The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm sorry to hear that, however hopefully he lead a good and full life. Remember the happy times, don't dwell on the negative aspects.
Reply 21
That is so sad *hugs*. There is no adequate way of saying how sorry I am about the pain that he went through, and the pain you are going through now.
Once the anger has dissipated a bit, each day try to picture and remember your grandad with a positive memory. It can't heal the wound but it it will help in the long run.
Reply 22
AT82
There is no point now, my grandad passed away at 5:00am this morning. They had to remove 75% of his liver and the remaining 25% was damaged. What I don't understand is why did the scans just show a tiny mark?

He was really quite active and well before he had the operation, yes he was in a bit of pain but he was enjoying life.

PS Jamie that is exactly how my grandad was yesterday, he was very confused and he was always a very bright man always with it. My grandad probably knew on Friday he was dying when he said he has a feeling he's going down. :frown:

Ah man, that sucks big time. I'm sorry to hear about this.
Reply 23
AT82
Its secondary its spread from his bowels which have been removed. This morning the doctors were saying they could try other stuff hence the point of this thread but now they are saying in its in the hands of god.

W00t, that's how my dad died. Well, not w00t. At all.

Apparently once it get's to the liver you're a goner >_<

My dad had the operation to remove most of his liver but he got an infection and just never woke up, so I guess he got it a bit easier than your uncle.

He was really quite active and well before he had the operation, yes he was in a bit of pain but he was enjoying life.

Same here, a month before my dad died, he'd still been playing hockey for his club.
Reply 24
AT82
There is no point now, my grandad passed away at 5:00am this morning. They had to remove 75% of his liver and the remaining 25% was damaged. What I don't understand is why did the scans just show a tiny mark?

PS Jamie that is exactly how my grandad was yesterday, he was very confused and he was always a very bright man always with it. My grandad probably knew on Friday he was dying when he said he has a feeling he's going down. :frown:

i hope ur ok! just so u know, apparently ur supposed 2 b able 2 lose 90% of ur liver and survive coz it grows back, but i guess if ur grandad was old it might not b so effective. sorry! xx

Latest

Trending

Trending