The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 1
Hi

I'm a first year CS at Soton!

Assuming it hasn't changed since last year - it's not really an interview and if you've been invited they'll be giving you an offer (if you attend)

You'll just have a quick, 5-10 minute, chat which shouldn't need any revision if you've done your research. The person who talked to me is now my tutor this year - he just asked basic questions: Why computer science, Why southampton, what career plans do you have, why did you pick your A levels, what interests you in CS, etc. Nothing technical, nothing you shouldn't be able to answer if you know why you want to Study CS at Soton

But do make sure you're PS is real because they will ask you questions about it. For example, I talked about freelance programming I have done on my PS and he asked what types of clients I had worked with and what the projects invovled.

You'll also get a free lunch and a tour of the campus
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
That's a terrific answer, I really appreciate it.

My PS is true thankfully, I mentioned quite a lot about PHP/MySQL along with other programming stuffs, I can probably expect a grilling about them about it. I'm prepared though. :smile:

How are you finding the course, what A levels did you get, and where else did you apply?

Cheers, you've really helped.

Dan.

P.S. Totally unrelated, but what's the male:female ratio like at Soton in CS?

Latest

Trending

Trending