The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

calderstonesLFC
Gone with that meself, and decided to to a Accum with Arsenal/Fulham.
Fulham went close to winning their first away win against sunderland until it was postponed. Just a feeling.
Fulham have nothing to play for..

Sunderland's last home game of the season. Plus, did you see their attendance v Arsenal?

I think Sunderland'll win.

What's an Accum? And how do you do it? Is there a minimum number of matches you can do? I'm always confused over it.

RobbieC
I have to leave my college then!!:eek:
After college? :wink: I think they close around 6-6.30-ish.
jusfarhan
Fulham have nothing to play for..

Sunderland's last home game of the season. Plus, did you see their attendance v Arsenal?

I think Sunderland'll win.

What's an Accum? And how do you do it? Is there a minimum number of matches you can do? I'm always confused over it.

Hmm, well its to late now and the odds were just to tempting. I nearly had it come off with boro yesterday who i got at a tasty 8.8 i think.
Accums are basically just betting on a number of matches, each matchs odds are taken into account and each winning goes onto the next bet.
I use betfair for mine, and you can usually bet on as many as you want with 2 being the min of course.
Generally very decent odds if you stick it on 3/4.
I am somewhat surprised to see the amounf of you who do bet. Not that I'm a nanny-state advocator but rather did not see just how popular it is, especially amongst the younger generation.
Reply 2403
did u hear the interview with him afterwards? 'i thought i was going to die' lol he was kinda unfit...
Sharpshooter
Listen up smartarse, United paid 27 million for the services of Wayne Rooney so they can do whatever they like with him. If he happens to be out for the beginning of next season by aggrevating it then it becomes a equally a bigger blow for us.

Coming from an Arsenal fan I find the patriotic stance highly amusing, considering their club does virtually nothing for the national team anyway.

So in order to support England you've got to support a team that contributes significantly to the English national side?
Campbell and Cole.
Neville, Ferdinand, Rooney.

I'dsay the two were comparable.

But in any event, if someone supports a foreign side they could still be concerned about the fate of the national team.
silent ninja
u sound so arrogant.

Thanks
Totally.
Yeah they will be playing an additional qualification if Arsenal become champs.

I do like Celtic, but nonetheless am a Gooner.
Things also would be better if players didn't haggle for extreme wages and contracts. As long as they do this prices will rise and clubs will try to keep up.
Reply 2409
Cindy
Things also would be better if players didn't haggle for extreme wages and contracts. As long as they do this prices will rise and clubs will try to keep up.

Loyalty disappeared ages ago and every player is trying to earn the highest he can. I would like players to have been more loyal but you can't blame them as football is all about money thesedays and the their careers aren't as long as most other professions.
Reply 2410
Great idea but can't see it happening.
NDGAARONDI
I am somewhat surprised to see the amounf of you who do bet. Not that I'm a nanny-state advocator but rather did not see just how popular it is, especially amongst the younger generation.

IF you bet on a few matches now and then, something i generally have luck in its not a bad way to earn a bit of cash for a friday night.
jusfarhan
^ Follow me and you'll win money :p:

Today

Sunderland to beat Fulham

£10 (11/5)

Sunderland's last home game of the season, they'd want to finish of well. They played well recently against Manure and still put up a fighting performance v Arsenal. And knowing Fulham's away record.. :smile:

Man City v Arsenal

HT - Draw
FT - Arsenal
£10 (10/3)

HT - Arsenal
FT - Arsenal
£20 (6/4)

Arsenal need to win this to still have a chance of finishing fourth. They know they've a good chance. I'm sure they'll put everything to it. Man City however haven't had the best of spells.
Latest scores:

Man City 0 - 1 Arsenal

Sunderland 1 - 0 Fulham

I'm winning both my bets so far.

P.S, our own Le Tallec scored for S'land.
Did I speak too soon? Man City've equalised. Luckily for me, my 'back-up' bet still stands :biggrin:
Grr sunderland. Only one ruining a perfect betting day so far. Had Arsenal to score first, and then city after that.
calderstonesLFC
Grr sunderland. Only one ruining a perfect betting day so far. Had Arsenal to score first, and then city after that.
Not bad, what sort of bet is that? Sorry if I keep asking questions :redface:

---

I'm gonna rade the betting shop in the World Cup :biggrin:
jusfarhan
Not bad, what sort of bet is that? Sorry if I keep asking questions :redface:

---

I'm gonna rade the betting shop in the World Cup :biggrin:

Just two seperate bets. Had arsenal to score first, then when they scored i put another bet on. Only small money though. Won something like 8 quid.
I've got Draw/Arsenal- 5.2

So far so good
Reply 2419
walshie, i'm not being hostile, i'm simply responding to your contributions, which have been contradicting, had they been consistent and at least relevant to the thread subject (and saying wayne rooney will 'never' play again) is not relevant, then maybe you would find this conversation less frustraiting.

Latest