The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hmm a replacement eh, wot bout sum guy called phillippe senderos?
I can see it now. Johnson / Campbell partnership at the back, Jefferson Farfan tearing defences apart up front, Petrov pulling the strings in midfield.

:love:

We're going to Europe.
Good riddence. Far to slow and clumsy these days.

We will miss the Sol of the old days but not the one who was poor all last year and walked out on us
Reply 8803
good hes going hes crap.
Reply 8804
Maybe that's good for us. He missed a lot of the season, and wasn't playing that great. Plus, he's getting old and we need a young centre back.
Hmm..i dunno what to think of it to be honest. He was on his way out anyway but i would have like to have seen him at the arse for another season, for a proper farewell.

regards
--marty
Reply 8806
xavier2k3
Hmm..i dunno what to think of it to be honest. He was on his way out anyway but i would have like to have seen him at the arse for another season, for a proper farewell.

regards
--marty

Ditto. It just seems a bit sudden. Doesn;'t allow the arsenal fans to say bye to him. A bit selfish really.
Onearmedbandit
One thing I'm sick of is attackers not getting the benefit of the doubt with offside decisions

Says a striker. :rolleyes: :p:
Is it me or is there the impression that people are perhaps not very considerate of Sol's previous services? He may be past it but at least show some gratitude.
I'm sure nobody would mind the game having more goals! So long as it is fair, which it would be.
Onearmedbandit
I'm sure nobody would mind the game having more goals!

Goalkeepers and the defence? :p:
NDGAARONDI
Is it me or is there the impression that people are perhaps not very considerate of Sol's previous services? He may be past it but at least show some gratitude.

It's just you... the bloke is getting paid an awful lot each week to play for the club, and it's hardly decent of him to literally pick up and leave when he hits a dry patch regarding form, it doesn't reflect Campbell in a particularly good light.
white_haired_wizard
It's just you... the bloke is getting paid an awful lot each week to play for the club, and it's hardly decent of him to literally pick up and leave when he hits a dry patch regarding form, it doesn't reflect Campbell in a particularly good light.

Ah yes but a lot of players get paid an awful lot...

It doesn't bother me personally. The Italian situations bothers me more...
NDGAARONDI
Ah yes but a lot of players get paid an awful lot...

It doesn't bother me personally. The Italian situations bothers me more...

I don't know much about Sol but isn't he getting into the celebrity game now? i.e. 'acting', his cameo in 'Footballer's Wives' - celeb girlfriends include Martina Hingis, amongst other famous women....has he gone all celeb on us, and neglecting his footballing roots??? can this explain his 'seeking new challenges'??? If his heart isn't in the game, maybe he should get out, whilst he has at least some dignity...rather than say, being made a laughing stock of, when he's not in particularly good form, and being turned over week in week out in the portsmouth defence :biggrin:
i dont think he'll move to turkey! :s: i'll remember him for the penalty which resulted from his challenge on rooney! :p: :ninja:

good player, but i think he does need a change
decola
Actually the standard ban is for 1 match, not 2.

In the premiership the standard ban is two matches.... You get a 1 match ban for two yellow cards.

In the world cup it was one, because it was a shorter tournament.

Andy Todd got a 3 match ban for a headbutt, so Rooney can count himself lucky...
Reply 8816
I do think he deserves it, and this has nothing to do with Ronaldo because as the referee said, Rooney was sent off for "violent play" i.e. the stamp and generally being very brash, instead of that push on Ronaldo. He wasn't looking at Carvalaho which means that hitting the groin area probably wasn't intentional, but the very action of stamping was uncalled for, and certainly deliberate.
Reply 8817
ciderpeter
In the premiership the standard ban is two matches.... You get a 1 match ban for two yellow cards.

In the world cup it was one, because it was a shorter tournament.

Andy Todd got a 3 match ban for a headbutt, so Rooney can count himself lucky...

3 matches is standard ban for a red card in the Premiership. Usually they are eligible for the game after the card, then banned for the 3 games after that.
caw123
He stamped on a guy he wasn't even looking at! The ban should have been removed altogether.

Ronaldo and Henry however, should be banned for acting. Ie. this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTGfyV_mgUk&search=henry%20dive

that's rubbish frankly, there's something called peripheral vision, knowing he was being tackled from behind, just because his face was in a different direction, it doesn't mean he doesn't know someone and his genitalia are behind in....

It was a deliberate stamp, and a strong one, not a light one...had it been a simple placing of the foot on the ground, with no real exertions, sure, maybe a yellow or no card at all, but it was blatantly deliberate...he's got lucky with just 2 games suspended IMO. I'm a Man United fan, a big Rooney fan, dislike Ronaldo quite a bit, and have done for a good while, and i don't really see that Ronaldo did much wrong in that game with England, sure he cheats, dives, goes to ground too easily, but he was standing up for his team, in that context, had an england teammate being stamped on in the balls, i'm sure Rooney would have protested on the unfortunate teammates behalf....
they tried playing two refs in a friendly once, needless to say it didnt work, too many conflicting opinions, footballs not a democracy :p: but i agree a video ref would be a good idea

Latest