The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
vivalajunkpile
rejection today via track. bit gutted but it wasn't my first choice!

snap!
Reply 321
when did you guys get the email? :frown:
Reply 322
WanHei
when did you guys get the email? :frown:

Got the 'unsuccessful' on track about 12-ish this afternoon, I'm sure its good news if you haven't got one yet :smile:
Reply 323
billet-doux
I got rejected as well.

aww.... :frown:

Have u got any other offers for medicine?
beetlejuice
this is what annoys me a bit - it depends how many conditional offers are left for them to give, after they've estimated how many will take up the unconditional places. Leaving less for us.

really? aww that sucks... big time... but how sure are you about that? where did you read about it? i hope its not true.... :frown:

but at the same time, some people are already given conditional offers. so what about that? i myself am not sure in the manner offers are given out by st andys
doctorinthemaking
really? aww that sucks... big time... but how sure are you about that? where did you read about it? i hope its not true.... :frown:

but at the same time, some people are already given conditional offers. so what about that? i myself am not sure in the manner offers are given out by st andys

It was just a guess...just seemed a bit weird that lots of people got unconditionals and there's been quite a few rejections now. Not saying that there are no conditional offers left, just that if they give out offers before interviews have even finished then logically there are going to be less for those who were interviewed later in the cycle and will be up for conditional offers. Anyway, as I said I'm just speculating - see a previous post from terpineol on this thread. Good luck.
Reply 326
good luck guys - I'm pretty sure for A levels people that no news is good news..
exursist
aww.... :frown:

Have u got any other offers for medicine?

Yes, I have two offers for medicine so I think I'll be going to King's in September if I get the grades!
Reply 328
billet-doux
Yes, I have two offers for medicine so I think I'll be going to King's in September if I get the grades!

right,thats good going then.ive only had 1 offer for medicne, so i dont really have much of a choice when it comes to that.

anyways, good luck then :smile:
Reply 329
Ah crap...rejection! Oh well atleast it means i dont have to choose anymore!
Reply 330
bigmac62
Ah crap...rejection! Oh well atleast it means i dont have to choose anymore!

ohh man :frown::frown: when did you hear and when was your interview?
Reply 331
heard yesterday about 11ish according to the email lol didn check it until today though :redface:....it was way back at the start of december...im thinking that if youve made it this far and not been rejected...you're probs in with a good shout now!
Reply 332
bigmac62
heard yesterday about 11ish according to the email lol didn check it until today though :redface:....it was way back at the start of december...im thinking that if youve made it this far and not been rejected...you're probs in with a good shout now!

hmm i really hope so! cuz i really like st andrews!! I was interviewed in dec too! i was a mess in my interview though, really nervous!

but your the same with edinburgh eh? im out for edinburgh :frown:
I have an interview for Pre Med :| Does anyone know what's that like, is it similar to the med interviews? I've tried to look online, but found very little information.
SomeStudent
I have an interview for Pre Med :| Does anyone know what's that like, is it similar to the med interviews? I've tried to look online, but found very little information.

My friend has an interview for pre-med too, I think the interviewing process is pretty much the same as the normal med interviews (20 minutes: 10 minutes of the typical med interview followed by 10 minutes of the science article :smile: ) but a lot more competitive, I think it's something like over a hundred applicants for 5 places.. but good luck anyways :biggrin:
ChilliChickenWings
My friend has an interview for pre-med too, I think the interviewing process is pretty much the same as the normal med interviews (20 minutes: 10 minutes of the typical med interview followed by 10 minutes of the science article :smile: ) but a lot more competitive, I think it's something like over a hundred applicants for 5 places.. but good luck anyways :biggrin:

Seriously? Is it that competitive?
I think so yeah, well that's what he says, it's the only only pre-med in Scotland (except for the one at Dundee but that's for those who chose to do only one science)
Reply 337
but you can't actually apply for pre-med can you?? - it's just a hidden course I thought?
I got rejected!
I mean, it was only going to be my insurance, but still . . .
At least I've now been able to accept my UCL and Manchester offers :h:
Good luck to anyone who hasn't heard yet :smile:
x
Sambo2
but you can't actually apply for pre-med can you?? - it's just a hidden course I thought?

No, you can't. Only they can offer it to you if you get a rejection from A100.

I have an interview and I'm so nervous... I just know that my mind will go blank and into panic mode as soon as I sit down - aargh, but it has to be done, so I just hope I won't embarrass myself too much :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending