The Student Room Group

Easiest Medical School?

Scroll to see replies

Kinkerz
This would be true if AS grades meant something...
They only count at Cambridge. Everywhere else, they're not important.

PS: You don't need to volunteer.

AS grades must mean something. Would they not be unimpressed with someone with UUUU?

I guess it's not a requested requirement, but if you want to do medicine, then why not? If you are really passionate about the subject then you could feel the need to volunteer to make your application stand out from the rest.
Reply 61
mathew551
AS grades must mean something. Would they not be unimpressed with someone with UUUU?

The reason they aren't used is because some schools (probably most actually) don't certify AS grades in the summer and hence you're not allowed to declare them on UCAS. If less than half of the applicants are declaring their AS results, it's hardly fair to use them as a tool in admissions.

mathew551
I guess it's not a requested requirement, but if you want to do medicine, then why not? If you are really passionate about the subject then you could feel the need to volunteer to make your application stand out from the rest.

Possibly, yes.
Gizmo!
fitting name for you, then, for us fans of green wingie hehehe

what do you mean green wingie
Reply 63
All medical courses are hard, that's why most medical students get AAA or AAB!
19becky91
All medical courses are hard, that's why most medical students get AAA or AAB!

I don't really think that was his question, but still, just because they're all hard doesn't mean some aren't harder than others.
Reply 65
Guy Secretan
what do you mean green wingie

ahhh, i mean you are like Guy Secretan from the show. and pleese divvnt call me 'green wingie' again.
Reply 66
Lancaster or Durham...FACT!
Reply 67
lazy bum easiest medical school, I hope if u become a doctor u dnt say wats d easiest way I can kill dis patient.
You should rephrase ur question to avoid comments like this.
martin101
<BM BCh

rofl.

All medical schools require a decent standard of grammar - I just hope OP that your PS will be worded somewhat better. As has been said to death just about, if your applying somewhere because youve heard its easy to get into, chances are youre not going to get in.

and you got into Medical School how?
Reply 69
by using another form of english, i would expect.
Reply 70
shaz111
Lancaster or Durham...FACT!

why?
As wif any post like this, the answer NEVER EVER arrives...lol
Reply 71
hollywood upstairs medical school.
Reply 72
or club med school
Reply 73
Gizmo!
why?
As wif any post like this, the answer NEVER EVER arrives...lol

Umm well I should rephrase that as academically to get into Durham you need 3 A's, but purely by the number of applicants that apply to the medical courses at lancaster, and durham they have the least amount of applicants to seats available on the course (Durham has about 500 applicants for 100 seats, and Lancaster has about 50 seats for 250 applicants)!

This is purely statistical so is not a fair measure as Durham accept more graduates onto their course than any other 5 year course, and Post graduates are known to make much better applicants than undergrads!

Funnily enough though Durham might be easier to get into, when we integrate with the newcastle guys in year 3, we beat them academically across the board!
Reply 74
shaz111
Umm well I should rephrase that as academically to get into Durham you need 3 A's, but purely by the number of applicants that apply to the medical courses at lancaster, and durham they have the least amount of applicants to seats available on the course (Durham has about 500 applicants for 100 seats, and Lancaster has about 50 seats for 250 applicants)!

This is purely statistical so is not a fair measure as Durham accept more graduates onto their course than any other 5 year course, and Post graduates are known to make much better applicants than undergrads!

Funnily enough though Durham might be easier to get into, when we integrate with the newcastle guys in year 3, we beat them academically across the board!

But if you're UKCAT is crap, then at Durham your chances are zero, whereas at other universities they aren't.

Going by statistics/chance is a bad idea...
Rooster523
and you got into Medical School how?

Ok so Ill admit, I used a your when it shouldve been youre, however the other three youve highlighted are perfectly legitimate uses of the words.
Reply 76
not that it matters, since he perfectly understood you, marty.

only a fool would assume that you didnt know ow to use it, and would miss that you chose not to.
martin101
Ok so Ill admit, I used a your when it shouldve been youre, however the other three youve highlighted are perfectly legitimate uses of the words.

sorry I forgot apostrophes don't exist

i'm only being picky because you criticised for grammar, practice what you preach my brother!

While I remember, fair play on getting to Oxford, I envy you I really do.

:awesome:
Reply 78
I would have said Cambridge or Queen's University Belfast -but on low A levels, that ain't going to happen.
It does depend on the person very much. If you have one very strong strength, it will make it easier to get into some universities over others.
But none of them are very easy.

If Prague like you though, you can get offers where you need only 3 Es. The course is in English toooo.
Reply 79
Chloeee02
I would have said Cambridge or Queen Mary's Belfast -but on low A levels, that ain't going to happen.
:curious:

If Prague like you though, you can get offers where you need only 3 Es. The course is in English toooo.
And if the patients were in English too it would be even better...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending