The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL OCR A2 Biology - F215 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Also what did everyone put for the similarity of function of neuromuscular junctions and synapses
Reply 101
Difference; one had post synaptic cell as muscle cell the other a neurone
similarity; both have post synaptic receptors
not sure whether this is right though
Reply 102
Hmm not sure that I got the A I wanted in this exam. :frown:

Does anyone know if there will be an unofficial mark scheme?

Thanks! x
Lozza_O
Hmm not sure that I got the A I wanted in this exam. :frown:

Does anyone know if there will be an unofficial mark scheme?

Thanks! x

I'm in the exact same boat :s-smilie: I need an A for uni and I'm not sure if I got it, people are saying it'll be around 66-71 out of 100 (Raw Marks) for an A so I dunno....
66 for an A wouldnt be the end of the world i guess, but for me alot is gonna sway on the leniency of the examiner 8-) sadtimes. gotta get at least 75% in this for an A overall :frown:
BethAliceCaine
So i wrote homobox genes instead of homeobox genes.

HA

i wrote hometic genes have regions called homeobox sequences but i dont think i would get the mark unless i wrote "homeobox GENES"
Reply 106
i really hope i do well in F214.

for my ISA last year i got 37/40 which was 56/60 ums and this year i got 37/40 and what UMS could that be. This years ISAs were harder and surely grade boundaries for them will go down.
TX22
i really hope i do well in F214.

for my ISA last year i got 37/40 which was 56/60 ums and this year i got 37/40 and what UMS could that be. This years ISAs were harder and surely grade boundaries for them will go down.

are you talking about the c.w, ye im hoping the boundaries go down, a few more ums then normal would be brill.

im aiming for 90% in f214, the only reason i screwed up unit 2 was due to nerves, im hoping to cover the spec by today, however im spending the rest of the week, trying to get in the right mind set e.g

if a question says refer to the table, and its 2 marks, i need to remember, it prob 1 mark for answer and 1 for referring to the table.

its silly stuff like that that messed me up, and sometimes all the information you need is in the question iself (ocr trying to be creative)
Reply 108
Somehow I got 150/150 in this o_O Im sure I made a mistake xD This is unusual for me.
Reply 109
Kulpio
Somehow I got 150/150 in this o_O Im sure I made a mistake xD This is unusual for me.

I swear they just make the results up randomly sometimes. I got full marks on that seal paper but it felt like 50%. And I felt like I got full marks on this, but got 145.
95% @ f214, a B on f212 and a D @ 215.
Total - C -.- need A!...
215 resit I come...
btw. is it possible to redo practicals?Thanks
Reply 111
I thought i got like a U as i couldnt answer like 80% of the questions yet i got 130/150

also for my retake F212 i got 150/150.
Reply 112
does anyone have the f215 june 2010 exam paper by any chance?
I felt that I got 140-150/150 yet I only got 115/150 o_O
Very pleased...I got 143/150 but still didnt get enough for that A*...so close!
got a B for F214 lol really gutted was expecting an A. F215 i got an C it was crazy paper as you can imagine! so overall a-level biology i got a B really gutted!
ibysaiyan
95% @ f214, a B on f212 and a D @ 215.
Total - C -.- need A!...
215 resit I come...
btw. is it possible to redo practicals?Thanks

i dont think so, but u might have to go back to your school/ collage to redo them at the time they are doing it, im thinking of resitting whilst at uni, i hope that is possible.
Reply 117
Kulpio

How?! I really cant do Biology A2 papers ...Resitting both papers, any advice? What book did you use?
Reply 118
aimz08
How?! I really cant do Biology A2 papers ...Resitting both papers, any advice? What book did you use?

I used the OCR one (Purple with that big round purple thing on the front (brain?)).
Basically, my secret method of revision :P Is, get your syllabus. Then get revision cards. Go from each point on the syllabus through your textbook and write down the key points, and things you dont understand on the cards. Then keep going through them and get people to test you. I did this combined with going through the textbook, then looking for the kind of things they can ask the 8mark questions on, for example, micropropagation or plant tissue culture whatever it is called, and then write the process down in bullet points and keep writing them out, until you can remember it :P

I was kind of lucky having biology as my first exam though
Reply 119
Kulpio
I used the OCR one (Purple with that big round purple thing on the front (brain?)).
Basically, my secret method of revision :P Is, get your syllabus. Then get revision cards. Go from each point on the syllabus through your textbook and write down the key points, and things you dont understand on the cards. Then keep going through them and get people to test you. I did this combined with going through the textbook, then looking for the kind of things they can ask the 8mark questions on, for example, micropropagation or plant tissue culture whatever it is called, and then write the process down in bullet points and keep writing them out, until you can remember it :P

I was kind of lucky having biology as my first exam though

Okay Thanks...would you say these notes are good to make revision cards from?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1296764

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending