Turn on thread page Beta

Liver failure any hope? watch

    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear that, however hopefully he lead a good and full life. Remember the happy times, don't dwell on the negative aspects.
    • PS Helper
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    That is so sad *hugs*. There is no adequate way of saying how sorry I am about the pain that he went through, and the pain you are going through now.
    Once the anger has dissipated a bit, each day try to picture and remember your grandad with a positive memory. It can't heal the wound but it it will help in the long run.
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    There is no point now, my grandad passed away at 5:00am this morning. They had to remove 75% of his liver and the remaining 25% was damaged. What I don't understand is why did the scans just show a tiny mark?

    He was really quite active and well before he had the operation, yes he was in a bit of pain but he was enjoying life.

    PS Jamie that is exactly how my grandad was yesterday, he was very confused and he was always a very bright man always with it. My grandad probably knew on Friday he was dying when he said he has a feeling he's going down.
    Ah man, that sucks big time. I'm sorry to hear about this.
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Its secondary its spread from his bowels which have been removed. This morning the doctors were saying they could try other stuff hence the point of this thread but now they are saying in its in the hands of god.
    W00t, that's how my dad died. Well, not w00t. At all.

    Apparently once it get's to the liver you're a goner >_<

    My dad had the operation to remove most of his liver but he got an infection and just never woke up, so I guess he got it a bit easier than your uncle.

    He was really quite active and well before he had the operation, yes he was in a bit of pain but he was enjoying life.
    Same here, a month before my dad died, he'd still been playing hockey for his club.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    There is no point now, my grandad passed away at 5:00am this morning. They had to remove 75% of his liver and the remaining 25% was damaged. What I don't understand is why did the scans just show a tiny mark?

    He was really quite active and well before he had the operation, yes he was in a bit of pain but he was enjoying life.

    PS Jamie that is exactly how my grandad was yesterday, he was very confused and he was always a very bright man always with it. My grandad probably knew on Friday he was dying when he said he has a feeling he's going down.
    i hope ur ok! just so u know, apparently ur supposed 2 b able 2 lose 90% of ur liver and survive coz it grows back, but i guess if ur grandad was old it might not b so effective. sorry! xx
 
 
 
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2005

2,055

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.