The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

binkibonko
me and you both fingers crossed for the grades at exeter

Ive applied for sport and exercise science at both of them obv exeter firm brunel insurance :smile:

St lukes is amazing

I'm gutted cos I've heard from loads of people now that SES is being moved to Streatham from Sept this year...?! Does that mean if we went to Exeter we would be completely at Streatham?
And good luck with your results !:smile:
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 41
Sports Science is staying at St Luke's - I knew I knew it but I couldn't remember why, but look here on page 5 and it says so.
Persipan
Sports Science is staying at St Luke's - I knew I knew it but I couldn't remember why, but look here on page 5 and it says so.

You have actually just made my day !! :woo: Thank you , I'm so pleased !! Just keeping my fingers crossed for results tomorrow :s-smilie:
Reply 43
binkibonko
Yer it looked like catrered was the thing to do at st lukes when i went as well. haha poor you valuable hours....i bet you were sleeping or banging out some tunes so cant be too wasted lol

Same as me then exeter and brunel!............dont go to loughborough its just a big block of concrete! haha i thought exeter was so much nicer but then again it is the daddy of loughborough which could tempt you

I'M OFFICIALLY COMING TO EXETER!
well as long as i get the grades lol...i turned down loughborough!!
did you have any exam results today? if so how did you get on?
Reply 44
christianne01
I'M OFFICIALLY COMING TO EXETER!
well as long as i get the grades lol...i turned down loughborough!!
did you have any exam results today? if so how did you get on?

YIPPPE!!! lol nice one!

Well i had results on thursday and 1/3 went really well

I got 26/100 on my Maths C2 so up by 5 marks haha still an E overall....not fussed as dropped it and dont particularly need it only incase i dont get into exeter and have the option of an extra AS in my brunel offer

Got a C in computing 63/100 dropped 6 marks from last year, however im not too bothered as I also found out on the same day that I have an A* in my coursework! :biggrin: so well on course for the B i need, teacher said i need 75/120 in order to get it.

BUT.....best of all the exam that went well was my AS PE re-sit!

I got 120/120 UMS!!!!!! :O
I'm soooooo happy although i have no idea how done it as i only revised the A+P and thought it went worse than the summer.

Soooooo.....this means i got 188/200 UMS marks for PE last year and now means that with my an A in my coursework i will only need a C in the exam to get my A :smile: but i could get an A*

And another update....doing applied business too which is 100% coursework at A2 and im on the last piece of coursework now, all i need is a C to guarantee myself an A overall :biggrin:

So im well chuffed after last week well on track to be going to Exeter now :biggrin: :biggrin:

Plus i only have 2 exams this summer as i have 3 a levels and one is all coursework! so i'll have lots of time to revise my PE and Computing! :smile:

Majorly happy...writing all of this has just reminded me of it all again :smile: haha

Sorry for the extra long post! :s-smilie:

Did you get any results?....how were they?
Reply 45
louise..123
You have actually just made my day !! :woo: Thank you , I'm so pleased !! Just keeping my fingers crossed for results tomorrow :s-smilie:

how did the results go?

This is old news man lol exeter uni announced this ages ago lol
Reply 46
christianne01
I think I'll end up going catered for the first year..i know its not part of the whole uni experience but i guess i can do all of that in the 2nd year and beyond lol..and don't rub it in about the traffic situation, not fair! i wasted valuable hours of my life haha =P

I firmed Exeter and Brunel as my insurance last Friday :smile: Only problem is i got a letter in the post on monday, saying i've been accepted at Loughborough!! Soo now i'm in a big big dilemma =/ I have like 10days to decide if i deffo want to go to Exeter..

are you there? :frown:
Reply 47
binkibonko
YIPPPE!!! lol nice one!

Well i had results on thursday and 1/3 went really well

I got 26/100 on my Maths C2 so up by 5 marks haha still an E overall....not fussed as dropped it and dont particularly need it only incase i dont get into exeter and have the option of an extra AS in my brunel offer

Got a C in computing 63/100 dropped 6 marks from last year, however im not too bothered as I also found out on the same day that I have an A* in my coursework! :biggrin: so well on course for the B i need, teacher said i need 75/120 in order to get it.

BUT.....best of all the exam that went well was my AS PE re-sit!

I got 120/120 UMS!!!!!! :O
I'm soooooo happy although i have no idea how done it as i only revised the A+P and thought it went worse than the summer.

Soooooo.....this means i got 188/200 UMS marks for PE last year and now means that with my an A in my coursework i will only need a C in the exam to get my A :smile: but i could get an A*

And another update....doing applied business too which is 100% coursework at A2 and im on the last piece of coursework now, all i need is a C to guarantee myself an A overall :biggrin:

So im well chuffed after last week well on track to be going to Exeter now :biggrin: :biggrin:

Plus i only have 2 exams this summer as i have 3 a levels and one is all coursework! so i'll have lots of time to revise my PE and Computing! :smile:

Majorly happy...writing all of this has just reminded me of it all again :smile: haha

Sorry for the extra long post! :s-smilie:

Did you get any results?....how were they?

Ohh my god! i'm sorry i haven't replied sooner! Well done on the old exam results, that's great news :smile: You got exactly the same marks as me in the AS exam..how spooky?! lol
and lucky you only havin 2 exams...i'm a bit jealous!!

i was pleased with mine, got an A in geography which i really needed..and got an A and 2 Bs in general studies, not that exeter takes it but it'll be an a level none-the-less. should be on track for the grades (fingers crossed) but obviously gonna have to work hard, got 5 exams in the summer!

i tried to apply for accommodation today, but you can'r do it until april the 19th! you thought which halls you want to be in?
Reply 48
christianne01
Ohh my god! i'm sorry i haven't replied sooner! Well done on the old exam results, that's great news :smile: You got exactly the same marks as me in the AS exam..how spooky?! lol
and lucky you only havin 2 exams...i'm a bit jealous!!

i was pleased with mine, got an A in geography which i really needed..and got an A and 2 Bs in general studies, not that exeter takes it but it'll be an a level none-the-less. should be on track for the grades (fingers crossed) but obviously gonna have to work hard, got 5 exams in the summer!

i tried to apply for accommodation today, but you can'r do it until april the 19th! you thought which halls you want to be in?

Nice one on the results too! sounds like we're both going good :smile:
you got 120/120 too in the AS? :O

Yer I'll be bang on it for accomadation come 19th!

I reckon i'm going for rowancroft...think it's the new one piccies looked really good! Where are you going for? Also have you done your student finance stuff?
Reply 49
binkibonko
Nice one on the results too! sounds like we're both going good :smile:
you got 120/120 too in the AS? :O

Yer I'll be bang on it for accomadation come 19th!

I reckon i'm going for rowancroft...think it's the new one piccies looked really good! Where are you going for? Also have you done your student finance stuff?

Yeah it does :smile: and I KNOW...its well spooky =P lol....umm i can't remember what its called, im gonna go for catered soo i don't think i'll be in the same halls as you....and yesss student finance is in the process of being done :smile: wbu?
Reply 50
christianne01
Yeah it does :smile: and I KNOW...its well spooky =P lol....umm i can't remember what its called, im gonna go for catered soo i don't think i'll be in the same halls as you....and yesss student finance is in the process of being done :smile: wbu?

I registered on the Exeter accomodation website today :O
Ready for the 19th i tihnk it is when it becomes open to apply. But when you register you need your exeter student ID it's on the top of the offer letter from exeter...like right at the top of it. Thought i'd warn as i spent a while trying to find it haha!

I'm guna sit down with father and do maybe tomorrow but defo soon!

Fretting about getting these grades though! My last piece of business coursework didn't go to well and I don't think it's going to be the C that i need to get an overall A :s-smilie:

Started making revision cards for PE now though! Nailed though energy systems!....i think :s-smilie:
Reply 51
student finance done :smile:

Apart from my dad didn't fill in the parent bit :s-smilie: is that okay :s-smilie:
Reply 52
binkibonko
I registered on the Exeter accomodation website today :O
Ready for the 19th i tihnk it is when it becomes open to apply. But when you register you need your exeter student ID it's on the top of the offer letter from exeter...like right at the top of it. Thought i'd warn as i spent a while trying to find it haha!

I'm guna sit down with father and do maybe tomorrow but defo soon!

Fretting about getting these grades though! My last piece of business coursework didn't go to well and I don't think it's going to be the C that i need to get an overall A :s-smilie:

Started making revision cards for PE now though! Nailed though energy systems!....i think :s-smilie:

soo does that mean you can register for applying for accommodation but not apply til the 19th?! and thankyou for the heads up...i think i would struggle to find it...i've been panicking about not being able to find things lol!!
glad you're student finance thing is being done :smile: hopefully neither of us will get caught out and it not come through, been worrying about that as well, that's why i've got mine done and out the way!!
and yeaah same here about the grades, think i'll be fine with PE, but had to enter for a re-take in AS Geography to try and give me the best possible chance of getting an A...bit of a struggle seeing as i haven't looked at the work for a year!! really trying hard with coursework this year....wanna give myself more leeway in exams =/
good effort on those revision cards, once i've done coursework this holiday i am deffo starting with epic revision, hate it but gotta be done! think my easter is gonna suck hard now but ohh well!
Reply 53
christianne01
soo does that mean you can register for applying for accommodation but not apply til the 19th?! and thankyou for the heads up...i think i would struggle to find it...i've been panicking about not being able to find things lol!!
glad you're student finance thing is being done :smile: hopefully neither of us will get caught out and it not come through, been worrying about that as well, that's why i've got mine done and out the way!!
and yeaah same here about the grades, think i'll be fine with PE, but had to enter for a re-take in AS Geography to try and give me the best possible chance of getting an A...bit of a struggle seeing as i haven't looked at the work for a year!! really trying hard with coursework this year....wanna give myself more leeway in exams =/
good effort on those revision cards, once i've done coursework this holiday i am deffo starting with epic revision, hate it but gotta be done! think my easter is gonna suck hard now but ohh well!

ooooooo damn that was a big reply lol....

yer it's registering ready to apply if that makes sense :smile:

done my student finance but sure i buggered it up though as it's not going to be income assessed now....will need to call them i think and ask. When you done yours where did your parent put in their info?

your geog sounds like my Maths which i resat in jan and had no idea how to do it all after half a year of no maths as i have dropped it.

And your easter holiday sounds rather familiar to my xmas holiday with all the coursework! It's so time consuming but if you put in the effort and get a banging grade it's such a good feeling after, especially knowning you get more leeway for exams!

My revision carding is rubbish though all i do i just rewrite my notes with the added help of colourful highlighters lol

Hope your coursework goes well for you anyway good luck!! (Y) :smile:
Reply 54
binkibonko
ooooooo damn that was a big reply lol....

yer it's registering ready to apply if that makes sense :smile:

done my student finance but sure i buggered it up though as it's not going to be income assessed now....will need to call them i think and ask. When you done yours where did your parent put in their info?

your geog sounds like my Maths which i resat in jan and had no idea how to do it all after half a year of no maths as i have dropped it.

And your easter holiday sounds rather familiar to my xmas holiday with all the coursework! It's so time consuming but if you put in the effort and get a banging grade it's such a good feeling after, especially knowning you get more leeway for exams!

My revision carding is rubbish though all i do i just rewrite my notes with the added help of colourful highlighters lol

Hope your coursework goes well for you anyway good luck!! (Y) :smile:

umm as for the student finance bit, we're not being income assessed either..just leaving it up to decide how much i can get really =/ my parents didn't want to put any of their info on the application soo that's why!
i hope this coursework goes ok, PE is dragging on a bit now..which exam board are you on? Cause i'm on AQA and i'm getting fed up of just writing and writing now :eek3: I've given myself to the end of today to finish it, have got 8 more sections to do [i know that sounds loads but considering it's 8 out of 24 it's not as bad] lol! Ohh your revision cards sound exactly like mine..good ol trusty highlighters!! =P
Hopefully all this hard work will pay off for both of us :smile:
Reply 55
christianne01
umm as for the student finance bit, we're not being income assessed either..just leaving it up to decide how much i can get really =/ my parents didn't want to put any of their info on the application soo that's why!
i hope this coursework goes ok, PE is dragging on a bit now..which exam board are you on? Cause i'm on AQA and i'm getting fed up of just writing and writing now :eek3: I've given myself to the end of today to finish it, have got 8 more sections to do [i know that sounds loads but considering it's 8 out of 24 it's not as bad] lol! Ohh your revision cards sound exactly like mine..good ol trusty highlighters!! =P
Hopefully all this hard work will pay off for both of us :smile:

just looked up my exam board for PE...it's AQA too :s-smilie: weird as my bit of coursework was done ages and didnt have 24 sections was more like 12....it was assessing my weaknesses, attacking, defending and strategical in hockey :smile:

So are you sitting the PHED3 exam in June?

O yer and with the financy stuff that means we can only get like £3500 maintainence or something doesn't it?

highlighting sort of works...it makes me re read the cards so hopefully a little bit sinks in!

i just want the grades now and for it to be summer and ready for uni :smile:....if only it was that simple!

You got anything to look forward in summer after exams?
binkibonko you live in ipswich, i live near woodbridge lol (this is completely random!!) :smile:
Reply 57
binkibonko
just looked up my exam board for PE...it's AQA too :s-smilie: weird as my bit of coursework was done ages and didnt have 24 sections was more like 12....it was assessing my weaknesses, attacking, defending and strategical in hockey :smile:

So are you sitting the PHED3 exam in June?

O yer and with the financy stuff that means we can only get like £3500 maintainence or something doesn't it?

highlighting sort of works...it makes me re read the cards so hopefully a little bit sinks in!

i just want the grades now and for it to be summer and ready for uni :smile:....if only it was that simple!

You got anything to look forward in summer after exams?

well it was 24 sections because i included the corrective practises bit in that..soo really it was only like 12 too! lol my bad! my coursework took an age, but it's done thank god...was like 9,000 words though so i hope there's no limit lol! and yes will be sitting the same exam as you in june!
i got my student loan stuff through a couple of days ago, i got the tuition fees loan and my maintenance loan i got £3000 cus that's what we asked for, soo i was pretty pleased and so were my parents lol :smile:
i've been spending so much time doing coursework that i've literally only started revising, and it's killing me already..i only want to concentrate on my PE but i know the others are what need more work :/
i can't wait for summer either...and the weather is started to change now and it makes me grumpy that i have to sit and revise :frown: but ohh well, will hopefully all be worth it in the end!
and yeaaah going on holiday with my friend and my family for a couple of weeks in july :biggrin: what about you?
Reply 58
christianne01
well it was 24 sections because i included the corrective practises bit in that..soo really it was only like 12 too! lol my bad! my coursework took an age, but it's done thank god...was like 9,000 words though so i hope there's no limit lol! and yes will be sitting the same exam as you in june!
i got my student loan stuff through a couple of days ago, i got the tuition fees loan and my maintenance loan i got £3000 cus that's what we asked for, soo i was pretty pleased and so were my parents lol :smile:
i've been spending so much time doing coursework that i've literally only started revising, and it's killing me already..i only want to concentrate on my PE but i know the others are what need more work :/
i can't wait for summer either...and the weather is started to change now and it makes me grumpy that i have to sit and revise :frown: but ohh well, will hopefully all be worth it in the end!
and yeaaah going on holiday with my friend and my family for a couple of weeks in july :biggrin: what about you?

Sounds like your coursework is longer than ours :s-smilie: o well who cares so long as we get A's :smile:

I'm going to call student finance later today....(it's 2.30am :O ) But yer done my finance and it's not income assessed but now after talking to people I'm going to get it changed to get it income assessed so I may get the tinniest grant ever haha! But if it's even £100 free money I'll have it :smile:

I know weather has been pretty good lately, spent a few days hanging in London in the holiday! Chilling in London Fields Park in North East London, was pretty sweet checking out all the crazy fashion that goes on in London :smile: but yer found weather just didn't make me want to do any revision today!

All I wana do I get the exams out of the way and someone special person to tell me that I have no need to worry as they know I have AAB lol!

Lucky you going on holiday! I was thinking about it with some mates but I jumped out as I need the money. I'm going to V Festival and the Sunday at Reading Festival and London Electronic Dance Festival! so Festivally summer for me. I think I'm also spending a week or so in Broadstairs, Kent. You might know where that is?! :s-smilie: It's just beachy place closer than Newquay :smile: Was planning to actually spend a week in NEwquay as well this summer but it's proving to be too expensive, especially as I car share with my mum and she couldn't do without it for a week :frown: But on the whole looking forward to a mass of raves this summer! Whereabouts you off to on holmo? any festivals lined up? or you not into stinking toilets and having your wallet and phone stolen haha...that makes it sound so appealing!

Apart from festivalling and holiday I will be working somewhere hopefully lol! Will probably end up asking for more hours at the Co-Op where I work now. I'd rather try get a summer job somewhere a bit more exciting but if I have to work longer in a boring supermarket then I guess I will! :frown: O yer and on that note I may even be sad enough to write to the Co-Op in Exeter and enquire about transferring when i go to Uni! ....That's really quite sad though, but will use it as a back up as I really would prefer Bar work or/and Student union reppy things ...heard student rep gets good pay :wink:......what are you guna do for a job? any ideas?

AND....... haha this is an essay sorry! :smile:

I applied for my accommodation today! :biggrin:
Getting excited now! I chose...in order....

1) Rowancroft - Self catered - En-suite
2) James Owen Court - Self Catered - En-suite
3) Rowancroft Court - Self Catered - Single Enhanced!?! I Think!

Really hope I've made the right choice as never got a chance to visit them! Just going by what little is available for St Luke's and what I prefer (e.g Ensuite) And just going by the piccies made me chose Rowancroft as my 1st!....It's brand spanking new :O ....well we will be the secoond year to use it! Looks really good and close to St Luke's so I can have a long lay in haha! What accommodation are you going for?

Really want the grades now and want it to be freshers week with no worries :s-smilie:.......but if it all goes to pot I could just end up at Brunel and never actually get to meet you :O :'(

haha well that's my late night essay done :biggrin: .....took me like 20 mins :O

O yer and sorry if I have said some stuff before in a thread or repeated a question!

enjoy reading :P
Reply 59
just checked my student finance and it's been approvednon income assessed..... they've sent a letter... :smile:
so i get like £3560 maintenance....which leaves me about £1100 short of affording my accommodation! :frown:

I hope it's not going to be too much of an issue to try and change it to put in for a grant now :s-smilie:.....may mean I have to do it all again as I think income can affect your loan too :s-smilie: who knows I'll find out later when I call them!

Man having everything done is getting me excited!...and it's now 3am ....f**k! lucky I start at 12.30 today :smile: haha

Latest

Trending

Trending