The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Kash:)
Can I ask, if I get a breast reduction on the NHS (unsure if this will be possible or not), would you say it is justified?

- I am a 30J

- I've been on a diet, lost about 20lbs. They have still got bigger though. I was a 32GG when I weighed my heighest.

- They are very annoying when exercising and sometimes they prevent me from taking part in things.

- I get so many comments about them. I have learnt to live with it, but some of them are just so OTT and I have been shocked at some of the things people say.

- Sometimes I avoid going out because of them, especially in the summer as it's difficult to wear clothes that cover them up

- I used to bunk of school alot becuase I just couldn't take some of the comments.

- Sometimes people think it's perfectly fine to have a feel, really they do.

- It's a nightmare trying to get clothes, let alone bras.

- I've had lots and lots of counselling sessions

- I would pay for some of it myself, but I wouldn't be able to afford all of it

I think youd have a strong case. Reductions are looked on in a very different light by society, since having a chest is often a desirable asset, people arent usually queing to get them removed unless they present a singificant problem.
sweet_pea
Where did I ever mention that I think plastice surgery on the NHS is more important than heart transplants etc. I find you incredibly rude.

If you read my post properly you would of seen that I suffer shoulder pain, aswell as back pain so yes, it does affect my life but don't ever think that I think plastic surgery is more important than life saving procedures.

I'm not talking about your personal situation, I don't know you and I'm not a doctor so its not a decision I'm qualified to make, I was talking generally.

And by the very act of advocating plastic surgery be performed on the NHS you are saying that it is should be put in front of other more important, often life-saving, procedures. As I said, the NHS has limited resources, so if you elect these resources should go to plastic surgery you are reducing the resources available to people who actually need life-saving treatments like heart transplants.

And next time, leave your name when you send a neg :rolleyes:
onething
This is rediculous! someone who honestly has severe mental problems about their appearance would not be flaunting the offending part, therefore you cannot have sufficient problems to merit NHS surgery! If my trust in the NHS is to be maintained, i hope that any NHS doctor will refuse to give you surgery.

If your paying for it yourself though, go ahead.

im not showing it topless

as i said im going to see about it, if they refuse me they refuse me if they dont good times, theres nothing you can do about it
Reply 183
I think its acceptable to fix physical 'impairments' that make people anxious about their appearance and therefore reduce their standard of living, in a sense (of course appearance is not everything but if someone worries about their appearance so much it makes them miserable its important). For example if two boobs have a massive difference (eg- 1 A cup, the other is a D cup) then its alright and it almost goes for out saying that's its good in the cases of burn victims and the like. I don't think it is acceptable in cases that are purely vain and there is no serious issue such as nose jobs, collagen injections or botox. However, what is deemed to be a serious issue is always subjective as its at the digression of the doctor.
aeonflux
I'm not talking about your personal situation, I don't know you and I'm not a doctor so its not a decision I'm qualified to make, I was talking generally.

And by the very act of advocating plastic surgery be performed on the NHS you are saying that it is should be put in front of other more important, often life-saving, procedures. As I said, the NHS has limited resources, so if you elect these resources should go to plastic surgery you are reducing the resources available to people who actually need life-saving treatments like heart transplants.

And next time, leave your name when you send a neg :rolleyes:

How does by advocating plastic surgery by the NHS means I think it's more important that life saving procedures? I am not saying that in the slightest. I know they have limited resources, I do work for them after all and I personally hate people who think they can get everything done for them by the NHS, for example, people who want breast implants for silly reasons.

And why leave my name for neg when you know it's me :p:
sweet_pea
How does by advocating plastic surgery by the NHS means I think it's more important that life saving procedures? I am not saying that in the slightest. I know they have limited resources, I do work for them after all and I personally hate people who think they can get everything done for them by the NHS, for example, people who want breast implants for silly reasons.

And why leave my name for neg when you know it's me :p:

Maybe its easier if we follow the argument through step by step:
1) NHS has limited resources.
2) If plastic surgery is advocated it will have to consume some of these resources.
3) This leaves less resources for more important, potentially life saving procedures.

Therefore by advocating the NHS uses resources on plastic surgery, you are also advocating that the NHS does not use these same resources elsewhere, such as on life saving procedures or drugs for cancer patients.
aeonflux
2) If plastic surgery is advocated it will have to consume some of these resources.
3) This leaves less resources for more important, potentially life saving procedures.

Therefore by advocating the NHS uses resources on plastic surgery, you are also advocating that the NHS does not use these same resources elsewhere, such as on life saving procedures or drugs for cancer patients.

