The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
MaceyThe
Religion and religious extremism, (particularly Islamic extremism at the moment,) has lead to the biggest security threat within Britain, 52 people being blown to pieces on the London underground, and is probably the biggest driver of conflict in the world today - look no further than the whole Israel/Palestine mess and it's fallout. The very reason we are in Afghanistan and why 240+ young men from Britain have lost their lives, all comes back to Islamist extremism and a couple of books written 14+ centuries ago.

It's the main thing hampering the progress of mankind and needs to be talked about.

:bl:
wolfrace
This is what Religious Extremists do to society.

If followed with the 'correct' intentions, ie. as you say, bringing harmony and forgiveness, religion can do good as well.

I mean, imagine a bunch of Christian old people from some random village in England. Chances are, rather than incite hate, they'd rather make you a cup of tea and some cake = )

You're right.

It was a mis-representation on my part.
az1992
IRA and before you say thats just protestants, 1) thats still christians who were behind more deaths through terrorism then the total deaths through islamic-inspired deaths in western countries. and 2) my relatives grew up in and during the troubles in northern ireland and they tell me there were as much catholic thugs then the was protestant.

erm thats actually false

and thats also false, find me evidence of shariah law being implemented in these country's legal system. Learning about English Law at the moment, I can tell you that what you said is a fantastical lie.

I don't know what it is with people that hold your kind of views anyway. You moan and bitch that the law is to easy and then you criticise Sharia Law for being to harsh. Your like a bunch of needy women that dont know what they want, all they know is that they want to make some noise

Thats amazing how can you study law when you obviously can't read? I said being 'considered' in case you don't remember it was all over papers and the news?

Having visited mosques in birmingham and seen the number of them myself, I know that there are a significant number of them.

I never mentioned my opinions on Sharia law only about its IMPLEMENTATION. I personally agree with capital and corporal punishment. However our law is easy but Sharia law is for the barborous Islamic states so a bit too far in civilized countries.

Next time learn to read and understand before spouting a hate speech.
MaceyThe
Winston Churchill is well-known for his gift of prescience and, specifically, for being the first to warn of the menace of Hitler and Nazism as early as 1932, and of the Soviet threat in his famous Iron Curtain speech in 1946 in Fulton, Mo.
He was right on the money.

But did you know that he also warned the world of the dangers of Islamic fundamentalism over 85 years ago too? I certainly did not!

The peace-loving majority of moderate Muslims are as much at risk as well from Islamist violence too. Look around the world; Somalia, Yemen, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Islamist militants killing Muslims in their thousands.

In fact, here's a nice video going round the globe:

And still we're looking for some rational explanation as to why there's people that want to blow us up, scratching our heads and blaming it on ourselves because of Iraq or whatever, when in fact the reason is deeply irrational and comes from a fanatical Islamist ideology.

It's not hard to see, listen to the speeches by bombers, they say it themselves, even Choudary let's the cat out the bag; they are at war with us because we're non-believers, and the West has yet to fall to Islam.

Join the dots people:

Edit: Love the neg rep from someone that can't even spell "racist." If you're going to throw big words around, at least learn how to spell them.

The US, UK and Spain: Invaded two foreign countries, killed innocent people (often by accident admittedly), the relatives of these people were pissed off and easy prey for extremists. Abu Ghraib, torture killings exponentially increased people's anger. Even in the UK, I'am sure quite a lot of people will become extremists and support the BNP, EDL if the Pakistani army came and started bombing the middle of bloody London citing security concerns in its own country.
Russia: Read up on Chechnya, no doubt that extreme and disproptionate force was used against Muslims. Many innocent people killed, their relatives easy prey for extremists.
Serbia: Slobodan Milosevic and his cronies committed genocide on the Muslim population of Bosnia- thousands of women raped, children torture, people locked in buildings and burned, buried alive.

etcetra, etcetra.

A tiny minority of Muslims are extremists, some of the extremists are terrorists and almost all the terrorists have been created out of circumstance not by religious justification. Basically don't provoke people and they won't hurt you.

