The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick firmers 2010 :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
emmak919
Well I was thinking of applying for Arthur Vick or Jack Martin at first (because I thought I wouldn't be able to survive if I didn't have a bathroom for myself lol), but I've changed my mind so now I'm hoping to stay at Whitefields, Rootes or Tocil. :biggrin:

Snap! I still think I am going to put Arthur Vick first though, but it won't be the end of the world if I don't get an en suite :smile:
I liked the look of Tocil from the outside, and pictures.. it just doesn't have a sink :frown: Neither does Claycroft though.. and that'll be my second choice I think!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 601
nbailey8
Snap! I still think I am going to put Arthur Vick first though, but it won't be the end of the world if I don't get an en suite :smile:
I liked the look of Tocil from the outside, and pictures.. it just doesn't have a sink :frown: Neither does Claycroft though.. and that'll be my second choice I think!

I like the look of Tocil too :smile: but I didn't know that it doesn't have a sink. Do they have sinks in other accommodations? I think Tocil will be my second/third choice btw. Can't wait to know where I will be staying for my first year in the uni! Well we didn't even apply for one yet though... lol
Reply 602
emmak919
I like the look of Tocil too :smile: but I didn't know that it doesn't have a sink. Do they have sinks in other accommodations? I think Tocil will be my second/third choice btw. Can't wait to know where I will be staying for my first year in the uni! Well we didn't even apply for one yet though... lol

If you go on the website and go to the summary it'll say which ones have sinks in the rooms! What's your first choice? I'm so excited :biggrin:
Reply 603
nbailey8
If you go on the website and go to the summary it'll say which ones have sinks in the rooms! What's your first choice? I'm so excited :biggrin:

Probably Whitefields. Heard that Whitefields is one of the most sociable accommodations and perfectly located as it's right next to the union and Rootes! It surely would have some drawbacks but I think I can put up with those. :smile: I like Rootes as well but I think I prefer flats since I like 'communal feelings' rather than 'lots of people living together' so I might put Rootes as my second and Tocil as my third. :biggrin:
Lilyful
I'm so, so excited to go to Warwick and do French Studies in October! Roll on results day :biggrin:

Oo, Snap :smile:. Apart from I'm french and german studies but still, there's quite a few of us now.
Reply 605
emmak919
Probably Whitefields. Heard that Whitefields is one of the most sociable accommodations and perfectly located as it's right next to the union and Rootes! It surely would have some drawbacks but I think I can put up with those. :smile: I like Rootes as well but I think I prefer flats since I like 'communal feelings' rather than 'lots of people living together' so I might put Rootes as my second and Tocil as my third. :biggrin:

Whitefields is good cause it's reasonably cheap, and it's also by the taxi rank if I remember correctly which could be beneficial but also a drawback. I'm so torn between accomodation choices! I don't think I would be unhappy anywhere really! I definately agree with you that a flat would be nicer :biggrin:
Reply 606
nbailey8
Whitefields is good cause it's reasonably cheap, and it's also by the taxi rank if I remember correctly which could be beneficial but also a drawback. I'm so torn between accomodation choices! I don't think I would be unhappy anywhere really! I definitely agree with you that a flat would be nicer :biggrin:

Seriously, choosing accommodation is as hard as choosing a university :eek3: I did some more research on accommodation a while ago and I got confused again! :eek: Can't give up social life in Rootes...lol But yeah it's true that you will be happy wherever you go and this is definitely what makes all these really hard :yep:
Reply 607
Livi_510
Oo, Snap :smile:. Apart from I'm french and german studies but still, there's quite a few of us now.
That's awesome :biggrin: Where's your insurance? Which accomodation are you thinking of applying for?
Lilyful
That's awesome :biggrin: Where's your insurance? Which accomodation are you thinking of applying for?

I think my insurance might be Birmingham...but it's possible it's a higher offer hah.
I'm really not sure about accommodation yet, I need to have a sit down and print off that summary sheet and decide properly :smile:, i'm drowning under revision at the minute lol. You?
Reply 609
Livi_510
I think my insurance might be Birmingham...but it's possible it's a higher offer hah.
I'm really not sure about accommodation yet, I need to have a sit down and print off that summary sheet and decide properly :smile:, i'm drowning under revision at the minute lol. You?
Wow, how strange! My insurance is Birmingham too :smile: BBB. What A levels are you doing?
Lilyful
Wow, how strange! My insurance is Birmingham too :smile: BBB. What A levels are you doing?

Haha, oh cool, my Brum offer's ABB though! They must want you more than me :p:. I'm doing French German Latin and Greek :smile:, you?
peachykeenjellybean
ooh yay! it's nice to find other people. Yeah I think it's usually about 20, nice and select haha! what's your offer? and where else did you apply? :smile:

also, off topic: I actually love your sig!!

Yeah, haha; I've been done some 'stalking' and found about 10 people heading for Warwick CAS '10 now :yep: Yeah, they are really selective, I was SO surprised they gave me an offer! :biggrin:

Ah; ABB with an A in any subject (: They also decided to ignore my A2 Spanish from last year... evil, evil, admission tutor/s!! :yep:

What's your offer, then? :smile:

I applied to:
Warwick, Nottingham, Sussex, Leicester, East-Anglia and got 5 acceptances.
& you, m'dear?

Thank you very much, I love it, too! :rolleyes:
Reply 612
Livi_510
Haha, oh cool, my Brum offer's ABB though! They must want you more than me :p:. I'm doing French German Latin and Greek :smile:, you?
XD I've never really been too bothered about going there; never been there D: Have you? I'm going English Lit, French and Geog :biggrin:
Lilyful
XD I've never really been too bothered about going there; never been there D: Have you? I'm going English Lit, French and Geog :biggrin:

Yeah, i went on the open day and again after with the boyf (his uni) so i've seen it a fair few times, i don't live far from it :smile: . I wish i did eng lit!
Reply 614
Livi_510
Yeah, i went on the open day and again after with the boyf (his uni) so i've seen it a fair few times, i don't live far from it :smile: . I wish i did eng lit!
Ah, goood. Nice to know ^^ And....you definitely don't wish you did it! I bloody hate it! It's my least favourite subject D: I wish I did Latin; my French teacher always bangs on about it :smile:
Lilyful
Ah, goood. Nice to know ^^ And....you definitely don't wish you did it! I bloody hate it! It's my least favourite subject D: I wish I did Latin; my French teacher always bangs on about it :smile:

Haha, I miss doing lit :p: . Only been able to do l'etranger and some German lit..though yeah, the essays would've killled me!

Hmm, Latin...I have a bad relationship with it :p: , it's stressing me out ha.
Reply 616
I think I have decided that my accom choices will be Rootes, Whitefields and Tocil :P Will have the discussion with my parents about it tomorrow, hehe.

My insurance is Leeds, for which I need BBB :smile:
Reply 617
Hey guys, my name is Anders from Sweden. Sorry if this seems a little bit random. First time using this forum. Anyway, I am holding an offer for sociology at Warwick. Going to put it as firm. Anyone else putting Warwick as a firm for sociology? :smile:
Reply 618
PEOPLE

We should definitely meet up at and drink on the first night we get there ^^
Reply 619
manthew
PEOPLE

We should definitely meet up at and drink on the first night we get there ^^

Obviously, that's a given...

And then we'll be watching United games in the SU the entire year

Quick Reply

Latest