The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

mc_watson87
lol

I`m just hanging in for another bull****ty response by Klinsmannic...
white_haired_wizard
you two are like two peas in a pod.....a pod resembling the greatest of stupidity.

see below

Car crash, i had just mentioned that his son had died in a car crash, either a car crash or a motorcycle accident, i then went on to say, Garranchas life was like a car crash, full of incident, and many not so pleasant incidents. You`re slow on the uptake arent you.

I understand that you tried to make a witty comment but you said:
'Garrincha led an absolute car crash, ooops sorry (car crash...) of a life.'

Why did you have to put it in brackets with the '...' aswell? We got the pun the first time round.

I will flame people when they label me a feminist, the guy, the OP, was downright aggressive in his post towards me, and my post in no way warranted aggression and the tone of his post he directed towards me and my comments...he was the one abusively flaming and acting like a maniac.

You seem to be extremely passionate against treating women as objects, yet you find being called a feminist outrageous. Feminism proposed gender equality, so your reaction to being called a feminist is contradictory.

I suggest you start reading through threads and posts more thoroughly to get a grasp of what is being posted, and the nature of the posting. Then come back to me, and inform me as to who initiated this so called `flaming´ and `maniac` behaviour...

You started it by saying 'so masturbating over the fella as a legend on and off the pitch, dont count your chickens'. This is pretty hostile, however much you claim not to have instigated the exchange of insults.
if you got the pun first time around, then why ask me to explain about it....
also, in case you `didn´t get it`, and judging by your crappy posts, who can blame me for pointing the pun out to you?

Many people would find Garranchas behaviour and treatment of women as pretty despicable, but such a culture appears to go hand in hand with Brazilian footballing past....you`ve also said his behaviour was not role-modellish and you would probably go along with what ive said and the strength of my opinion about the objectification, but then you`d be this so-called `feminist` too. If im a feminist for posting in such a manner, then many others too will be called feminists, you too are seemingly, as you dont appreciate his messing around, extra maritals, as youve said, he was no role model off the pitch...so hello feminist :wink:

As to you quoting my masturbating comment, how is that hostile...maybe if i had employed the descriptive `bastard` and not `fella`, maybe then it could be interpreted as a hostile comment....but again, you spin things out of all proportion....is fella a hostile word in your dictionary??

i was being aggressively inflamed by the OP, under no circumstances were i to him, i was merely defending myself (in my second post) to his aggressive attacks to my first post on this thread.

You spin things to ridiculous extents, ive dismissed your `arguments` will absolute ease and i see no point in this thread being bent any further than it has already.

I`m off for the night, mainly to read some feminist literature before i go to bed :rolleyes:

You`re both full of crap :smile:

EDIT. My neg rep for my initial post from earlier, has somehow evaporated into thin air and is now replaced with a green rep...i`m glad you`ve seen sense.
white_haired_wizard
if you got the pun first time around, then why ask me to explain about it....
also, in case you `didn´t get it`, and judging by your crappy posts, who can blame me for pointing the pun out to you?

You have avoided my point twice now. I asked you why you wrote '(car crash...)' immediately after you said 'Garrincha led an absolute car crash'.

Many people would find Garranchas behaviour and treatment of women as pretty despicable, but such a culture appears to go hand in hand with Brazilian footballing past....you`ve also said his behaviour was not role-modellish and you would probably go along with what ive said and the strength of my opinion about the objectification, but then you`d be this so-called `feminist` too. If im a feminist for posting in such a manner, then many others too will be called feminists, you too are seemingly, as you dont appreciate his messing around, extra maritals, as youve said, he was no role model off the pitch...so hello feminist :wink:

Again, you have avoided my point. Your reaction to being called a feminist contradicted your vehemently held belief that women should not be objects. It doesn't matter what my beliefs are, I could be Germaine Greer's biggest fan, but I won't contradict myself- at the very least I'll try and find out what a word means before I over-react and call people '**** pricks'.

As to you quoting my masturbating comment, how is that hostile...maybe if i had employed the descriptive `bastard` and not `fella`, maybe then it could be interpreted as a hostile comment....but again, you spin things out of all proportion....is fella a hostile word in your dictionary??

