The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

LNAT Score: 21
LNAT Uni Applied for: Durham
Offers: Passed to a college (Hatfield). Not sure how it lets you know if you've been moved?
Other Unis Applied for : Exeter - AAA, Southampton - AAA, Reading - AAB, West of England - 340pts.

Pretty happy as Durham is my first choice :smile:
Hopefully I'll get accepted by a college and THEN I have to just get the grades. HOHUM.
lnat score: 14 :frown:- so disappointed, averaged around 19-20 for every practice test
lnat uni choices: oxford, ucl, notts, bristol
rejected from ucl and oxford (expected! lol)
haven't heard from notts or bristol yet (now am expecting rejections!)
got a place at kent..isn't as good as i wanted though :/

found the multiple choice section harder than the onine practice ones..less variety and the passages all seemed alot longer, was this the same for everyone? thanks :smile: x
Reply 282
pudding&pie
LNAT Score: 21
LNAT Uni Applied for: Durham
Offers: Passed to a college (Hatfield). Not sure how it lets you know if you've been moved?
Other Unis Applied for : Exeter - AAA, Southampton - AAA, Reading - AAB, West of England - 340pts.

Pretty happy as Durham is my first choice :smile:
Hopefully I'll get accepted by a college and THEN I have to just get the grades. HOHUM.

Congrats! I'm pretty sure you'll definitely get an offer - 21 is a strong score, people have got offers with less (like me!) and you're already through to a college, so I'm pretty certain you'll be accepted by a college.
To check what college you're at, just log onto your AES and check your 'personal links'. The college at the top is where you are atm.
Reply 283
rachel_claire
lnat score: 14 :frown:- so disappointed, averaged around 19-20 for every practice test
lnat uni choices: oxford, ucl, notts, bristol
rejected from ucl and oxford (expected! lol)
haven't heard from notts or bristol yet (now am expecting rejections!)
got a place at kent..isn't as good as i wanted though :/

found the multiple choice section harder than the onine practice ones..less variety and the passages all seemed alot longer, was this the same for everyone? thanks :smile: x

Hey, i got 15 and was also gutted cause i did better in the practice tests... Yeh, I found the real one much harder; in the practice tests i always finished with a good 10-15 mins to spare, but in the real thing i struggled to finish on time. The passages in the real thing were all really long too =/ i think thats just luck tbh tho cause the test randomly chooses passages from a 'pool' of passages in the system.
helz_91
LNAT score:

hey, i remember talking to you a few months back about actually taking the LNAT... Ditto on the score :frown:

Im not relieved because obviously a higher score would be so much more reassuring right now but i least i can prepare myself for the worst.

Congrats on your other offers, do you know what uni's you'll be making your firm/insurance ? x
becbec :)
Congrats! I'm pretty sure you'll definitely get an offer - 21 is a strong score, people have got offers with less (like me!) and you're already through to a college, so I'm pretty certain you'll be accepted by a college.
To check what college you're at, just log onto your AES and check your 'personal links'. The college at the top is where you are atm.

eeek just did that and apparently now i'm at Hild Bede.
i didn't realise it was so coded! haha!
thanks for that anyway, i would've been totally oblivious x
becbec :)

Excuse me for this question, but what is AES? I've also applied to Durham and want to check if I am at the college I applied for.
Reply 287
JosephineK
Excuse me for this question, but what is AES? I've also applied to Durham and want to check if I am at the college I applied for.

