The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6360
Having read this on Portugal v Angola i'm thinking lots of goals and lots of cards:
"This may not be a game for the faint-hearted. The last time these two sides met five years ago, the game was abandoned 20 minutes from the end with Portugal leading 5-1 after their opponents had four players sent off"

I still think C.Ronaldo is good value for the Golden boot at 100/1 on bet365. He scores lots for Portugal - averaging 1 in 3
I was browsing the Bet365 site...and was looking at the odds for tonight's Portugal match...what is this Double Chance thing..? Angola or Portugal with odds of 1.16...?

:confused:
Reply 6362
I'll win £96 if Portugal win later. Put £27 on a treble of Holland, Mexico and Portugal to win. I hope Angola don't ruin it for me!

What do you reckon to tomorrow's matches? I can't decide between Japan and Australia. Might do a treble on Australia/Japan to draw, Czech Republic and Italy to win. What do you think?
Mark Lawrenson is great. He's a bit like Wrighty in many respects in that he states what he thinks. If the ref is bad - Mark will say it, whilst Motty (who needs to move on as he's getting like Murray Walker towards the end of his career) will try to be all PC about it.

- Lineker
- Lawro
- Wrighty
- Dixon
- Hansen
The above all deserve to be there.

- Shearer I'm not sure on.

- Martin O'Neil - shambolic. Stutters and is painfully slow.
Original post by G&#949
I was browsing the Bet365 site...and was looking at the odds for tonight's Portugal match...what is this Double Chance thing..? Angola or Portugal with odds of 1.16...?

:confused:

It means you win if either Angola or Portugal win...

If they draw you lose. Simple as.
Reply 6365
Dixon?! Are you kidding? The man is useless. He is a narrator not a pundit, he just says the blindingly obvious. He and Tony Adams come out with things like "they'll be disappointed to go behind" - No **** sherlock.
He sounds awfully depressed at the moment doesn't he?
Biffy Clyro
It means you win if either Angola or Portugal win...

If they draw you lose. Simple as.

Oh cool... :smile:
He even gets booed when he comes onto the pitch. Many feel he only gets picked by playing for a team who is bound for many honours without too much competition.

I never understand why he gets picked. Would have had Parker over Hargreaves myself.
Reply 6369
Well, IIRC Sven played Carragher for 1 match in that role to see if he was a suitable replacement for Hargreaves, so maybe he was hoping Carragher could take that role from him?

I agree he should have taken another (proven) striker though.
Phil.
I agree he should have taken another (proven) striker though.

Agreed.
NDGAARONDI
Agreed.

Yep. 4 strikers we have, two of them aren't match fit, and one of those hasn't played a match for a good while. Eriksson is a fool.
BTW do online bettings like Bet365, etc accept Debit Card Visa Electrons..?
Reply 6373
yes.

i've won £10 on mexico, £400 on nadal, and if portugal can hold out for 5 more minutes, £10 off them too today.
Sorry to be a pain...but would someone explain how online betting basically works..?

Is it like...you make a bet...money gets taken from your bank account...you win...they put your winnings back into your bank account...if you lose you get nothing..?

Anything I should know about..? Fees, etc?
Reply 6375
'fees' very. the reputable bookmakers generally have none, but betting exchanges like betfair will take a % of your winnings (but you'll get better odds)

you deposit money into your betting account from your bank, then withdraw it when you want. i always withdraw it instantly, to stop me making a bet on the spur of the moment...
What are some of the good bets at the moment...? Any advice..? :frown:
Reply 6377
what? you mean live bets?

don't rush into it, wait for the bets to come to you. at the present moment, there's no live bets i'm remotely interested in. there's nothing even attractive tomorrow (in the world cup) imo. i am liking some of the elimination bets though, if you don't mind typing your money up for a few days. maybe... ghana and saudi arabia to go out in the group stage? no huge return though...
Portugal vs. Angola...??
So far in this World Cup I've made three bets, using the only £17.50 that I have :eek:

£5 on for Klose to be top scorer @ 20/1
£4.50 for HT & FT Portugal [v Angola] @ 4/5
£8 on for Portugal (-1 goal) @ Evens

At the moment, Klose is joint top scorer and Portugal are beating Angola 1-0 at half time.

I wouldn't be stupid to say that with my £17.50, I'll end up with £124.01p.

LOLZZZ. Farhan teh betting champion!112 Heh. :elefant:

Latest