You may aswell have called us gay 'wa****s'. You can't control how others will interpret your language, which makes what you've written above redundant.

i was being aggressively inflamed by the OP, under no circumstances were i to him, i was merely defending myself (in my second post) to his aggressive attacks to my first post on this thread.

Your reaction was disproportionate. Instead of insulting people, why not discuss your issues?

You spin things to ridiculous extents, ive dismissed your `arguments` will absolute ease and i see no point in this thread being bent any further than it has already.

I`m off for the night, mainly to read some feminist literature before i go to bed :rolleyes:

You`re both full of crap :smile:

I usually like to make a point before I close an argument.
I know the standard of debate is lower than D&D, but I expected something better than this.
THE MIGHTY REDS!

any liverpool supporters out there pre-ordered the new shirt? don't really like it that much but thinking of getting it soon anyway. :smile:
We're going to have to end this at some point.

It was a pun, you realized it was, i made sure the reader 'got it', and i had no intentions to be condescending and it didnt come across as such. You keep banging on about the pun now, yet its a non-issue, so why keep going on about this?

Gay what? I referred to Garrincha as 'fella', this isnt a hostile description...how can this be read as anything other than a rather civil referral to Garrincha? All this 'dictacting other peoples perceptions of language is impossible, redundant et cetera' - or however you phrased it....fella is fella, and only fella, how can any perceptions of it being a word of hostility be derived from reading it?? :confused:

i have liberal opinions regarding women, women rights, but they are by no means staunch ones. To get a greater grasp of my perspective on equal rights et cetera, you could delve into my history of posting, look at the 'Equal Pay at Wimbledon' thread for instance, then get back to me and tell me what a feminist i am :rolleyes: I certainly do not hold strong feminist perspectives, my views dont warrant this 'you feminist' tagging, something the OP called me, with negative connotations attached to it with the tone he employed concretely suggesting such a direction of connotation...i dont feel ashamed of holding certain liberal perspectives regarding issues surrounding/effecting women, but i wouldnt label myself a feminist for it resembles a strong depth to perspective that i dont possess, not even close to possessing...

insults? "wow, you read one chapter of it". Im sure i could find various other tones of language et al of yours, so you're by no means angelic on this insulting language basis.

It seems we're going to have to agree to disagree, on what exactly, god knows, you have spun various statements and played around with non-issues for crazy lengths of time....It's the first time ive been in confrontation with you and for that matter with the other 'fella' (sorry if that insults :rolleyes: ), and im pretty disappointed with the nature of your arguments, the quality of them, how you convey them, et al.....

Regards
WhiteHairedWizard
It was a pun, you realized it was, i made sure the reader 'got it', and i had no intentions to be condescending and it didnt come across as such. You keep banging on about the pun now, yet its a non-issue, so why keep going on about this?

Because I was called stupid for pointing out, that, for some reason you'd used the same pun twice in the same sentence.

Gay what? I referred to Garrincha as 'fella', this isnt a hostile description...how can this be read as anything other than a rather civil referral to Garrincha? All this 'dictacting other peoples perceptions of language is impossible, redundant et cetera' - or however you phrased it....fella is fella, and only fella, how can any perceptions of it being a word of hostility be derived from reading it?? :confused:

'so masturbating over the fella as a legend on and off the pitch'... Generally people don't say this when they disagree with an opinion. By anyone's standards this has derogetory connotations.

i have liberal opinions regarding women, women rights, but they are by no means staunch ones. To get a greater grasp of my perspective on equal rights et cetera, you could delve into my history of posting, look at the 'Equal Pay at Wimbledon' thread for instance, then get back to me and tell me what a feminist i am :rolleyes: I certainly do not hold strong feminist perspectives, my views dont warrant this 'you feminist' tagging, something the OP called me, with negative connotations attached to it with the tone he employed concretely suggesting such a direction of connotation...i dont feel ashamed of holding certain liberal perspectives regarding issues surrounding/effecting women, but i wouldnt label myself a feminist for it resembles a strong depth to perspective that i dont possess, not even close to possessing...