When Durham send you an acknowledgement e-mail, they give you details of how to log into their service called AES. It's basically their version of track and lets you access details about the course you've applied for, the college you're at and generally just the status of your application.
areyoucool/symmetrical?
LNAT score: 19
LNAT unis applied for: Oxford, Nottingham and UCL
Replies: Oxford - AAA
UCL - rejection

bare beef as UCL rejected me on the grounds that my LNAT werent high enough

long ting

Im the opposite lol.
Reply 289
areyoucool/symmetrical?
LNAT score: 19
LNAT unis applied for: Oxford, Nottingham and UCL
Replies: Oxford - AAA
UCL - rejection
Nottingham - no reply

bare beef as UCL rejected me on the grounds that my LNAT werent high enough

long ting

UCL rejected you with a score of 19- totally unfair!:mad:
Reply 290
Is there any way of finding out whether the LNAT unis have recieved your LNAT score? I've applied to KCL, its the only reply im waiting for, and im getting worried that maybe they haven't recieved my score? :s-smilie:
Reply 291
ZohraP
Is there any way of finding out whether the LNAT unis have recieved your LNAT score? I've applied to KCL, its the only reply im waiting for, and im getting worried that maybe they haven't recieved my score? :s-smilie:

They will have done :yep:
Hardly anybody has heard from Kings.
ZohraP
UCL rejected you with a score of 19- totally unfair!

a girl at my school for rejected due to her lnat with a score of 20. she is off to cambridge in september, especially as her offer is AAA which is easily attainable for her :yep:
kingsredcoat
UCL rejected you with a score of 19? I only got 20... I suppose my rejection must be coming soon.

What an arbitrary and lazy way of weeding people out.

ZohraP

i knowww :frown:

when i got the letter and it was like 'lnat wasnt high enough' i was like aaaaaahhhhhhhh cos i got straight a*s at GCSE and predicted A*A*A so i thought the other unis would fall like dominoes so i knew i mustv really cocked it up

bad times.

tbh it was average out of the 10 or so ppl who did it in my skl

sure u guys will be fine good luck!
ZohraP

UCL rejected me with a score of 23:mad:
wootwootwoot
UCL rejected me with a score of 23

:eek3: did they say it was specifically because of your lnat?!
Reply 296
So glad I didn't apply to UCL right now.
Although my patience in waiting for Kings is wearing thin...
Reply 297
caton4law
hey, i remember talking to you a few months back about actually taking the LNAT... Ditto on the score :frown:

Im not relieved because obviously a higher score would be so much more reassuring right now but i least i can prepare myself for the worst.

Congrats on your other offers, do you know what uni's you'll be making your firm/insurance ? x

Haha, omg I recognise your name too!
You got 13 as well?! It's worrying that everyone else on here seemed to get like 20 ish :/ but nevermind.

I know what you mean, it's so gutting when you work hard for your A levels and then screw up on a one off LNAT, but I can't change it.
Yeah, I'm prepared for a Bristol rejection now :/

I think I will firm Manchester and then probably make Liverpool an insurance!!
Not 100% sure though, how about you?! Where have you applied and how are you doing on the offers front?? xxx
helz_91
Haha, omg I recognise your name too!
You got 13 as well?! It's worrying that everyone else on here seemed to get like 20 ish :/ but nevermind.

I know what you mean, it's so gutting when you work hard for your A levels and then screw up on a one off LNAT, but I can't change it.
Yeah, I'm prepared for a Bristol rejection now :/

I think I will firm Manchester and then probably make Liverpool an insurance!!
Not 100% sure though, how about you?! Where have you applied and how are you doing on the offers front?? xxx

Yh 13. It didnt help logging on to TSR and seeing everyone's brilliant scores. But after reading that some people have been rejected with score 19+ speciffically because of the LNAT score makes me think i wouldn't have been so secure with a decent score either?

I don't think my score has actually sunk i yet, it will do when i get my first rejection though :rolleyes:

I've been accepted (conditionally of course) from Brunel and Queen Mary, still waiting on Warwick, UCL and KCL.
In an ideal world i would have liked to be given a conditional from UCL/KCL but thats far from likely now, one of those would have been my firm. Now I thinks its QMUL but i'm not sure, i wanted to stay in London, but if Warwick gives me an offer maybe there instead? Brunel as insurance.
xx
I am really glad I applied to UCL in the end. :awesome: Was between them and Durham/LSE.

Latest

Trending

Trending