The Student Room Group

He doesn't want me - but gets angry

I am 27 and lost my recent ex boyfriend Lee, 46, less than a week ago.

He died of Liver Failure.

I have been struggling to cope with losing him. Our relationship was volatile due to his alcohol addiction, and I believe if he didn’t have his addiction, we wouldn't gotten married as he was my best friend.

I met this guy on a dating site a few weeks ago. He is 35. His name is Carlo.

He told me he's not looking for anything serious - I found that frustrating because he knew I wanted something serious.

We spent a lot of time with each other.

Carlo does not believe I am sexually inexperienced based on the way I look. He told me he has trust issues.

He confuses me however, he treats me like I am his girlfriend but only wants something casual. I don’t want this arrangement and made it clear. He told me one day, a man will love me more than life itself.

Lol, okay.

This morning I woke up and cried profusely. One of my guy friends checked up on me and got me me breakfast as I was struggling to get out of bed and had bad period pain.

As a passing comment, I told Carlo what my friend had done and then he became passive aggressive. Saying “This guy is trying to steal you from me. You see, not so hard to replace me”. Then he said..

“And then you ask me why I have trust issues - so funny, I know my stuff”.

But he literally said he didn’t want me, at least not romantically.

Then he brought up other women he wanted to take on dates or who missed him that he slept with a month ago. Not sure why he was doing this.

But it was hurtful and confusing.

I just wanted him to comfort me during this time and all he is fixated on is who bought be breakfast.

But he doesn't even want me?
Is there any real excuse for you not seeing this guy is a total ass? Why are you so keen to get back on dating sites and find something serious when your partner is barely a week passed? (indeed you were looking even before he passed)
Reply 2
I was seeing Carlo before my ex passed.

We broke up in February but still remained good friends.

In the midst of us dating, I didn't know Lee was going to pass away 💔

I agreed to just be friends with Carlo, but I just don't understand why he's being so angry towards me when he doesn't even want a relationship with me.

Original post by StriderHort
Is there any real excuse for you not seeing this guy is a total ass? Why are you so keen to get back on dating sites and find something serious when your partner is barely a week passed? (indeed you were looking even before he passed)
So you were cheating on your dying ex??
I'm getting strong Mexican soap opera vibes.
leave him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending