll send it back, which will make the application process even longer and may lead to an unsuccessful application.

I am gonna send everything I can find so that they are more than happy with the evidence.
Reply 43
The course code was b940 right?
Reply 44
Moonkin
The course code was b940 right?

The course code for the BM6 course is A102. B940 is the course code for biomedical sciences.
New Username
ohh yes, they also ask evidence :s-smilie: It says that if the evidence is insufficient they'll send it back, which will make the application process even longer and may lead to an unsuccessful application.

I am gonna send everything I can find so that they are more than happy with the evidence.

are you sending the real thing or photo copies? I rang up and they said photocopies are fine. x
indie_couture
are you sending the real thing or photo copies? I rang up and they said photocopies are fine. x

hm..yes I was wondering the same thing. I was planning on giving them a call but thanks for finding out:smile: I'll send them the photocopies then.
I know it's too late to apply, but it would've been possible to apply with ABBC (sciences and maths), right? also do they accept re-sit candidates; 1st time ABBC, predicted As.
Reply 48
Alex D
The course code for the BM6 course is A102. B940 is the course code for biomedical sciences.

What's bm6 then? :s-smilie:
Reply 49
Moonkin
What's bm6 then? :s-smilie:

BM6 is A102. Did you mean to apply to BM6 but put the biomed science code down? If you're concerned, give UCAS a ring :smile:

EDIT: I'm not sure what you meant by what's BM6; whether you meant what the code is or what the actual course is. BM6 is a 'widening access' 6 year medical degree.
Reply 50
SomeStudent
I know it's too late to apply, but it would've been possible to apply with ABBC (sciences and maths), right? also do they accept re-sit candidates; 1st time ABBC, predicted As.

Hi SomeStudent, I think you may potentially find the subsequent quote useful: "3.12 Retake Policy All qualifications must be taken at one sitting for all programmes. Applicants who have retaken one A level and/or one GCSE (or equivalent) will be considered as if they had achieved the appropriate grade at the first sitting. Applicants retaking more than one A level or GCSE will be considered provided there were exceptional circumstances related to the first sitting. If accepted, the offer would be the same as the standard offer for the appropriate programme."
CJ89
Hi SomeStudent, I think you may potentially find the subsequent quote useful: "3.12 Retake Policy All qualifications must be taken at one sitting for all programmes. Applicants who have retaken one A level and/or one GCSE (or equivalent) will be considered as if they had achieved the appropriate grade at the first sitting. Applicants retaking more than one A level or GCSE will be considered provided there were exceptional circumstances related to the first sitting. If accepted, the offer would be the same as the standard offer for the appropriate programme."

Thank you... I probably should've applied :frown:
Reply 52
SomeStudent
Thank you... I probably should've applied :frown:

You’re welcome. You could apply next year...? UEA, Dundee, Kings et al all have similar foundation programmes to Southampton's BM6 course...
CJ
Reply 53
CJ89

Hi CJ, does that apply to all medical schools or is it from a particular one? As I am planning on resitting two GCSE.
Reply 54
Sato
Hi CJ, does that apply to all medical schools or is it from a particular one? As I am planning on resitting two GCSE.

Hi Sato, I should’ve probably been a bit more unambiguous; the segment I initially quoted was from the Southampton university website. As far as I am aware it applies to all of their medical courses i.e. A101, A100, and A102.
CJ
Reply 55
Does anyone know if Southampton post the ‘screening criteria form’ for all applicants at the same time...? As it appears that several applicants have received their form, I realise am being somewhat neurotic; but as of yet I have not received this form. Any elucidation on the form would be much appreciated.
CJ
Reply 56
Alex D
BM6 is A102. Did you mean to apply to BM6 but put the biomed science code down? If you're concerned, give UCAS a ring :smile:

EDIT: I'm not sure what you meant by what's BM6; whether you meant what the code is or what the actual course is. BM6 is a 'widening access' 6 year medical degree.

Oh no. I'm applied for undergraduate medicine but applied for (biomed)b940 at soton.
I was just confused at what bm6 was and whether I applied for the wrong thing
Reply 57
CJ89

That made me a bit sick :frown:
Not sure I understand though, am I not allowed to re-sit some AS modules in January? My AS grades pass the CCC threshold but keeping them like that would basically be putting 'all my eggs in one basket' no matter how desperate I am to go to Southampton.
Is anyone else doing re-sits for AS modules?
mirah12
Not sure I understand though, am I not allowed to re-sit some AS modules in January? My AS grades pass the CCC threshold but keeping them like that would basically be putting 'all my eggs in one basket' no matter how desperate I am to go to Southampton.

dont they mean like redoing the year? As as most universities they don't mind module resits just not the whole year.
mirah12

You're in year 13 now right? If the answer is yes, then that quote does not apply to you. It's for students who completed A-levels in 3 years.

Latest

Trending

Trending