The Student Room Group
Reply 1
You could always go for the keeno look and reply:
negative/weaknesses: working too hard :wink:
famous: er, pass

one i always dread is... "tell me about yourself" *silence*. too simple.

p.s. congrats on the interview :smile: good luck
Reply 2
I hate the following questions: 'Why do you want to work for us', which obviously is always asked in an interview, and 'can you give an example of when you worked in a team to achieve something'. I always end up saying the same thing every interview I go to!

As long as you keep your answers positive then you should be fine, just make sure you dont put yourself down at all and stay confident.
Reply 3
I've pretty much been asked all of the above but the worst one was "tell me what the lowest point in your life was" what the heck are you supposed to say to that?
Reply 4
AT82
I've pretty much been asked all of the above but the worst one was "tell me what the lowest point in your life was" what the heck are you supposed to say to that?

Thats a bit too personal for an interview isn't it?!

Do you think this is an ok answer for negative aspects about myself....

My negative aspects are that I can be quite vain, I always like to look my best whenever I can.

However as 1/3+ of the job is outdoors they might think that I'm not up to it or that I'd spend more time looking in the mirror than doing work. I thought about the work too hard answer but it seems falsified and big-headed.

For the famous Q I think I'll just say I'm famous for being a great team member and always working as hard as I can and to the best of my ability..? That's if they ask it, I doubt they will.

Keep them all coming, really helpful so far :smile:
Reply 5
"Do you think you deserve this job more than others?"

"Why is that?"
Reply 6
lol plenty of crap questions in Inv Banking such as:

What was he most challenging experience in your life or what was the most difficult problem you ever faced, how did you tackle the problem/challenge and what was the result and what did you learn from it?

Other questions like, why did you not do well in your last year exam in say XXX subject.

Have you been a leader and had a difficulty of leading a team of people, how did you solve your problem and what was the result?

then there are plenty of brainteaser questions. etc etc etc.
Reply 7
sleepyeba
You could always go for the keeno look and reply:
negative/weaknesses: working too hard :wink:
famous: er, pass

one i always dread is... "tell me about yourself" *silence*. too simple.

p.s. congrats on the interview :smile: good luck

I had an interview yesterday, I said working too hard for some question. We didn't get the usual set(whatever that is?? first interview) Luckily didn't get the tell me about yourself, but I think it'll be useful to prepare though answers, aswell as learn a speech on what does the company does :wink:
Awaiting the rejection letter, but got my fingers crossed for an interview at the same company...GOOD LUCK to anyone else with interviews
Reply 8
Neocortex
lol plenty of crap questions in Inv Banking such as:

What was he most challenging experience in your life or what was the most difficult problem you ever faced, how did you tackle the problem/challenge and what was the result and what did you learn from it?

Other questions like, why did you not do well in your last year exam in say XXX subject.

Have you been a leader and had a difficulty of leading a team of people, how did you solve your problem and what was the result?

then there are plenty of brainteaser questions. etc etc etc.

Same with accountancy :rolleyes:

You got a grade C in Maths, what happened there???

I was sat there shocked, didn't expect that at all, near to the exam time I was getting B's on all past papers except I decided to stick with the modular exams which only one other person in the group did, and if I had changed to the other set of papers then I would have had a good chance of a B, I saw my old maths teacher 1st week back after GCSE's, first thing he said was , if you changed papers you would have got a B :frown:

I don't like strange questions like 'tell me about a time when...'

Got another interview with a different company next wek, somehow I think the questions will be very different :wink:
Reply 9
what kind of fruit/animal would you be and why?
Reply 10
justchar

What job were you applying for?!
Reply 11
justchar

thats a breainteaser question and personality question in mixture. to see what you prefer they try to know what sort of things you like and in such away judge your personality.

If you love shark say, and explain why etc, you would reveal them say your love of their aggressiveness etc. they may assume you like aggressiveness then.
Reply 12
emma155
Same with accountancy :rolleyes:

You got a grade C in Maths, what happened there???

I was sat there shocked, didn't expect that at all, near to the exam time I was getting B's on all past papers except I decided to stick with the modular exams which only one other person in the group did, and if I had changed to the other set of papers then I would have had a good chance of a B, I saw my old maths teacher 1st week back after GCSE's, first thing he said was , if you changed papers you would have got a B :frown:

I don't like strange questions like 'tell me about a time when...'

Got another interview with a different company next wek, somehow I think the questions will be very different :wink:

sometimes they want to see how can you defend yourself under pressure, will you lose your clamness, panic etc under these hard questions. See how you play out of your trouble and how to tur a negative question a positive answer :wink:
Reply 13
i'm not your mum.
Reply 14
it was bar staff. :s
I got the "What's your worst quality?" one. I fumbled about for a few seconds for an answer, then replied "Errr, I can't think of one" and just smiled. I explained how I'd gone through possible questions they might ask me, and hadn't though of that one, so it had caught me off guard, and I couldn't think of an answer for it of the top of my head.

Got offered the job though, which can't be too bad! :smile:
Reply 16
Neocortex
sometimes they want to see how can you defend yourself under pressure, will you lose your clamness, panic etc under these hard questions. See how you play out of your trouble and how to tur a negative question a positive answer :wink:

I didn't expect the question at all, I did defend myself, but I just explained about the difference between modular and the two papers at the end(which I really wish I'd changed to now!) I should have said that if they had a problem with it they could have spoken to my old maths teacher!! I have done AVCE Business and a unit on Finance, I've never had any trouble with the maths, and I always work hard with everything. I keep thinking about how I could have answered the questions better, it's like after an exam, and always thinking about results, except just thinking about how the interview went. I think that the more I attend the less I'll bother about them afterwards. I'm going to go and look for more jobs, and a map with train routes on :rolleyes:

Latest

Trending

Trending