Reply 1
Im sure it is an abstract.
Reply 2
caption
Reply 3
IT's an abstract
Lead or (in the US) lede
Lede or lead
None of these answers is correct. I'm an old (emphasis on old with consequent memory problems) magazine writer and there is a name for it; I just can't think of it.
Reply 7
Subhead !?I was just in a very similar brain melt situation - 12 years after my journalism degree - but found it on a page few below this one
Reply 8
OLD thread
Original post by gjd800
OLD thread

It’s that time of the morning.
Strap Line
Original post by elixira
It's completely escaped me and Google is drawing a blank. :confused: It's not an abstract, is it?

as far as I know the format for an article is headline[ topic] byline [ one line sub heading or statement] if you want to be extra but usually your name goes there then you then you have your main body or the lead paragraph which acts like a map for your article states the main points and you support those points and give your opinion with additional info or other facts lastly you need a few lines for your conclusion/ outcome that's the most basic way to describe it obviously it can be more intricate depends on the topic and word limit
Original post by salviakasana03
as far as I know the format for an article is headline[ topic] byline [ one line sub heading or statement] if you want to be extra but usually your name goes there then you then you have your main body or the lead paragraph which acts like a map for your article states the main points and you support those points and give your opinion with additional info or other facts lastly you need a few lines for your conclusion/ outcome that's the most basic way to describe it obviously it can be more intricate depends on the topic and word limit

it's a 10 year old thread, I'm sure they'll have written their article by now!
lol
Original post by laurawatt

lmao I didn't see that why was this in my recommendations then weird
Original post by salviakasana03
lmao I didn't see that why was this in my recommendations then weird

who knows :lol:
Right, but I haven't
Right, but I haven't

Original post by flaurie

Right, but i haven't

Latest

Trending

Trending