The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2380
i beleive the salary cap idea is a great idea, it would put teams on a level playing field and also boost english players coming into the english game. it would mean players actually have to have desire to win games and perform rather than having players who are only interested in the paycheck and the actual result doesnt really matter all that much to them. like was already said however, it could only trully work if it was an international thing due to the european competitions teams compete in.
Glaz-meister rushed to hospital

Oh no! Super Malcolm Glazer has suffered a stroke. I desperately hope he is OK.

The gazillionaire businessman, whose dollar injection has helped Manchester finish in their highest EPL spot for years, was rushed to hospital over Easter following the attack. Rumours that it was caused by Manchester's zip-zip tie with Sunderland are so far unfounded.

But if you look closer, you can see that he is simply showing Manchester where they can improve, as his condition seems to be mirroring the roster. He is suffering from impaired speech, much like Sir Fergie after a couple of whiskys, and he lacks mobility on the right side, like Manchester when Keiron Richardson is playing.

A source revealed that the Glaz-meister was still mentally 100% there and that Manchester fans shouldn't be concerned about the illness. Because he is still alive, I've heard some Manchester fans will be wearing black armbands to the next game.
ssmoose
Must have been France '98, because the first football I ever watched was Euro '96

:smile:
RobbieC
I agree with Chueco except...

Robbo
GNeville Terry Carra/Campbell (depends on fitness) ACole (depends on fitness)/Carra
Carrick
Beckham Gerrard JCole
Lampard Beattie
Owen

thats 12.... note my striker was owen or crouch, not both...
Reply 2384
lol how true!he went for a funny as hell rugby tackle on one of the German players!
Reply 2385
BRILLIANT TACKLE!!!! :biggrin:

Even though you were watching the ball,. you could see him "running" up and down the middle of the pitch out the cornber of your eye!!:biggrin:
Reply 2386
lol with a performance like that, he should be playing professional!
Reply 2387
I must say there are some hilarious comments on here.

Living off a reputation? Chelsea have scored more goals, but only 11 more and thats with us in fifth having had a terrible season. If you ask a neutral we still, on our day, play the best football in the country.

As for playing 4-5-1 not many people do it with a midfield that has Reyes, Hleb, Ljungberg not to mention cesc, so hardly defensive.

Hleb has been one of our best players in the cl as well, yes he gives it away occasionally but his work rate and link up with eboue has been crucial.

The big pitch will help, I think Highbury now, it didnt a few years ago, slightly hinders us. Teams can get close and in our face, with more room thats more difficult plus more room for our pacey players to run into

They key to beating barca? Get at them, their defence isnt all that great - people like gio, and like all foreign teams they arent used to being closed down and pressured, they like time. Get close and we have a chance. Still huge underdogs but over 90 mins who knows, two legs they would beat us, but on the day we'll see.
slimjim

Hleb has been one of our best players in the cl as well, yes he gives it away occasionally

Thats the understatement of the season.
esx77
Problem with henry recently is when he scores he rarely celebrates with the fans and doesn't even put on a happy face.

Did you not see the Tottenham game? When he scored he went mad.
Reply 2390
He does seem fed up of being at the Arsenal :frown:
Reply 2391
slimjim

Living off a reputation? Chelsea have scored more goals, but only 11 more and thats with us in fifth having had a terrible season. If you ask a neutral we still, on our day, play the best football in the country.

As for playing 4-5-1 not many people do it with a midfield that has Reyes, Hleb, Ljungberg not to mention cesc, so hardly defensive.

Hleb has been one of our best players in the cl as well, yes he gives it away occasionally but his work rate and link up with eboue has been crucial.

The big pitch will help, I think Highbury now, it didnt a few years ago, slightly hinders us. Teams can get close and in our face, with more room thats more difficult plus more room for our pacey players to run into

They key to beating barca? Get at them, their defence isnt all that great - people like gio, and like all foreign teams they arent used to being closed down and pressured, they like time. Get close and we have a chance. Still huge underdogs but over 90 mins who knows, two legs they would beat us, but on the day we'll see.

Barca's defence isnt all that great? is this the defence that didnt concede against Milan Benfica? Marquez and Puyol are very good. Gio has improved alot and is avery solid full back now. The only weak point is Oleguer who is really slow - Henry could cause him problems.
I think Puyol has a bad game and that defense will crumple. He is normally an incredibly refined defender and always does the right thing. Very calm collected player, but someone with the presence of Thierry could screw him up.
dimexi
What's that got to do with me being an Arsenal fan?
Ermm.. I'd've thought you'd know these things, that's all. :smile:
^ Follow me and you'll win money :p:

Today

Sunderland to beat Fulham

£10 (11/5)

Sunderland's last home game of the season, they'd want to finish of well. They played well recently against Manure and still put up a fighting performance v Arsenal. And knowing Fulham's away record.. :smile:

Man City v Arsenal

HT - Draw
FT - Arsenal
£10 (10/3)

HT - Arsenal
FT - Arsenal
£20 (6/4)

Arsenal need to win this to still have a chance of finishing fourth. They know they've a good chance. I'm sure they'll put everything to it. Man City however haven't had the best of spells.
I am going to put money on Sunderland winning. 15 I reckon. I have a feeling...

Can I use a bank card to bet money through betfair??
^ Not sure about that, never tried. But I assume so.

Why not just pop down your local bookies? I always use Coral. They normally have the best odds.
I have to leave my college then!!:eek:
jusfarhan

Man City v Arsenal

HT - Draw
FT - Arsenal
£10 (10/3)

Gone with that meself, and decided to to a Accum with Arsenal/Fulham.
Fulham went close to winning their first away win against sunderland until it was postponed. Just a feeling.
If Arsenal win I hear Celtic could suffer.

Latest