The same is true in history. Jews formed resistance groups and carried out terrorist activites when they were repressed, Sikhs did do with the Golden temple and the resulting battle etc. Do the RELIGIONS justify violence? NO. The people who committ the violence are born out of circumstance and are not following their respective religion.

Finally you're a mong saying Britain's being Islamified, our numbers are under 1.5 million, that's almost the number of Christians in Pakistan. :rolleyes:
Reply 144
the UK is so weak, but so is the rest of the world, They should tell these idiots, live by our rules or **** off back home. As they say 'when in rome do as the romans do'
Muslims all around the world claim their religion is peaceful yet they try and fight with every other religion. Such as in Maylasia I believe, where muslims have called the word 'allah' is their word, when other religions have been using the word for god for ages. Now the Muslims want this word removed from every holy book and have been attacking places of worship. Islam must be one the most violent religions out there......they pray 5 times a day yet it makes no fckking differences.
mel0n
Oh sorry. I didn't realise Islam was the only religion with extremists.

True, but the relative threat of Islam is far greater to the west than other religions. When was the last time a Sikh, hindu, jew or even Christian blew up a bomb in London in the name of religion ?

There, sadly, are much higher percentages of extreme Muslims willing to blow them selves up, than say Hindus etc. As wrong as it is, there is a reason Islam has a bad name for itself.
Inzamam99
The US, UK and Spain: Invaded two foreign countries, killed innocent people (often by accident admittedly), the relatives of these people were pissed off and easy prey for extremists. Abu Ghraib, torture killings exponentially increased people's anger. Even in the UK, I'am sure quite a lot of people will become extremists and support the BNP, EDL if the Pakistani army came and started bombing the middle of bloody London citing security concerns in its own country.
Russia: Read up on Chechnya, no doubt that extreme and disproptionate force was used against Muslims. Many innocent people killed, their relatives easy prey for extremists.
Serbia: Slobodan Milosevic and his cronies committed genocide on the Muslim population of Bosnia- thousands of women raped, children torture, people locked in buildings and burned, buried alive.

etcetra, etcetra.

A tiny minority of Muslims are extremists, some of the extremists are terrorists and almost all the terrorists have been created out of circumstance not by religious justification. Basically don't provoke people and they won't hurt you.

The same is true in history. Jews formed resistance groups and carried out terrorist activites when they were repressed, Sikhs did do with the Golden temple and the resulting battle etc. Do the RELIGIONS justify violence? NO. The people who committ the violence are born out of circumstance and are not following their respective religion.

Finally you're a mong saying Britain's being Islamified, our numbers are under 1.5 million, that's almost the number of Christians in Pakistan. :rolleyes:

Difference is the BNP don't go around leaving bombs on buses..
Sakujo
Hitler wasn't a christian.

Yes, he was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positive_Christianity

On many occasions he would speak of Jesus's plight and how this inspired his antisemitic views.
Reply 148
MaceyThe
No, I described the version of events on topics such as "the Holocaust" and "the Crusades" being taught in Mosques as "warped" because it is a warped version of events. Hence the whole reason some schools are avoiding teaching it, because the true version of events, is different from the warped version that the Imman presents at the Mosque. .

well, not that im suggesting that your affiliated with them. But it was also common amonst the superior tier of BNP to believe that the Holocaust never happened.

And how do you know what goes on in a mosque? Have you a muslim friend that describes what goes on or isit just by word of mouth?

MaceyThe

Sorry matey, I havn't got a chuffing clue what you mean by this?!:dontask:.

yea that can happen when you take sentances from what someone says and put them on its own:wink:
MaceyThe

Invaders of the West, or invaders from the West? Are we still talking about the Crusades?
If so, the Crusades were a delayed response to try and claim back lands that had been conquered by Muslim armies. A lot of today's Muslim countries never used to be, ya know?! They were conquered violently by the sword, as started by the prophet Mohamed. .

dahahaaaa this made me chuckle. i found it slightly hypocritical too considering what our christian forefathers got upto.

Muslim people started out as traders rather then conquerors. but anyway, alot of christian countries were never christian once apon a time go. But christian countries went to these lands and killed those who would not convert from their gods to christianity.

Also your blurring the lines between religion and nationality. There was not a single muslim nation that conquered all. Islam is a relgion yes, you should put that nations that Followd islam took over theses countries. There are also numerous references that could be interpreted as voilent or atleast in the same way as the sword thing in the bible.

One last note, I once knew a muslim boy from kenya who told me that he wished to discontinue his religion because of the restrictions it placed on him, ie halal and fasting.

I then quizzed him about a website I found that portrayed islam as voilent. he told me that although he thought his religion was naff, the references to violence in the Quran were exagerated and practically none existant. Okay its just one boys belief and isnt representative of all muslims but just something to think about.

MaceyThe

Christian and Islamic faith schools both teach children a very strange perspective on the world given half the chance. Look no further than Yank fundamentalist faith schools teaching creation and trying to avoid evolution.

well i can agree with you here although I dont think they are strange perspectives. just beacuse we dont agree with them doesnt make them strange. I think your views are slightly strange as you most likely do of mine, but i would not label your views as weird and warped, rather i would seek to see how you came to the conclusions you come to and maybe compare them to mine.

I know i seem harsh about your views and i am sorry because I dont mean to just rubbish you. But you have no idea how passionatley i feel about this anti muslim and immigrant thing. I come from an area where there are an amazing amounts of ethnic minorities and as such I have got to recognise some aspects of their originating culture. This neither spoils my love for this country nor does it make them want to disregard our cultures. However, when I have been jumped started on or whatever, it is not by the the black or asian gangster wannabees but by the whute british wannabees. And i can tell you out of all my closest friends, the ones who actually do anything criminal are more likely to be the white british ones.

Anyway i repsect your opinions and im sorry to have dragged that along. i realise that your not one of these people who have a go at immigrants calling them a virus, you atleast try to find some basic reason, whether i beleive it true or not, behind your arguments.
Reply 149
macey i dont understand whether ure racist whom is a member of the bnp. But a few things id like to say, first of all by putting a few videos of the minority that are outbursting their anger on injusticeness that they feel of, and also every religion race has the extreme sides, there are many videos i can put up of muslims being distreated. This World is a big place therefore there will always be trouble in some corner, sometimes it is seen and sometimes it isnt. By having a hateful forum such as this does nothing but escalate further problems. why do i never see forums on helping all religions being more friendly and/or stopping extemism and ways of everyone uniting against the bad people. You are a complete joke, you are one of those people who would sit at home and bite your nails thinking of ways of making people think like you. Your mentality is twisted hence why majority will not agree with you.

Be friendly Wan*er
Reply 150
Reply 151
Inzamam99

Wow, that's amazing, until you take into account the fact that the population of Pakistan is nearly three times that of the UK.
Inzamam99

Not anymore :smile:

2004: 1,870,000

2005: 2,017,000

2006: 2,142,000

2007: 2,327,000

2008: 2,422,000

Source...http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article5621482.ece
Reply 153
Lust of a Gardener
To make myself clear - Nazism and Communism failed because they were flawed ideologies. I do not support or advocate either.

I was not commenting on the ethcial side of Communism and Nazism; I was simply stating that their collapse was not as a result of their lack of Religous faith.

So what you're saying is - correct me if I'm wrong - that if the Nazi party had have been incredibly religous, they would not have committed mass Genocide? You do realise that Hitler was in fact a Catholic, and on many occasions Hitler spoke of his interpretation of Christianity as a central motivation for his antisemitism.

I'm not saying that he was tyrant as a result of his religous background, I am simply stating that his faith did not prevent him from committing many atroscious acts.

You would then have to accept a society completely without religion, would not, by today's standards, be morally sound.

Yes, stand corrected for you are wrong- Nazi ideology is not compatible with Catholicism. Obviously if they were all true, Christians they wouldn't have committed mass genocide. Hitler was labelled as a Catholic, yet was far from on- shown by his multiple attempts to remove all outside influence from Reich and instil a Nazi faith movement.
Welcome to the uk folks :smile:
Reply 155
Crimsonchilli
explain???
So your saying if that was EDL or some other white group the police would have just moved back as swell and done nothing ? Of course the police couldn't "fight" back there, as that would effectively be fighting back against Islam, which as we all know is a big no no.

yawn

what do you want me to do? agree with you? yes the givernment and police hate white british people and love muslims despite they are white british themselves

and the police ran not because they were muslim but because there were 1000 + people ( i dont agree with what they were protesting for and notice it was the young generation just as EDL is now becoming)
marching towards them. If theyd just stayed there, they would have been swallowed up and had the **** kicked outta them
Reply 156
Lust of a Gardener
Yes, he was.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positive_Christianity

On many occasions he would speak of Jesus's plight and how this inspired his antisemitic views.

http://answers.org/apologetics/hitquote.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler%27s_religious_beliefs

IMO he only used christianity for propaganda purposes.
Reply 158
DaGianni
Wow, that's amazing, until you take into account the fact that the population of Pakistan is nearly three times that of the UK.

Pakistan hasn't experienced any major immigration of Christians though.
DaGianni

Speaking of Christianity in Pakstan...

Christians, along with other non-Muslim minorities, are discriminated against in the Constitution of Pakistan. Non-Muslims are barred from becoming the President[7] or Prime Minister [8]. Furthermore, they are barred from being judges in the Federal Shariat Court, which has the power to strike down any law deemed un-Islamic.[9]

Ayub Masih, a Christian, was convicted of blasphemy and sentenced to death in 1998. He was accused by a neighbor of stating that he supported British writer, Salman Rushdie, author of The Satanic Verses. Lower appeals courts upheld the conviction. However, before the Pakistan Supreme Court, his lawyer was able to prove that the accuser had used the conviction to force Masih's family off their land and then acquired control of the property. Masih has been released.[10]

On September 22, 2006, a Pakistani Christian named Shahid Masih was arrested and jailed for allegedly violating Islamic "blasphemy laws" in the country of Pakistan. He is presently held in confinement and has expressed fear of reprisals by Islamic Fundamentalists.[

On October 28, 2001 in Lahore, Pakistan, Islamic militants killed 15 Christians at a church, three weeks after U.S.-led War in Afghanistan to topple the Taliban.

On September 25, 2002, unidentified gunmen shot dead seven people at a Christian charity in Karachi's central business district. They entered the third-floor offices of the Institute for Peace and Justice (IPJ) and shot their victims in the head. All of the victims were Pakistani Christians. Karachi police chief Tariq Jamil said the victims had their hands tied and their mouths had been covered with tape.

In November 2005, 3,000 militant Islamists attacked Christians in Sangla Hill in Pakistan and destroyed Roman Catholic, Salvation Army and United Presbyterian churches. The attack was over allegations of violation of blasphemy laws by a Pakistani Christian named Yousaf Masih.

In February 2006, churches and Christian schools were targeted in protests over the publications of the Jyllands-Posten cartoons in Denmark, leaving two elderly women injured and many homes and properties destroyed. Some of the mobs were stopped by police.[15]

On June 5, 2006, a Pakistani Christian stonemason named Nasir Ashraf was working near Lahore when he drank water from a public facility using a glass chained to the facility. He was assaulted by Muslims for "Polluting the glass". A mob developed, who beat Ashraf, calling him a "Christian dog".Bystanders encouraged the beating, because it would be a "good" deed that would help them in heaven. Ashraf was eventually hospitalized[16][17].

On August 2006, a church and Christian homes were attacked in a village outside of Lahore, Pakistan in a land dispute. Three Christians were seriously injured and one missing after some 35 Muslims burned buildings, desecrated Bibles and attacked Christians.[18]

The 2009 Gojra riots were a series of attacks targeting Christians in Gojra town in Punjab province of Pakistan.[1] These resulted in the deaths of eight Christians including four women and a child.[2]

The English Daily Telegraph published reports on November 14, 2005 claiming that Christian churches and schools (in the city of Faisalabad) have been destroyed "when Muslim preachers urged people to 'take revenge' after a Christian allegedly burnt pages of the Koran."

The newspaper went on to say: "Hundreds of Christians fled the town as a crowd thousands strong, wielding axes and sticks, set fire to five churches, a dozen houses, three schools, a dispensary, a convent and two parsonages."

How lovely....

Latest

Trending

Trending