Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucylocket220291)
    I'm pretty sure that Lakeside is only for postgrads! I'm sad too; it looked lovely.
    Woops! Looks like you're right :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmak919)
    Well I was thinking of applying for Arthur Vick or Jack Martin at first (because I thought I wouldn't be able to survive if I didn't have a bathroom for myself lol), but I've changed my mind so now I'm hoping to stay at Whitefields, Rootes or Tocil.
    Snap! I still think I am going to put Arthur Vick first though, but it won't be the end of the world if I don't get an en suite
    I liked the look of Tocil from the outside, and pictures.. it just doesn't have a sink Neither does Claycroft though.. and that'll be my second choice I think!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nbailey8)
    Snap! I still think I am going to put Arthur Vick first though, but it won't be the end of the world if I don't get an en suite
    I liked the look of Tocil from the outside, and pictures.. it just doesn't have a sink Neither does Claycroft though.. and that'll be my second choice I think!
    I like the look of Tocil too but I didn't know that it doesn't have a sink. Do they have sinks in other accommodations? I think Tocil will be my second/third choice btw. Can't wait to know where I will be staying for my first year in the uni! Well we didn't even apply for one yet though... lol

ReputationRep:
    I like the look of Tocil too but I didn't know that it doesn't have a sink. Do they have sinks in other accommodations? I think Tocil will be my second/third choice btw. Can't wait to know where I will be staying for my first year in the uni! Well we didn't even apply for one yet though... lol
    If you go on the website and go to the summary it'll say which ones have sinks in the rooms! What's your first choice? I'm so excited

ReputationRep:
    If you go on the website and go to the summary it'll say which ones have sinks in the rooms! What's your first choice? I'm so excited
    Probably Whitefields. Heard that Whitefields is one of the most sociable accommodations and perfectly located as it's right next to the union and Rootes! It surely would have some drawbacks but I think I can put up with those. I like Rootes as well but I think I prefer flats since I like 'communal feelings' rather than 'lots of people living together' so I might put Rootes as my second and Tocil as my third.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilyful)
    I'm so, so excited to go to Warwick and do French Studies in October! Roll on results day
    Oo, Snap . Apart from I'm french and german studies but still, there's quite a few of us now.

ReputationRep:
    Probably Whitefields. Heard that Whitefields is one of the most sociable accommodations and perfectly located as it's right next to the union and Rootes! It surely would have some drawbacks but I think I can put up with those. I like Rootes as well but I think I prefer flats since I like 'communal feelings' rather than 'lots of people living together' so I might put Rootes as my second and Tocil as my third.
    Whitefields is good cause it's reasonably cheap, and it's also by the taxi rank if I remember correctly which could be beneficial but also a drawback. I'm so torn between accomodation choices! I don't think I would be unhappy anywhere really! I definately agree with you that a flat would be nicer

ReputationRep:
    Whitefields is good cause it's reasonably cheap, and it's also by the taxi rank if I remember correctly which could be beneficial but also a drawback. I'm so torn between accomodation choices! I don't think I would be unhappy anywhere really! I definitely agree with you that a flat would be nicer
    Seriously, choosing accommodation is as hard as choosing a university :eek3: I did some more research on accommodation a while ago and I got confused again! :eek: Can't give up social life in Rootes...lol But yeah it's true that you will be happy wherever you go and this is definitely what makes all these really hard :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Livi_510)
    Oo, Snap . Apart from I'm french and german studies but still, there's quite a few of us now.
    That's awesome Where's your insurance? Which accomodation are you thinking of applying for?

ReputationRep:
    That's awesome Where's your insurance? Which accomodation are you thinking of applying for?
    I think my insurance might be Birmingham...but it's possible it's a higher offer hah.
    I'm really not sure about accommodation yet, I need to have a sit down and print off that summary sheet and decide properly , i'm drowning under revision at the minute lol. You?

ReputationRep:
    I think my insurance might be Birmingham...but it's possible it's a higher offer hah.
    I'm really not sure about accommodation yet, I need to have a sit down and print off that summary sheet and decide properly , i'm drowning under revision at the minute lol. You?
    Wow, how strange! My insurance is Birmingham too BBB. What A levels are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, how strange! My insurance is Birmingham too BBB. What A levels are you doing?
    Haha, oh cool, my Brum offer's ABB though! They must want you more than me :p:. I'm doing French German Latin and Greek , you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peachykeenjellybean)
    ooh yay! it's nice to find other people. Yeah I think it's usually about 20, nice and select haha! what's your offer? and where else did you apply?

also, off topic: I actually love your sig!!
    Yeah, haha; I've been done some 'stalking' and found about 10 people heading for Warwick CAS '10 now :yep: Yeah, they are really selective, I was SO surprised they gave me an offer!

Ah; ABB with an A in any subject (: They also decided to ignore my A2 Spanish from last year... evil, evil, admission tutor/s!! :yep:

What's your offer, then?

I applied to:
    Warwick, Nottingham, Sussex, Leicester, East-Anglia and got 5 acceptances.
    & you, m'dear?

Thank you very much, I love it, too! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, oh cool, my Brum offer's ABB though! They must want you more than me :p:. I'm doing French German Latin and Greek , you?
    XD I've never really been too bothered about going there; never been there D: Have you? I'm going English Lit, French and Geog

ReputationRep:
    XD I've never really been too bothered about going there; never been there D: Have you? I'm going English Lit, French and Geog
    Yeah, i went on the open day and again after with the boyf (his uni) so i've seen it a fair few times, i don't live far from it . I wish i did eng lit!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i went on the open day and again after with the boyf (his uni) so i've seen it a fair few times, i don't live far from it . I wish i did eng lit!
    Ah, goood. Nice to know ^^ And....you definitely don't wish you did it! I bloody hate it! It's my least favourite subject D: I wish I did Latin; my French teacher always bangs on about it

ReputationRep:
    Ah, goood. Nice to know ^^ And....you definitely don't wish you did it! I bloody hate it! It's my least favourite subject D: I wish I did Latin; my French teacher always bangs on about it
    Haha, I miss doing lit :p: . Only been able to do l'etranger and some German lit..though yeah, the essays would've killled me!

Hmm, Latin...I have a bad relationship with it :p: , it's stressing me out ha.

ReputationRep:
    I think I have decided that my accom choices will be Rootes, Whitefields and Tocil :P Will have the discussion with my parents about it tomorrow, hehe.

My insurance is Leeds, for which I need BBB

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, my name is Anders from Sweden. Sorry if this seems a little bit random. First time using this forum. Anyway, I am holding an offer for sociology at Warwick. Going to put it as firm. Anyone else putting Warwick as a firm for sociology?

ReputationRep:
    PEOPLE

We should definitely meet up at and drink on the first night we get there ^^

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.