The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
disposition
Oh yeah, I was the one in the middle row.
Me too, I'd never been before but it was surprisingly nice. I agree on the social life, and I think i'd prefer to study there than Imperial based on atmosphere and workload... Either going to put Imperial or UCL as my insurance, but I think i'll wait until january results before I decide. ABB's a great offer though!

Ah ok in that case we did briefly speak haha, you asked me who the wax model Jeremy Bentham was on the tour :p:

Cool, where are you planning on firming then? Oxbridge?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
aeonflux
Ah ok in that case we did briefly speak haha, you asked me who the wax model Jeremy Bentham was on the tour :p:

Cool, where are you planning on firming then? Oxbridge?

Oh yeah I do remember now!

Yeah Cambridge, but whether I get the grades or not is another matter haha. If I'm honest the atmosphere is a bit better in London, but oh well.
D'you know when UCL will update track?
Reply 22
disposition
Oh yeah I do remember now!

Yeah Cambridge, but whether I get the grades or not is another matter haha. If I'm honest the atmosphere is a bit better in London, but oh well.
D'you know when UCL will update track?

Congrats, which college is that?

Yeah I'm actually loving the idea of studying in London, whether I will be available to afford it without racking up ridiculous amounts of debt is another matter haha.

I think they said could take up to 2 weeks for offer to come through on track, hopefully sooner though!
aeonflux
Congrats, which college is that?

Yeah I'm actually loving the idea of studying in London, whether I will be available to afford it without racking up ridiculous amounts of debt is another matter haha.

I think they said could take up to 2 weeks for offer to come through on track, hopefully sooner though!

Thanks, tis St. John's. Yeah London seems like it'd be the perfect student place to study, it's got everything. UCL seemed pretty affordable, but some of Imperial's accommodation goes over £200 a week! Plus I think I spent like £10 on a sandwich and drink when I went for the open day haha. I guess it's worth it in the end for the degree though.
Ah 2 weeks isn't too long, hope it'll be ABB rather than AAB.
Reply 24
disposition
Thanks, tis St. John's. Yeah London seems like it'd be the perfect student place to study, it's got everything. UCL seemed pretty affordable, but some of Imperial's accommodation goes over £200 a week! Plus I think I spent like £10 on a sandwich and drink when I went for the open day haha. I guess it's worth it in the end for the degree though.
Ah 2 weeks isn't too long, hope it'll be ABB rather than AAB.

Yeah I know some of the prices of rooms at Imperial were absolutely insane, I'm tempted to apply for a double room if I end up at Imp/UCL as that would leave me with much more going out money but I don't know if thats a bit risky...

As you say should be worth it in the end anyway, I know the average starting salary of an Imperial student is something like £27k :yes:
Reply 25
Don't worry a bit. I have had my interview in October for Astrophysics and it was brilliant. You are in if you get an interview.

So just go there, talk to the other people who are there, I met some really great people and we had a fun time together in the interview. Also this interview process is for them to try to impress you rather than you trying to impress them, so get a feel of UCL, its facilities and the people that are there, I personally thought it was a brilliant uni and deserves all the rep.

Oh and be sure to have a nice convo with your interviewer, I had a very nice chat where we basically talked about my PS, so be prepared to talk about yourself and what you have written in your PS.
aeonflux
Yeah I know some of the prices of rooms at Imperial were absolutely insane, I'm tempted to apply for a double room if I end up at Imp/UCL as that would leave me with much more going out money but I don't know if thats a bit risky...

As you say should be worth it in the end anyway, I know the average starting salary of an Imperial student is something like £27k :yes:

That's a pretty good idea actually, and I don't think sharing would be all that bad if it meant more money on other things. Wow that's an amazing starting salary, really wouldn't mind being on that haha.

Anyway, good luck with everything, and exams and going to Imperial/UCL! :smile:
Reply 27
disposition
That's a pretty good idea actually, and I don't think sharing would be all that bad if it meant more money on other things. Wow that's an amazing starting salary, really wouldn't mind being on that haha.

Anyway, good luck with everything, and exams and going to Imperial/UCL! :smile:

Cheers, you too!

Latest

Trending

Trending