The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 1
I live in Southampton but I don't go to the uni...

Its not just a load of docks lol, its quite a big city with a good nightlife, plenty of decent live music venues, pubs + nightclubs. The uni isn't even near the docks really, it is near the common though which is a lot of green area and its a bit rough but it can be a nice place for a few drinks with mates. It seems to me like quite a busy uni and plenty going on! (Y)
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
by the way im talking about S. uni not solent:woo:
Reply 3
Southampton is a lot more than just docks! I just moved to the solent uni, there are a lot of pubs, quite a few night clubs and a good sized varied range of shops.

Southampton uni is a little way out of the town, but my sister went there and didnt have a problem walking into town on nights out, or back at sill oclock in the morning.

You won't regret coming here!
Reply 4
dhr90
Southampton is a lot more than just docks! I just moved to the solent uni, there are a lot of pubs, quite a few night clubs and a good sized varied range of shops.

Southampton uni is a little way out of the town, but my sister went there and didnt have a problem walking into town on nights out, or back at sill oclock in the morning.

You won't regret coming here!

what kind of people are there in southampton? what i mean are they posh or normal working class people up for a laugh
Reply 5
Like anywhere there are posh areas and normal areas, in the way of the uni its mostly quite middle class I think. People are def up for a laugh though.

Its not a dull ****'ole, so don't worry about that too much... it's just your typical city, and you get a lot more character the university area anyway because of all the students and a wider variety of culture.

In terms of other things there's the new forest just down the road which can be pretty great for partying if you find the right place, and its nice up there... Bournemouth with a great beach is like 25 mins away on the train, and London's only an hour away.
Reply 6
There is a mix of posh and other areas.

People are up for a laugh for sure, walking back last night we met 3 30 year olds who wanted to know if it was too early to go to the lap dance bar...

Pubs and clubs generally seem to be fairly busy, 2 universities does that.

Soton uni has a bus scheme running, no idea what the latest it runs is though.
the buses seem to run till like half 11/ midnight, but the cabs are really cheap from portswood tis only like 6.50 and only a quid or two more coming back from southampton.
i would seriously recommend this uni, ive only been here three weeks but i absolutely love it, the town is massive there is loads of shopping, the nightlife is really good and there are loooooads of clubs and bars, everything is easily accessible and its just sooo much fun!

Latest

Trending

Trending