The Student Room Group

Has my bf lost interest in me?

Today unexpectedly my boyfriend was not messaging me (we are long distance) and we had no issues prior to this. I was telling him about my day and his reply was 'okayy'. I also sent him a picture of myself and usually he compliments me, but this time he just saved it in chat. I was just really confused why was he acting like this, as were on call for a long time yesterday and it was really fun, but today he just doesnt want to talk to me. I didnt want to ask him why he was being like this, as maybe he didnt want to talk to me and i didnt want to annoy him. We play games together aswell, and hes active on that. I dont understand im just so sad because i love talking him throughout my day but im confused whys he acting like this. Any help will be appreciated xx
Reply 1
Ask him.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
Ask him.

but i dont want to annoy him
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

A relationship is about communicating, ask him. If he gets annoyed its his fault.

So you'll annoy people who deffo don't know instead? :rolleyes:
So he's off for one day and suddenly you think he's lost interest in you? Do you not think it's possible that some days people are just tired, or they don't always fancy having long convos and playing games??
Reply 6
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
So he's off for one day and suddenly you think he's lost interest in you? Do you not think it's possible that some days people are just tired, or they don't always fancy having long convos and playing games??

you dont understand, a nice message would be nice it takes a few seconds

So tell him that instead of strangers on the internet.
Reply 8

This is ridiculous!
Reply 9
Original post by Scotney
This is ridiculous!

how
Reply 10
how

You need to chill on him a bit, he doesn't need to be 24/7 addicted. Sometimes a relationship can get a bit stale and boring. It doesn't mean hes lost interest in you it might just mean he doesn't want to speak for a few hours.
Today unexpectedly my boyfriend was not messaging me (we are long distance) and we had no issues prior to this. I was telling him about my day and his reply was 'okayy'. I also sent him a picture of myself and usually he compliments me, but this time he just saved it in chat. I was just really confused why was he acting like this, as were on call for a long time yesterday and it was really fun, but today he just doesnt want to talk to me. I didnt want to ask him why he was being like this, as maybe he didnt want to talk to me and i didnt want to annoy him. We play games together aswell, and hes active on that. I dont understand im just so sad because i love talking him throughout my day but im confused whys he acting like this. Any help will be appreciated xx

maybe he just wasnt in the mood, people have off days
We all have bad days. Perhaps, this is just a bad day for him. Wait till tomorrow to ask him if everything is okay. Men are usually different. They bottle everything up whereas girls are more open and share more with others. I'm not saying your boyfriend may be like this.
However, if this continues for a week or more, something serious is up and maybe then you can question his interest. But for now, it's just been a day. I would not worry, especially if everything was fine yesterday.
He's your boyfriend after all. We are all allowed some space.
I agree, I've been in a similar situation with an LDR and I just ended up feeling "burnt out" chatting every day, maybe he's the same? Anyways it's best to just straight up ask him as none of us can tell you his exact thoughts and feeling.
He's having a bad day. Your options are to either ask him if he's doing okay today or to just give him some space. Any approach that makes the situation about your needs (e.g. sending selfies and expecting compliments) rather than recognising his is inappropriate right now.

So you in long distance relationship.

So if he doesn't message you back for days and days then perhaps he lost interest in you
You don't have to have to have any prior issues for not to continue things as he can decide this relationship isn't for him

You need to talk to him about how both of yous can make this relationship work regardless of distance. Maybe arrange to meet up if you haven't yet done this.

He may be busy with family and will get in touch with you later tonight maybe 🤔
Just chill out and await for him to contact you okay as I wouldn't keep texting him while he's not responding to you, wait until tomorrow morning and try again contacting him.

Sometimes a long distance relationship can burn each other out with constantly messaging and phoning one another without any days of to yourselves.

This has not happened over a long period of time, just one day. Maybe he is busy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending