The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
White_redrose
I never type notes up after the lesson - my handwriting isn't great but I try to make them as neat as possible the first time round and then slot them into my folder(with the plastic pockets). We were subjected to regular folder checks by teachers though so that probably accounts for some of my careful filing! lol.

Wow i'm surprised anyone gets folder checks. My teachers couldn't really care less what I did outside of lessons.
Reply 21
Gaz031
Wow i'm surprised anyone gets folder checks. My teachers couldn't really care less what I did outside of lessons.

Same here. We get folder checks when Ofsted comes. :confused:
trev
Same here. We get folder checks when Ofsted comes. :confused:

folder checks? that the hell??? xoxo
Reply 23
tammy_girl
folder checks? that the hell??? xoxo

Yup. They might want to see how organise we are and stuff.
trev
Yup. They might want to see how organise we are and stuff.

lol only thing we ever get checked is if we are carrying cigarettes or mobile phones......not folder checks :eek: lol were asked to take them in and thats it.......sure even the stuff written on some peoples folders is hilarious and teachers dont care :smile: xoxo
Reply 25
I hardly ever wrote notes, and the ones i did were random words i needed to rememeber (when you look at a word and you can't remember it for the life of you).
i write them in rough and then shove them in my file and towards the exam attempt at organising everything :biggrin:
Reply 27
I've not started AS Levels yet, but from a GCSE perspective, msot notes are in the form of exercise books, so the date on which a certain piece of work was completed was all the organisation of notes I I needed especially with not having many worksheets etc.Although for AS Level, I think I'll definiately have a folder for each subject - not sure about typing notes up though - I suppose it depends on the workload, but some people do learn by typing up notes and it adds to presentation, so it would be useful for some, if not for others.
shauncouldstone
I've not started AS Levels yet, but from a GCSE perspective, msot notes are in the form of exercise books, so the date on which a certain piece of work was completed was all the organisation of notes I I needed especially with not having many worksheets etc.Although for AS Level, I think I'll definiately have a folder for each subject - not sure about typing notes up though - I suppose it depends on the workload, but some people do learn by typing up notes and it adds to presentation, so it would be useful for some, if not for others.

make sure that you date your AS level work. becasue it will help a lot!! (im speaking from experience) :biggrin:
shauncouldstone

lol an awful lot of my classes such as music and business was all notes so i needed a folder xoxo
Reply 30
well my school notes are really hard to read...so i rewrite them all (apart from environment systems where the teacher wrote eveyrything importand on the whiteboard, so it's easy to have the notes organised from the class) - just like having my notes neat - and what more, this rewriting is the best way to learn the things :biggrin:
Hell no, I hate it.
I don't really mind. It's just something you have to do.

Michael
Reply 33
I don't usually type the notes out, not because I'm lazy but because I don't think it's worth the time and that it's not necessary.
Gaz031

Yeah, we had them quite regularly, for all lessons, especially History. Annoying mostly, but also useful in a way as it forced me to keep track of all my notes and try and maintain a vague sense of order.

Latest

Trending

Trending