:rolleyes:
Reply 187
tinktinktinkerbell
im not showing it topless

as i said im going to see about it, if they refuse me they refuse me if they dont good times, theres nothing you can do about it

You will likely get refused on the basis of age at any rate, and from what i can see also on the basis of the fact that theres not really a problem with them. And I am aware there is nothing I can do about it, but surely you can see that someone who HONESTLY was seriously insecure about their breasts wouldn't be parading around with tops which showed them off and then taking photos at even more revealing angles and proudly posting them as their own forum picture? you cant HONESTY believe that this is the action of someone with a severe deformity which really upsets them, can you?
onething
You will likely get refused on the basis of age at any rate, and from what i can see also on the basis of the fact that theres not really a problem with them. And I am aware there is nothing I can do about it, but surely you can see that someone who HONESTLY was seriously insecure about their breasts wouldn't be parading around with tops which showed them off and then taking photos at even more revealing angles and proudly posting them as their own forum picture? you cant HONESTY believe that this is the action of someone with a severe deformity which really upsets them, can you?

do you think the same for the people who go on those body programs, ones like how to look good naked, that embaressing body ones, they say they are insecure about their body yet they are getting naked for millions of people on TV, cant be that insecure right?

:rolleyes: wrong!
tinktinktinkerbell
do you think the same for the people who go on those body programs, ones like how to look good naked, that embaressing body ones, they say they are insecure about their body yet they are getting naked for millions of people on TV, cant be that insecure right?

Maybe they just want to look good and feel better about themselves. You seem to have a habit of making insensitive comments on here don't you?
Rainbow-Dream
Maybe they just want to look good and feel better about themselves. You seem to have a habit of making insensitive comments on here don't you?

:rolleyes:

the point is i want to feel just the same as them (good about myself)
aeonflux

Thanks for the neg lol And I didn't say anything back cause basically you're saying the same thing as before and I would end up saying the same thing back.

So how about cosmetic surgery for people who have had breast cancer and have had their breasts removed so they get cosmetic surgery to reshape their breasts? You disagree about that? Or how about people who have a mishaped nose and it affects their breathing, should they not be aloud a nose job on the NHS? Or what about people who have birth marks in unsuitable places, burns etc, are they not aloud skin grafts for example to correct those? I think you haven't looked at the full picture!
tinktinktinkerbell
what do you think of this? should it be allowed? im talking about all forms for any reason

have you done it? would you?

im going to see about getting a birthmark removed from my forehead and getting a boob job when i lose weight (my boobs are also two very noticeable different sizes)

Yes, and I would.

I'm similar to you OP, I have a dark, quite large birthmark on my calf I'd like to get removed, and my boobs are also different sizes :p: But it's not too bad, I don't think I'd have surgery.
tinktinktinkerbell

That's because people like you say they shouldn't have surgery on the NHS and they have to pay privately or go without. So in that situation I would flaunt my bits on tv if I really needed the surgery. Can't blame them for that.
Reply 194
tinktinktinkerbell

no, many of those on embarassing bodies with phyical 'deformities(eg saggy breasts, tuborus breasts) are not suffering significant distress but are rather just normal people with normal body issues. plus, in return for that they get the problem sorted, so in a way its like the trade off of the embarassment of going to a gynaecologist. but you still wouldn't take a photo of your vagina and put it on the internet.

Those people arent choosing to parade it around! you have, through you own choice, neigh DESIRE!, exposed a reasonable proportion of your boobs on the internet. those people get nakid so that people will help tem. Its not liek ther having view of their body taken in poses to try and make themseelves look god to the nation. The people on how to look good nakid arent expecting nhs surgery, and the people on embarassing bdies seem to often have problems which many doctors have been unable to cure and are very desperate, but they still dont take photos of their offeding part and display it as though they are proud. Your picture on here fixes nothing. they say they have 'insecurities'- so does eveyone, but they dont generally claim to be needing treatment because of their severe mental distress. i feel that some of the people who go on their are taking the piss if they expect nhs surgery, and their 'distress' is just everyday hang ups about their body that everyone has . For example 'oh i cant even wear a bikini', or 'i feel abit uncomfortable' REDICULOUS EXCUSES. i agree with what was said earlier, anyone who was really that distressed about their physical appearance would be saving up to have their own surgery.

At any rate, you still avoid directly answering my question. I have answered your reply. do you HONSESTLY believe that someone who was severely insecure about their chest would post a picture on the internet as though they are proud of them, a picture which seems to me to say 'look at my boobs'?

Latest

Trending

Trending