The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 1
marlowe92
What exactly is The Lumsden Club? I've heard it mentioned, but it's not on the union's society list

basically a female KK, it's an all girls club (invitation only) for people of the same mould as KK but who are female. They are not as active as the KK, at least not in terms of visibility to normal students and organise less open events (although their main one is a charity pimms party).. they aren't on the list of societies because they are not affiliated, to be affiliated a society must accept any matriculated student which the Lumsden deos not
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
that of course assumes you know what KK is - the kate kennedy club, an all male, invitation only club the exists to strengthen the traditions of the university and promote town and gown relations and raise money.. or at least that's what they tell you.. to be fair they do do a lot for the student body.. and even if it is just a front there is no denying they do raise money for local charities.. It is surrounded in contraversey since the principle 'cut ties' with them last year and they only effectivley admit rich kids from public schools..
Reply 3
Sambo2
basically a female KK, it's an all girls club (invitation only) for people of the same mould as KK but who are female. They are not as active as the KK, at least not in terms of visibility to normal students and organise less open events (although their main one is a charity pimms party).. they aren't on the list of societies because they are not affiliated, to be affiliated a society must accept any matriculated student which the Lumsden deos not

Inivitation only? I saw their stall at the societies fayre in freshers week. Didn't see a KK one.
Reply 4
Sambo2
and they only effectivley admit rich kids from public schools..

Not really true...

The most visible members tend to be those who go on and on about family wealth though.
Reply 5
Oxy
Inivitation only? I saw their stall at the societies fayre in freshers week. Didn't see a KK one.

I think KK where there.. well there is a competitive interview process for both societies I think.
hmm this sounds alot like the Bullingdon club. och well i wont be joining it, not on my parents wages! lol
Reply 7
jammydodger09
hmm this sounds alot like the Bullingdon club. och well i wont be joining it, not on my parents wages! lol

as terp rightly points out, what we think of the selection policies of Lumsden and KK may be very incorrect so I would go to bejantine drinks if you are interested.. find out for yourself if it's for you.. also the Lumsden is nothing like the Bullingdon lol.. way more moderate and they at least set out to do mostly good things..
Sambo2
as terp rightly points out, what we think of the selection policies of Lumsden and KK may be very incorrect so I would go to bejantine drinks if you are interested.. find out for yourself if it's for you.. also the Lumsden is nothing like the Bullingdon lol.. way more moderate and they at least set out to do mostly good things..

i know this is totally unrelated to the previous topic, but what are the girls like at St A's? i guess, obviously, there will be the complete range of supermodel material to average etc.. but is the standard quite high?
Reply 9
jammydodger09
i know this is totally unrelated to the previous topic, but what are the girls like at St A's? i guess, obviously, there will be the complete range of supermodel material to average etc.. but is the standard quite high?

haha lol, infact epic lol... generally a very high standard though!! :yep: much better than dundee anyway, you don't have to go far to bump into an attractive young lady.. there is an especially high ratio of girls to boys at st a's though.. in some courses (art history) this is especially true.

where you being serious?? that's a strange question.. and one you can only really decide for yourself..
jammydodger09

We're all completely gorgeous :flutter: :yep:

:rolleyes: :biggrin: You get a range, I guess. Some people care about how they look more than others. It's not something I'd be very good at generalising.
Sambo2
haha lol, infact epic lol... generally a very high standard though!! :yep: much better than dundee anyway, you don't have to go far to bump into an attractive young lady.. there is an especially high ratio of girls to boys at st a's though.. in some courses (art history) this is especially true.

where you being serious?? that's a strange question.. and one you can only really decide for yourself..

good good :biggrin:

yeah i was being serious, i come from a school with 90 people in it and 10 in my yeargroup. im really really looking forward to meeting some nice young ladies as ive kind of exhausted myself up here :L
Reply 12
jammydodger09
good good :biggrin:

yeah i was being serious, i come from a school with 90 people in it and 10 in my yeargroup. im really really looking forward to meeting some nice young ladies as ive kind of exhausted myself up here :L

better make sure you pack the waders then.. and join the clay pigeon club when you get here!
Sambo2
better make sure you pack the waders then.. and join the clay pigeon club when you get here!

will doo :L

Latest

Trending

Trending