The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Chelsea didnt really get going till they scored.
Phonics, read the rest of the thread you troll. You know perfectly well it is awful to stick in oar into a thread you haven't read and I've certainly dealt with every point.

cider, this is nothing to do with one game or the other. A game should stop when injury appears to have happened. To do otherwise puts the person who could be injured at risk.

That is fundamental, basic and the matter at hand. Everything else is a strawman.

Read the website I have linked to get a fuller understanding of fallacies in debate. Phonics, I imagine you need to revise that stuff for your exams so you have a look too :wink:
You make it sound like a life or death situation... The whole future of the human race didnt depend on whether the ball was put out or not and likewise neither did Eboue's playing career, in a situation with any injury - one minute will not make that much difference...

Phonics is correct in what he says and everybody except Arsenal fans knows it... we also all know if any other team did it to Arsenal there wouldnt be this much fuss, but they can't bare to be "done" by their biggest rivals so they are making a fuss about it as if Arsenal deserved more than the point they got... They deserved less, count yourselves lucky...
In sport, injuries happen. When they do, time matters. The moment injuries look like they could be happening, you stop play, you tend to the people who could be hurt.

How long is long enough to leave people in pain? 30 seconds? A minute? Ten? 20? An hour?

I don't really care what everyone else thinks. I know that the welfare, health and safety of human beings is more important than how a game progresses. If you value a game over the health and safety of people, that is your loss. I think that is sick.
wife beater and kid beater, what more could you want?
Reply 1165
walshie
Cisse is a good player. But Liverpool are able to play hoof football so that Crouch can get his giraffe neck on to the ball.

Put ball to feet, and Cisse is a lot more class than the majority of his forwarding line up. Robbie is an intelligent player. Morientes is also good, but better at holding up balls and scoring with head. Crouch is good at making a nuisance of himself. But Cisse is a technically gifted player IMO whom hasn't reached his potential :smile:

Pascal Cygan - he's in the premership and having a larf!

I'd say Cisse has been far more effective for us when played on the right and we've used the ball over the top to him. Play it into his feet and his first touch is so bad that his second touch is usually a tackle. He also doesn't have the intellegent movement to create space for others often enough. Anyway, a little bit of effort isn't too much to ask for in an fa cup semi final is it? Even Morientes (who has equally been a major dissapointment) was putting in the effort, trying to win headers, making tackles, closing defenders down. Cisse did **** all.

No doubt he'll do a Forlan and live upto his hype elsewhere but for Liverpool he has been nothing short of a complete disaster.
calderstonesLFC
Deary me. No-one menitoned munich, the things written in the toilets were all gary neville related. Treat it with respect? You mean like how you treated anfield with respect when you set fire to our toilets, trashed our cafe and charged the gate? Doule standards..
My priorities were in order thanks, this all happened at half time when no one was playing a game, i was back in to cheer my lads on.
Dont pretend it wouldnt of happened if you were at anfield, neg rep me if you want but i think its hilirious and ill be posting photos soon.
btw, THANKS to anyone who helped pass around my 5 times stickets and thanks to anyone who stopped and said well done about my flag. :biggrin:

Someone has already posted the photos with Munich scrawlings written all over them, so no need for me to do that.

I think I will pretend that if it was at Anfield we'd do it differently, BECAUSE WE DID! Back when we last had a Cup semi there, (and then the replay at Goodison) nothing was done, or at least nothing of note to measure up on that scale.

I particularly find it amusing that several other Liverpool supporters have taken your "United are just as bad" statements as gospel, and spoken about "sinking to their level", as if it's US that has the problem!

Who threw s***e at our fans at Anfield? Who left the same substance all over an executive box in 1996? That you find your actions hilarious invalidates any argument you have to make, and argument you do have to make should founder anyway.
Reply 1167
Mate, if you think Man United's following doesnt have its set of ******s you are seriously deluded. You only have to see what goes on around the forecourt before games at OT. You only have to see the actions of fans near the away end puting their hands over their faces to mimic Hillsborough. You only need to hear the chants of or "96 wasn't enough" and the like.