You can hold whatever opinions you want: i'm just highlighting how you contradicted yourself. 'dont ever call me a ****ing feminist again, you prick' this kind of response to an issue which you have vehemently supported in this thread is what I'm picking you up on. Feminism pursues gender equality. On one hand you said women should not be treated as objects, yet on the other you aggressively objected to being called a feminist.

insults? "wow, you read one chapter of it". Im sure i could find various other tones of language et al of yours, so you're by no means angelic on this insulting language basis.

You're clutching at straws here. Numerous times in this thread you have used expletives, albeit blanked out. You earlier said you were waiting for a 'bull*****y' response from me. You have also called me 'stupid'. I haven't resorted to name calling, it's childish.

It seems we're going to have to agree to disagree, on what exactly, god knows, you have spun various statements and played around with non-issues for crazy lengths of time....It's the first time ive been in confrontation with you and for that matter with the other 'fella' (sorry if that insults :rolleyes: ), and im pretty disappointed with the nature of your arguments, the quality of them, how you convey them, et al.....

Do you often act like this in first 'confrontations'?

Again, you're trying to put the spotlight on me. If it wasn't for your mis-use of the English language we wouldn't be here. Without sounding patronising, I suggest you mellow your responses, and stay consistent in an argument.

Kind regards,
Klins
am i the only Leicester fan here? :biggrin: haha dont blame ya! :biggrin:
Reply 9508
updated!

dh00001
am i the only Leicester fan here? :biggrin: haha dont blame ya! :biggrin:

its all about representing!
Manchester United :biggrin:
Again, the pun is a non-issue, and i didnt repeat the pun in the same sentence. As already explained, i used brackets for (car crash...) so as to point out the pun in case some people didnt `get it`, there was no repetition of the pun, but simply a confirmation there was one...i have already explained this in one of my previous posts. Yet im in the position where im being asked to explain things AGAIN.

"....masturbating over the fella...." - there was no intentions for a hostility in this words representation/employment, there was no aggression, yet i believe you to pick up on it because you are the one clutching at straws because your arguments are absurdly poor. Again, "masturbating over the bastard....." would sound out as aggressive, but when the word `fella` is involved, such a word doesnt go hand in hand with aggression....and such a sentence doesnt either.

As for holding some views regarding gender equality, im not contradicting myself at all when saying, although certainly not ashamed or embarrassed to hold some liberal views on issues regarding women, i dont consider myself a feminist. Feminism pursues many a thing, as ive discussed in a previous post, there are depths to it, pursuits for greater equalities on many fronts, but my opinions regarding such issues are certainly not of a radical kind, with no particular depth to them - my views do not warrant a `you feminist` tagging, and i would not consider myself a feminist purely because i hold certain views regarding womens rights - as ive previously invited you to, go and have a look at my posting history and look at the `Equal Pay at Wimbledon` thread. Then come back to me and decide for myelf whether i`m a feminist :rolleyes: Again, im repeating myself just to get points through to you, again....

Mis-use of the English language? Invisible to me, that. My arguments have been coherent and consistent thorughout, and maybe you should google `derogatory`.

You`re not reading my posts, you`re spinning things repetitively....and you consistently choose to go on with non-issues....ones which i have already explained and given my position on in (a) previous post(s).

Regards
WHW:
The results of the appeals show what a pathetic nonce this footballing scandal has been.
Points made thread closed
Everything!!

Okay in light of the announcement made in About. Please post your ideas for a name for the Football Forum. I am not saying that it will change but you never know.
"Football Forum"

Ps, where you been? :eek:
dan
"Football Forum"

Ps, where you been? :eek:

Liverpool a little longer than expected.

As for your suggestion I think its brill!! :p:
Yeah I wouldn't see a need to change it? If people try to come up with clever names for forums surely it just becomes ambiguous and new people get confused where to post what lol.
Alex Mann
Yeah I wouldn't see a need to change it? If people try to come up with clever names for forums surely it just becomes ambiguous and new people get confused where to post what lol.

You would be surprised at how many people post Football related topics in the main sports forum. LOL:p:
On the pitch. Something like that.

:stupido2:
Cindy
You would be surprised at how many people post Football related topics in the main sports forum. LOL:p:

Hehe yeah. But I think some people are just thick. :biggrin: Only way you could make it more obvious if you put flashing neon lights around it. :tsr2:

Latest