The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4280
Yeah I'm curious to know who the MotM was!

Well done Barca though, that was a fantastic game! If only we saw more action from Henry and Ronalinho though...

It must suck to be Ronaldinho at times when you have 3 opposition players marking you and never letting you out of their eyesight! Perhaps that'd only help in giving his fellow team members more space to find the perfect angle and spot.

I didn't think the goals were very beautiful or spectacular unfortunately - we've seen much better throughout the competition. The 2nd Barca goal in particular was less than impressive. Neither was it a nail-biting match though by virtue of the fact that it kept me awake throughout (started at 2:45am here :eek:) the match, it must have been a blockbuster.

I did feel for Arsenal when their keeper was sent off though! Boy, such a pity.
Sure you'll do a brill job Dan :smile: x
Reply 4282
Congratulations gorgeous :love:

(I see you've changed your user-name to pink already :p:)
Reply 4283
Congratulations dan, i'm sure you'll do a fantastic job around these parts. :cool:
Reply 4284
Way to go; keep up the good work!
Reply 4285
:bawling: :frown::frown::frown:

Well, what can I say!!! 15 minutes to go and I thought we had it in the bag! Then things started happening..

Still, we played a brilliant game! I was so impressed with the guys! They managed to contain ronaldinho and didn't get intimidated.. Unlucky though, really unlucky :frown:
Reply 4286
Pires looked really dejeted throughout the match after he had to be substituted out, understandably of course. I can only imagine how Lehmann must have been feeling watching the match from the dressing room.

Barca was the better team though, most would agree as well.
Reply 4287
I think the man of the match should have been Ljunberg. Don't know who got it, didn't even watch the medal presentation. I'm not even going to read all 10 pages of this thread :eek:
im so gutted, we were awesome.

wen it was 11 v 11 we were better than them, the ref should have jus let the goal stand, it would have made all the difference. Thref was generally v poor but at the end of the day it was in our hands at one up and 10 mins to go. Henry had chances he should have put away but it was one of those games. Cant blame him really although I thought he went into a sulk after gettin booked, not really the attitude you want from your captain...but its difficult to critisize.

Jus feel generally gutted, so close.......

Always next season!!! Come on Henry, put pen to paper for us son, ur our god!!
Reply 4289
O yes!!! he did look dejected and that was understandable!! I feel for them, infact I'm so gutted... I think we did a brilliant job in containing them!! If only we struck harder :frown:
Reply 4290
cbtaylor87
im so gutted, we were awesome.

wen it was 11 v 11 we were better than them, the ref should have jus let the goal stand, it would have made all the difference. Thref was generally v poor but at the end of the day it was in our hands at one up and 10 mins to go. Henry had chances he should have put away but it was one of those games. Cant blame him really although I thought he went into a sulk after gettin booked, not really the attitude you want from your captain...but its difficult to critisize.

Jus feel generally gutted, so close.......

Always next season!!! Come on Henry, put pen to paper for us son, ur our god!!

yeah, you are right.. I would have preffered the goal to stand rather than playing a man down! but we did well guys, we really did
Reply 4291
Yeah I looked at the replays, Henry shouldn't have been booked since he did make contact with the ball but that's just one of the occasional refereeing errors that you'll find. I think Larsson was a great playmaker yesterday since he set up both goals but he didn't play for very long and therefore may not have won the MotM. Eto or Eboue were fabulous for most of the match though.

Sol Campbell's goal was a classic, of course. :wink: Cheers for the man.
Reply 4292
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4992172.stm
That makes me want to cry :frown:.. He said everything just as it is!! It angers me that they had the cheek to ask about his future!!
Hopefully someone will regulate that terrible referee...
Reply 4294
For all the talk of Ronaldinho and Henry, it was the introduction of Henrik Larsson that proved decisive.

Here's a Pompey fan wishing that Henry decides to stay.
Reply 4295
Imperfections exist in every game. I wouldn't go to the extent of saying that the referee was bias, but he clearly did make several errors in terms of judgement.

It's during times like this when I wish to see Piergui Collina return to refereeing the CL Finals. :biggrin:
The ref was a Barca fan.
Reply 4297
Nutter
Imperfections exist in every game. I wouldn't go to the extent of saying that the referee was bias, but he clearly did make several errors in terms of judgement.

It's during times like this when I wish to see Piergui Collina return to refereeing the CL Finals. :biggrin:
which had an effect on the game :frown:.. I hope Henry stays!!
Reply 4298
"They did not look especially dangerous. I was confident because I know we can defend well against their style of passing." Arsene Wenger

I totally agree with that; they went on and on about Eto'o and Ronaldinho but tbh they weren't that spectacular in my opinion
Eto was man of the match I do beleive... Pity.

Latest