The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Fowler rejected his his year, but i think your right.
Barmby or That fella with the wild hair..
Reply 5201
Fafa~

Easy one, I've played for the Liverpool and the scum.

Xavier...the steriod dude!??
walshie
1st paragraph equals - not Englands problem. Ferguson shoudl have taken that into account like all managers have to when purchasing the player and paying his weekly wages. They have to accept that players will get injured, and they will play for their country. Ferguson's problem.

Nope, you don't "have" to play for your country, your contracted at your club not your country. So Ferguson is allowed to say whether or not he thinks it's sensible for Rooney to play in the world cup. Even most non-man united fans would agree to that to a certain extent.

walshie
And the last bit has little evidence. I bet it would be Geordies actually.

Lol I doubt that, Geordies and scousers wouldn't support England as much as the south does. Everyone knows that most of England's support in hindsight comes from people who support a crap club. But my logic was pointing to the fact that since Man United has the most fans in the country, whose to say they wouldn't contribute to most of England's support as well?

walshie
Arsenal - anti England? And then we have the debate which is Ferguson restricting Rooney to play for his country. Sorry, I don't see the connection.
Whether Arsenal is ant-English or not, I have never known Arsenal manager to restrict a player from playing in Africa, Europe or where ever.

I'm defending the club and the fans rather than the manager since you labelled us as being "anti-England", which as loada of shit. I don't agree with Fergusons national policies and he can come under as much criticism as he wants from the media, but I'm not taking Man United as a club to be anti-England. That's why I'm targeting you specifically since you were the only one to criticise the fans and the club itself in this thread.
Sorry, I should've made 'scum' more clearer lol, I'm talking about Manure. Clue; his name sounds like a form of measurement.
Reply 5204
Fafa~
Sorry, I should've made 'scum' more clearer lol, I'm talking about Manure. Clue; his name sounds like a form of measurement.

Paul Ince!? Unless you're not talking about manchester united now? First I thought you were talking about everton!
I did say 'Manure' in my last post :p: Yes, him. You choose a question?
Reply 5206
What team did Bobby Moore play for when he captained England to World Cup glory in 1966?
Theprince
HA HA HA
Grateful for the comments

Sorry can you remind me which legue blackburn are in?

:rolleyes:

In comment to Berbatov, i signed him on Pro Evo in my master league and he was pretty crap but Pongolle got injured so i brought him in, and he has 7 goals in the last 4 games, he has a hell of a wang from the edge of the box! :biggrin:
Reply 5208
Theprince
COME ON YOU YIDS!!!

Although we got fifth place we have the best team in the world!!
there's only two teams in london, tottenham and tottenham reserves

Two questions who should we Sign this summer

and

And the england team selcetions??

my opinion
Sign- van nisstory gareth Barry wesley sniejer

MY formation for enlgland team

lol
GK ENGLANDS NO1 ENGLANDS ENGLANDS NO1 Pual robinson
DR huddlestone
DL DODGY gardner
DC DEADLY leadly
DC DAWSON wiht the funny face
MC JERMAN JENAS
MC CARRICK -"who's GERRad"
ML AARON LENNON da pace of the boy
MR DEAN MARNEY WHAT A GOALLLLLLLLL111
FC JERMANIN DEFOE
FC KEANO KEANO i know he's irish but who cares

kool

da prince
WHO WOULD WANNA MAKE CHANGES TO THIS ENGLAND TEAM IN GERMANY
lol

:hahaha:...

Your team has been in Arsenal's Shadow for almost a century.. Live with it
Byronic

Of course he will play for England, but the 2006 World Cup is one competition and Rooney will play in many. If however, he is taken to the World Cup and Eriksson plays him, thus resulting in an injury that ends his career you can just shove your little pseudo-patriotic anecdote up your arse. To think, it's the clubs that nurtures these players into international quality and you turn around and say they have no right to defend their investments. I'm afraid it is you that has illustrated how much you know, or lack thereof.

Unless you hadn't noticed, football is a business and Rooney is contracted to Man UTD. It is well within their interests to make sure he only competes when he is fit and that includes at international level.

He had a broken toe, it's not life threatening and there's no way it would end his career to relapse.

Should Everton have a say in whether he goes to the World Cup? They found him, they brought him up, they put him in the first team, they made him into a £27m player. The answer is NO, because clubs should have absolutely no say in any matters concerning international football. People associated with club football have proved themselves to be money grubbing, selfish, egocentric ******s who only look out for themselves. Well football isn't about the self either in physical or philosophical terms. It is about a team, a group working together. In playing for your country you play for every person in that country. International football isn't a business, you don't play for bonuses or 3 points, you play for the pride and glory that comes with knowing you've done your country justice and made them proud (incidentally, something those jock monkeys up north wouldn't understand).

Sharpshooter

Close to being rasict I guess.

I didn't realise 'Scottish' had been designated a race. I thought they were part of this country as well. Nor did I realise nationality = race. Here was me thinking Scottish people descended from the same white race as me, but hey, Sharpshooter in his infinite wisdom has played the race card where it simply doesn't belong. It doesn't even qualify as xenophobic as Scotland is a constituent country of the UK, a greater country. Me calling that **** a sweaty red nosed alcoholic jock equates to me calling Steve Bruce a bent nosed, fat, pug faced ugly Geordie waste of semen.
Your team has been in Arsenal's Shadow for almost a century.. Live with it

Yeah like when we were the first team to do the double in the 20th century, and first British team to win a European trophy. And we still have more European trophies than you.
West Ham.

Who am I? I scored the first ever World Cup golden goal.
Reply 5212
Laurent Blanc

I am the only manager to win the CL with 2 different clubs. Who am I?
Reply 5213
*raises hand* woo 3 of us

you may like this..http://www.seaton-uk.com/float2.html

apparently they want people to learn the words to sing it on matchdays
Reply 5214
bushboy
Yeah like when we were the first team to do the double in the 20th century, and first British team to win a European trophy. And we still have more European trophies than you.

How many times have you done the double since then?...

Europe? :rofl:.. When last did you win a trophy even..

We have MORE league wins than you, + more FA cup wins.. You have always been behind Arsenal and that is where you belong :smile:
ba_ba1
Laurent Blanc

I am the only manager to win the CL with 2 different clubs. Who am I?

Ottmar Hitzfeld (Dortmund 1997 and Bayern Munich 2001) Champions League

HOWEVER

Ernst Happel (Feyenoord Rotterdam 1970, Hamburg 1983) but this was the old CL the european cup.

Am I right?
I am not sure. I dont have it if there is. Sorry. But its a bit of fun, Sorry if its annoyed you
Ottmar Hitzfeld (Ersnt Happel won it twice as European Cup)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernst_Happel
Another family in football - Eidur Gudjohnsen and his father, Arnór. Then you have John Terry with his brother Paul. :biggrin:

Anyway, Baggio - legend. Now I know who I resemble most. :p:
*waits for the UEFA Cup value argument to come in*

Latest