The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6040
gas_panic!
No the supporters say we CAN win it everytime. Not we WILL. This season Joe Cole has pissed all over c. ronaldo. fact. Our defence is one of the best if not the best in the competition, as is our midfield- why can't we win it. Only Brazil have a better squad.

Talking about who has the best squad is a little pointless since everyone will have their own opinion about which squad is better. When you live in England, theres more coverage of the English players and that leads alot of people into thinking they are the best or only the 2nd best to Brazil. We hear it so many times!

Besides the game is not played on paper and i think recent results internationally and in europe show this. England may have a great midfield on paper but its the same midfield that got outplayed by Argentina, France and Portugal.
justfarhan

Crouch to be top scorer of the tournament &/or top scorer and England to win

Bet of the WC that, got him at 75/1 and hes down to 44/1 now.
justfarhan

Germany/England/Sweden/Argentina/Portugal/Italy to all win their first matches.

Also a great bet, will be sticking money on that.

Few more im looking at..
Podolski top goalscorer- this lad is **** hot, watch him break on the scene this WC
Henry top goalscorer- With Frances group, you cant go wrong with a bet on him. His odds are around 16/1 last time i looked(i think)
Holland not to qualify from group stage
Chelsea to 'score' the most out of every club- With Ballack,Shev,Drogba,Terry,Lampard,Robben
calderstonesLFC
Chelsea to 'score' the most out of every club- With Ballack,Shev,Drogba,Terry,Lampard,Robben

Depending on Rooney, I think United might 'score' the most with Rooney, Ronaldo, van Nistelrooy, et al.
Reply 6043
Apparantly you could get Luca Toni at 80/1 earlier in the season! I'd be happy with that.
I've seen Cristiano Ronaldo at 65/1 for top scorer which i was very tempted by - he scores lots for Portugal (sadly less for united) and Portugal have got Iran in their group who are surely ripe for a pounding. What do you reckon to my bet of Messi for player of the tournament at 20/1? I think its got a pretty good chance. Keept the tips coming, i could be persuaded to part with another tenner. :smile:
calderstonesLFC
Bet of the WC that, got him at 75/1 and hes down to 44/1 now.

Also a great bet, will be sticking money on that.

Few more im looking at..
Podolski top goalscorer- this lad is **** hot, watch him break on the scene this WC
Henry top goalscorer- With Frances group, you cant go wrong with a bet on him. His odds are around 16/1 last time i looked(i think)
Holland not to qualify from group stage

Crouch to be top scorer is not 'bet of the WC'. No chance especially considering he is very unlikely to play all our matches

Podolski is not a bad shout but I dont think Germany will go far enough

Henry not a bad bet. Never been at his best for France though and France have been poor lately

Not sure Holland will qualify either

Chelsea to score most goals must be a good bet, what are the odds?
Its been 40 years since england won the world cup.

This is creating more false hope. Psycological really
So i pleased you on 4/5 of my tips..Im finally doing something right :smile:
I think, if crouch can get himself a few during the group stages when he will definetly be starting he is definetly in for a shout. He is excellent coming of the bench to, and could grab some from the bench.
Henry does tend to shy for France, but they have Togo,Switzerland and someone else. If he cant score a bucketful there..
Im not sure about Chelsea odds as i havent checked.
Drazen2007
And the fact that they still cling on to to the '66 victory (the 'Two World Wars and One World Cup' thing) is ridiculous. England euphoria is driven by this national pride that clings to the past.

Two world wars and one World Cup!

You cheese eating surrender monkey.
France are weird though, Cisse was their top scorer in qualifying with a whopping.... 4 goals :confused:
Definitely not, I support Newcastle!!!!!!

Roeder's already managed many top clubs anyway, its different. Southgate has no experience, and they should have known that it would cause a saga.
Reply 6050
I'm looking at England to win + owen top scorer @ 40/1 or England to win + Crouch top scorer @ 100/1!
Might have to go for one of those.
jose
I'm looking at England to win + owen top scorer @ 40/1 or England to win + Crouch top scorer @ 100/1!
Might have to go for one of those.

I've never ever put money on my own club or country, because if they don't win then you lose your money and its a double blow. Like I put a bet on France to beat England in Euro 2004, and although it hurt like a stake through the heart when they beat us, my bank balance was nicely increased lol.
Reply 6052
Have any of you won decent amounts in the past (not just on World Cups)?
Also, has anyone found a really good free bet/double money offer for registering online? Where have you found the England/Portugal/Italy/Brazil all to win first games bets?
If Costa Rica come from behind at half time to beat Germany tomorrow, I will be buying drinks all night... and probably for the next 20 years or so.
no.1toonfan
Definitely not, I support Newcastle!!!!!!

Roeder's already managed many top clubs anyway, its different. Southgate has no experience, and they should have known that it would cause a saga.

managed 'many' top [league] clubs, which are these then? So besides from managing West Ham, we have whom? :wink:

As for experience, don't go insulting Southgate. He's played for a good number of clubs, at varying levels, he's been an England International, he's an intelligent bloke...harboured management ambitions for some time now, he'll have schooled himself in what is necessary for successful management, he'll have been helped along the way [particularly in the last 2-3 seasons] by club and country experiences. So, on this particular basis/argument of a lacking of experience, i think you're woefully judging the situation at hand. Admittedly, Roeder has had quite a wealth of experience, i.e academy work, some smaller clubs prior to West Ham if i recollect correctly, but saying Southgate as having no experience, not only stupidly absolutist but significantly, wholly incorrect.
Reply 6055
lol, yeah i've already covered that angle by betting on Argentina to win! I'll never forget feeling crushed in 98 but if they won i'd pocket £90.
Reply 6056
I want England to win it by playing excellent football. I want a fantastic world cup that I can sit down on a sunny evening and watch from the edge of my seat.

The last world cup was great - I liked the morning games, but I live about a minute away from a pub so I may need to pull on an england shirt and join the fun this time. It gets almost everybody in a great mood and pulls people together (apart from the odd racist ******s) so just sit back and enjoy it.
jose
Also, has anyone found a really good free bet/double money offer for registering online? Where have you found the England/Portugal/Italy/Brazil all to win first games bets?

I won £81 during Euro 2004 after backing Baros to win the Golden Boot. I rarely bet, so I consider that a decent amount :biggrin:
I've put a couple of quid on Jared Borgetti to win the Golden Boot this time around at 50/1. He scored 14 goals in qualifying, Mexico play very attacking football and they're up against Angola, Iran and Portugal. It could happen...
jose

Havent won big amounts on football but won £500 on a tennis match last week. Partly the reason im having £100 on England

Latest