The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7140
LOL!!! Now that WILL work :p:
jeff's_dead
I can think of a few England players who have had many worse games than Hargreaves. But nobody calls for them to be banished from the country.

Problem is, although Hargreaves doesnt have any bad games, he doesnt have any spectacular games. At least most players who have a crap day, have a great day, but he's just the same every game for England. This is his big day to show he can be a great player in his position.
Reply 7142
That would be Emmanuel Adebayor by any chance?..

Yeah, putting it that way, I see what you mean. However, diving even without appealing could be seen as deceptive by the ref because, he could have blown thinking it was a genuine foul?
^ Who's the dude in your avatar?
justfarhan
^ Who's the dude in your avatar?

Kim Jong Il, the North Korean dictator.
I see :wink:
dimexi
That would be Emmanuel Adebayor by any chance?..

Yeah, putting it that way, I see what you mean. However, diving even without appealing could be seen as deceptive by the ref because, he could have blown thinking it was a genuine foul?

Na Adebayor didnt get booked for diving, his was a blatant penalty.
Reply 7147
olliemccowan
Na Adebayor didnt get booked for diving, his was a blatant penalty.

If the ref didnt give the penalty, then he should really have booked Adebayor (under the assumption that he dived)
dimexi
If the ref didnt give the penalty, then he should really have booked Adebayor (under the assumption that he dived)

Yes he should have booked him if he dived, but you could just tell he didnt dive, he was so angry when the ref didn't give it; when normally they just get up and walk off when they know they dived.
Reply 7149
Apparantly, if England win 2:0 and T&T win 1:0, everyting is the same between Sweden and T&T. If this happens, lots will have to be drawn by an FA official to deceide who goes through the next round! How can such an important descision be decided by luck? I mean, even a penalty shootout would be better.
I hope for both teams involved, this scenario does not happen!
That's pretty unfair.
There used to be something like 10 million jewish people in Poland before the holocaust, they made up something like 30-40% of the popullation. After the holocaust there where only an estimated 180,000–240,000 survivers. They are now a small minority since many choose to go to Israel after ww2 and others left in the 60's due to communist led racism in then communist poland.

There are now about 10,000-20,000 jewish people in poland. The number fell by as much as 99.9% in a matter of 20 years.

There are also a lot of Jewish people in Ethiopia and Russia, in the last decade over 1 million Russians have moved to Israel, along with the Russian mafia :tongue:
olliemccowan
Problem is, although Hargreaves doesnt have any bad games, he doesnt have any spectacular games. At least most players who have a crap day, have a great day, but he's just the same every game for England. This is his big day to show he can be a great player in his position.

But his job isn't to have spectacular games. He is there to break up attacks, keep the ball moving and protect the defence - all things he does very well.

Owen Hargreaves
When I've played from the beginning for England I've always played well but I've not really had the chance to play for 90 minutes since the last World Cup. It's difficult when you come on for 20 minutes. You're not there to score a home run. You're not there to score a goal. You're there to make sure the team is successful.

"On Saturday I came on at 1-0 and the game finished 1-0, and that's my job. I'm not in there to spray balls with the outside of the boot and do step-overs. That's not my game. I'm there to win tackles, lay it off and make the game easier for the team. That's what I bring and I hope to bring it in the coming games as well.".
Source: http://football.guardian.co.uk/worldcup2006/story/0,,1797020,00.html
Yeh had not thought of that. Knowing FIFA, it would probably come down to who had the most corners or something.
Reply 7154
An unlikely scenario but certainly not a very fitting way to decide qualification!
*titanium*

There are also a lot of Jewish people in Ethiopia and Russia, in the last decade over 1 million Russians have moved to Israel, along with the Russian mafia :tongue:

Russian Mafia a bit of a rumour.
Know lots of people in Israel myself, and some, well lets say control much of the major towns. They are Russian as well as Israeli, but they are certainly not mafia. In fact big crime in Israel is rather friendly. Bemusing to say the least. My best mate introduced me to some heads, and I was expecting something completely different to nice ordinary people :rolleyes:
Reply 7156
lolcano
Lennon to start, because he is god.

Thanks! Although he is a small one. If he could improve his crossing a little he will easily be one of our best players in the next world cup, definitely contolling the right side!
AYE
If he's smart, he would not want to ruin his career, plus hes so young why would he want to stay on the bench.

couldn't agree more! only difference is his wages!
Reply 7158
Omg! I can't believe this! Someone gave me a red gem for this thread! Sheesh!
Reply 7159
SFC_FOREVER!
Yeh had not thought of that. Knowing FIFA, it would probably come down to who had the most corners or something.

I didn;t know that, but 5live is the source of all knowledge! They've mentioned it twice now.

Latest