The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i suffer from insomnia.

no i actually do :frown:

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Reply 2
It's only eleven here, but I'll probably be up till 2 or 3am trying to get my project done. Damn this addictive forum! :tongue:
Reply 3
hildabeast
i suffer from insomnia.

Do you fall asleep during the day, then?
(No offence intended, I'm just curious.)
Reply 4
++Hex++
Do you fall asleep during the day, then?
(No offence intended, I'm just curious.)

no i don't usually, i just have problems sleeping full stop

Reply 5
Infinity
Damn this addictive forum! :tongue:

It's 4:10am here. I couldn't agree more about the forum. If I didn't visit it, I'd probably be done by now.

Except whenever I get a bit stuck, and pause, I think "I'll just check what's changed since I last looked, I won't sign in or post anything..."

I usually find something to say, and then I end up reading through everything. :rolleyes:

Oh well, better get back to work.
Reply 6
hildabeast

I usually get headaches when I don't sleep enough. Does it affect your concentration?
Reply 7
++Hex++
It's 4:10am here. I couldn't agree more about the forum. If I didn't visit it, I'd probably be done by now.

Except whenever I get a bit stuck, and pause, I think "I'll just check what's changed since I last looked, I won't sign in or post anything..."

I usually find something to say, and then I end up reading through everything. :rolleyes:

Oh well, better get back to work.

Yeah, me too.
After one more post. :tongue:
Reply 8
Infinity
Yeah, me too.
After one more post. :tongue:

As always.
Reply 9
hildabeast

On an average week, for how many hours do you sleep?
hildabeast
i suffer from insomnia.

People think I do, hence the term 'insomnihack'... it's in fact cos I literally don't have time to sleep, not enough hours in the day.

At the mo just got back from an amazing concert at Po Na Na's, now need to have the review done for BBC for tomorrow morning.
J.S.

2 weeks ago I did 5 days in a row without sleep. No joke, that's my record. Spent most of the next 3 days crashed out!
Reply 12
Jools
2 weeks ago I did 5 days in a row without sleep. No joke, that's my record. Spent most of the next 3 days crashed out!

Insane..I do one night for an essay. Sometimes over the exam period, sleep roughly 2/3 hours a day for close to a week or so. Anymore than that is really crushing.
J.S.

It varies, some weeks I sleep loads, like 8 hours an night. Other weeks I only manage to get in about 8 hours total. I think it depends on hormones or something.

++Hex++
I usually get headaches when I don't sleep enough. Does it affect your concentration?

Yeh, it does affect my concentration, and sometimes it make me lose loads of weight as well. Also it can make me get depressed I think but I really hate taking sleeping tablets; I don't want to become reliant upon them.

J.S.
Insane..I do one night for an essay. Sometimes over the exam period, sleep roughly 2/3 hours a day for close to a week or so. Anymore than that is really crushing.

The secret = Red Bull + ProPlus (caffeine tablets). In large quantities.

Apparently I'll be dead by 40 at this rate... if I get all this work out of the way I may have a week at Xmas to sleep normally!
Reply 16
Jools

Apparently I'll be dead by 40 at this rate... if I get all this work out of the way I may have a week at Xmas to sleep normally!

For me its coffee, (at about 2/3, i.e. I start feeling sleepy then), using about 4/5 sometimes 6 tea spoons. Then, at around 5am its Red Bull, which ought to take me through to abouuuut 9/10 and then after that it seems as though my brain has gotten the message that there's going to be no sleep available, so I'm usually ok for the rest of the day. I cannot repeat this however...that's just torture!
Reply 17
Jools

One of the girls in my year got addicted to proplus over our A level summer exams. She was literally always taking them. A vicious circle I think - she couldn't get to sleep, so she took more to stay awake the next day.
Reply 18
hildabeast
Yeh, it does affect my concentration, and sometimes it make me lose loads of weight as well. Also it can make me get depressed I think but I really hate taking sleeping tablets; I don't want to become reliant upon them.

Wise choice.
Reply 19
++Hex++
One of the girls in my year got addicted to proplus over our A level summer exams. She was literally always taking them. A vicious circle I think - she couldn't get to sleep, so she took more to stay awake the next day.

Pro Plus is utter rubbish, it doesn't do ANYTHING after the first night!!! God, I could have a handful of them and fall asleep immediately and not awake till after I've had 8 hours or so!

Latest

Trending

Trending