Both sides has its bastards. Neither side can take the moral high ground.

It's embarassing.
Reply 1168
That stuff about Munich is just as reprehensible as the same coming the other way about Hillsborough. Neither are funny, and neither should be used in a game of one-upmanship
ciderpeter
I sincerely hope you werent one of the ones who wrote the stuff about Munich etc after the roasting you gave me for not respecting Hillsborough...
I sincerely hope the same
serious narb
Pascal Cygan once won French Defender of the Year

no joke

I don't believe it. But if its true..:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:
He's not improvement on Baros. Both have zero ability to link up with other players, and Cisse isnt particulary good at finishing.

Cygan must be one of the slowest footballers for pace I have ever seen.
kpg
I'd say Cisse has been far more effective for us when played on the right and we've used the ball over the top to him. Play it into his feet and his first touch is so bad that his second touch is usually a tackle. He also doesn't have the intellegent movement to create space for others often enough. Anyway, a little bit of effort isn't too much to ask for in an fa cup semi final is it? Even Morientes (who has equally been a major dissapointment) was putting in the effort, trying to win headers, making tackles, closing defenders down. Cisse did **** all.

No doubt he'll do a Forlan and live upto his hype elsewhere but for Liverpool he has been nothing short of a complete disaster.

Sums him up completely. He is so lazy at the end of the match yesterday he was jogging around not attempting to tackle or track back as if he had been on the pitch for 90 mins already.
kpg
Mate, if you think Man United's following doesnt have its set of ******s you are seriously deluded. You only have to see what goes on around the forecourt before games at OT. You only have to see the actions of fans near the away end puting their hands over their faces to mimic Hillsborough. You only need to hear the chants of or "96 wasn't enough" and the like.

Both sides has its bastards. Neither side can take the moral high ground.

It's embarassing.

I completely agree that both sides have their following of undesirables, I'm just taking the oppurtunity via "calderstoneslfc" to understand what the hell it's all about.
calderstonesLFC
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES WHAT A ***ING GAME. OMG im sorry cindy and co, but take that jose your gobsh****. Nothing better than shuttiung that bitter tit up, whats your exscuse now. Well done liverpool fans, you outsung them chelsea boys from the off. One of the most memoral matches ive been to in ages.
Who seen my flag then :biggrin: and who seen me with no top on at the end dancing like a luncatic for ages.
GET IN!

I have to admit Liverpool played blooming well and I think Chelsea need to get rid of some lame stuff mainly Drogba. Jose should have started with just Crespo. But hey its done and dusted now. Well done the 'Pool.

So who will be with them in the final?
Cindy
I have to admit Liverpool played blooming well and I think Chelsea need to get rid of some lame stuff mainly Drogba. Jose should have started with just Crespo. But hey its done and dusted now. Well done the 'Pool.

Biggest waste of money. Ever.
Cindy.

Hopefully West Ham so we get the North Stand

Slice'N'Dice
Biggest waste of money. Ever.

I don't think anyone could take away that tittle from Cisse and Diouf. Ok Drogba may have cost more but atleast you have got more out of him.
The spirit of this thread seriously went downhill yesterday. What was a good bantering between fans turned into a slag fest and I don't like it. I have deleted the offensive pictures of the toilets and am appalled at the behaviour of some. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Keep the bantering going and have your view but I will not tolerate hooliganism.
Rainy
^^
Just to make it a little more obvious...

Looks good, if they werent in the way :biggrin:
LFC_Girl
Hopefully West Ham so we get the North Stand

I don't think anyone could take away that tittle from Cisse and Diouf. Ok Drogba may have cost more but atleast you have got more out of him.

You think??? God he is sooo a waste of money. Drogba is premadonna and thinks he should own th ball. At the beginning of the season he hardly ever ran out of our half, well lets face it he hardly ever ran.

As for the final, I think Liverpool V Middlesboro
calderstonesLFC
Looks good, if they werent in the way :biggrin:

Mmmmnnn... advertsing for Fosters!! LOL :wink:

Latest